• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Knocks Pilly Out Of The Playoffs?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I like how they match up with Seattle

Think the Rams could be a tougher game due to the balance they have on offense
The Rams are more balanced than the Eagles? Let's look at this, the Eagles are either the top rushing team or near it. The Eagles have the best young QB in the NFL, who is the front runner for the MVP in his 2nd year, he has also thrown 28 TD passes this year. There have only been 2 or 3 others that have accomplished that, I remember Marino, but can't think of who else.
The Eagles held the Bears to 6 yards rushing. The Bears were in the top 5 rushing teams in the NFL. They have given up 1 TD in the month of November. How much more balance can there be?
You have no idea what you are talking about.
I have also taken Gurly and Goff into account. I like the Rams, but they are not at the same level as the Eagles. The Rams have a good D, but seriously, they are not on the same level either.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I like Philly. I think they're very good but they've got 1 win over a team with a winning record. 1. So let's slow our roll a bit

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are the best team in the NFL right now. That does not make them a lock for the SB. On any given Sunday they can be beat however it will have to be by a good team. They are not sleeping on bad teams and the domination they showed against the Bears is proof of that.

The Eagles were already dominant against the run but it was pointed out in one of the morning shows that since week 8 they are also the #1 pass defense in the NFL. They may not seem like much but the Eagles had injury issues in the secondary all season. Darby going down was a big blow but as a team they picked it up. Now that he is back the defense will be even better. They are one of the few teams in the NFL that provide pressure with just the front 4.

The Brady factor is why I would pick he Pats over the Eagles. He is an HOF'er playing at a high level and is far better than Wentz. I don't think a team in the NFC comes into Philly and wins. I think the Eagles could possibly have an issue with a road game but at home with they way they are playing the sky is the limit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next two weeks should tell us much about the Eagles. If they beat the Seahawks and Rams at home, there will be no doubt they are the best in the conference, for sure.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they do, but at least the Eagles can keep them off balance with a balanced offensive attack

The Eagles defense doesnt even need to pay attention to Eddie Lacy or whatever other stiff they put back there
Should be a good game. RW will be the key for the Hawks.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are the best team in the NFL right now. That does not make them a lock for the SB. On any given Sunday they can be beat however it will have to be by a good team. They are not sleeping on bad teams and the domination they showed against the Bears is proof of that.

The Eagles were already dominant against the run but it was pointed out in one of the morning shows that since week 8 they are also the #1 pass defense in the NFL. They may not seem like much but the Eagles had injury issues in the secondary all season. Darby going down was a big blow but as a team they picked it up. Now that he is back the defense will be even better. They are one of the few teams in the NFL that provide pressure with just the front 4.

The Brady factor is why I would pick he Pats over the Eagles. He is an HOF'er playing at a high level and is far better than Wentz. I don't think a team in the NFC comes into Philly and wins. I think the Eagles could possibly have an issue with a road game but at home with they way they are playing the sky is the limit.
Good point about Philly's road games. I see they have three road games in a row, against the Hawks, Rams and Giants. The next three weeks should be interesting.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I like Philly. I think they're very good but they've got 1 win over a team with a winning record. 1. So let's slow our roll a bit

True - though to some extent the teams they beat looked quite okay at the time the Eagles played them. Also, unlike many of the other teams in the NFL, the Eagles, over the past weeks, have blown out the teams they were supposed to beat.

Also, as currently playing, the Eagles are arguably the most complete team in the NFL. Top offense (both run and pass), top defense (both run and pass), and good special teams. In fact, ST has been the weakest part of the team over the past few games. So far, they have shown they can play every style of game.

Despite many significant injuries (Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Sturgis, Maragos) the Eagles have continued to roll, and beat opponents quite handily, if not outright dominating them. The have no obvious weakness to expoit, or at least, none of them has emerged so far.

The next few games will tell a lot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True - though to some extent the teams they beat looked quite okay at the time the Eagles played them. Also, unlike many of the other teams in the NFL, the Eagles, over the past weeks, have blown out the teams they were supposed to beat.

Also, as currently playing, the Eagles are arguably the most complete team in the NFL. Top offense (both run and pass), top defense (both run and pass), and good special teams. In fact, ST has been the weakest part of the team over the past few games. So far, they have shown they can play every style of game.

Despite many significant injuries (Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Sturgis, Maragos) the Eagles have continued to roll, and beat opponents quite handily, if not outright dominating them. The have no obvious weakness to expoit, or at least, none of them has emerged so far.

The next few games will tell a lot.
Absolutely . I like the Eagles a lot ( I picked them to win the East preseason ). I'm simply pointing out that 9 of their 11 games have been vs teams who just aren't very good . Props to Philly for winning all those games ( many teams don't as you pointed out ). That said I think it's premature to assert that "only Philly can beat Philly". I just don't necessarily see it that way. I'd put Philly right with Minnesota and the Rams as teams I think are very capable but very unproven

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I hear a lot about a team being "complete ". I'm not entirely sure what that means . Most every team that is in the playoff race is complete. Philly, Atlanta, Seattle and Minnesota ALL rank in the Top 10 in offense and defense . The teams that don't rank in the Top 10 in both have one ELITE unit and the other is still solid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking 12 wins. Exceeded my expectations too. I thought Doug would be great in his HC role but I didn't realize how fast Wentz would turn into a dominant QB.

I was thinking 9 cause I was no where near sure how Doug was going to preform given bone head plays from last year. Would he be stubborn like Andy and not change or would he learn from his mistakes and change things up? The latter part has happened and it has showed on the field and I now think Doug will become a very successful coach with Philly for many years. I thought Wentz had the tools and smarts to be a top QB in the league but I too didn't think we would see this type of play this quickly, credit Doug and the staff as well. Also credit Howie for putting play makers around him to succeed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i think the Pats are as good as anyone in the NFC. The Pats will probably win another one this year because they always win when they get to the SB except when the Giants are there and obviously they don't have to worry about that this season ...
The 6th ish best team in the NFC beat the Patriots in foxboro. The steelers could barely beat the rodgerless packers. The AFC is a disgrace.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are more balanced than the Eagles? Let's look at this, the Eagles are either the top rushing team or near it. The Eagles have the best young QB in the NFL, who is the front runner for the MVP in his 2nd year, he has also thrown 28 TD passes this year. There have only been 2 or 3 others that have accomplished that, I remember Marino, but can't think of who else.
The Eagles held the Bears to 6 yards rushing. The Bears were in the top 5 rushing teams in the NFL. They have given up 1 TD in the month of November. How much more balance can there be?
You have no idea what you are talking about.
I have also taken Gurly and Goff into account. I like the Rams, but they are not at the same level as the Eagles. The Rams have a good D, but seriously, they are not on the same level either.

No, I meant more balanced than Seattle

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National narrative : Everybody loves to hate Philly and their battery throwin', stadium jailing, Santa-hating fans. For them to win out then lose in the first round of the playoffs is a story that writes itself and every writer wants to write it while driving that dagger just a little deeper. Whether it's 'no karma', 'they deserve this', or any other lazy slogan, the sheer weight of the following memes and hot takes could be unlike anything we have ever seen before. The trolling will be magisterial.

Philadelphia narrative : Two sides to this.
1) There are callers on WIP/WFAN that already believe they are super bowl bound, talking parade, yada yada yada. There is a certain amount of pride in being the 'worst' fans, so this is it. This is our ticket. Ride or die. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
2) A majority of us watch with nervous anticipation. When will the wheels come off. When will the unlucky break doom us all. Are we too confident? Too arrogant? Being a negadelphian comes with a history of hurt and hedging our bets. Sure, we don't get as hurt as #1 above us, because we expect the let down. But, if there is success, we will revel in it, but it won't be anywhere near the experience that #1 above feels.

I'm somewhere in between the two, but probably closer to #2.
I just don't want to jinx anything by saying the wrong thing.

There's still a lot of season to play, so I will reserve judgment until the Eagles clinch their playoff spot, the division, then hopefully HFA. It is interesting that both NO and MIN are dome teams, so HFA could be a significant advantage. Didn't stop NO from beating PHI before, but there was a Chip Kelly factor there. Maybe that's relevant and maybe it's not.

Best of luck to everyone.
The team has their heads on straight. The fans opinions don't matter. Some of us actually understand that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have been getting better.
You are assuming a win - good luck with that.
My question is not assuming a win or loss, who might knock the Eagles out of the playoffs.
The Eagles are the best team in the NFC - but they are beatable.
The question remains, If the Eagles bow out, who is going to do it?
That is not a cut, I don't see any NFC team likely to beat the Eagles.......
Bill's defense tends to struggle against QBs the first time he sees them. Usually shuts them down something stupid the 2nd time. He hasn't seen Wentz yet.

Who might? The Saints might. The sun might not come up tomorrow either.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have the best record - but
They squeaked by a bunch of teams. They are playing much better lately.
Have they peaked too early?
If they are going to get bumped out of the playoffs, who is going to do it?

Make your case.....

lol. Eagles have the largest point differential in the NFL. 7 of their 10 wins have been by 10 points or more. lol

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly has a chance to go all the way, but if they end up playing Minny, there might be a chance they don't get past them.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6th ish best team in the NFC beat the Patriots in foxboro. The steelers could barely beat the rodgerless packers. The AFC is a disgrace.

and the 6th ish best team in the AFC beat your Eagles .... and the Pats destroyed the 2nd best team in the NFC in their own building ... we could both do this until the end of time....

Picking out a couple of regular season games to back your theory is not going to get you very far.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the 6th ish best team in the AFC beat your Eagles .... and the Pats destroyed the 2nd best team in the NFC in their own building ... we could both do this until the end of time....

Picking out a couple of regular season games to back your theory is not going to get you very far.
The only thing you're proving is that week 2 doesn't matter.