• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Knocks Pilly Out Of The Playoffs?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your question is who is the 2nd best team well that is clearly the saints. Big step down from the Eagles to them and another step down from them to the Rams and the Vikings.

All very good teams however. Especially when compared to the minor league AFC.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you say. I too thought 9 wins at most but they have exceeded expectations.
I was thinking 12 wins. Exceeded my expectations too. I thought Doug would be great in his HC role but I didn't realize how fast Wentz would turn into a dominant QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with your "seasoned QB" is that Wentzel is NOT a seasoned QB and could just as easily swallow a chicken bone in his first playoff game. Most of the Eagles are playoff neophites and don't have a lot of "seasoning". Seattle even without Sherman will give them fits. Brees can make the Saints a bitch to face.

Worse.....................................if the Eagles win the NFCCG they have to face the possibility of the Steelers or Patriots who are probably a bit too "Spicy."
Not a fucking chance.

It's cute in some ways that most of the NFL fans haven't really met Wentz yet.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your question is who is the 2nd best team well that is clearly the saints. Big step down from the Eagles to them and another step down from them to the Rams and the Vikings.

I dont think its "Clearly"

I think the Vikings have a really strong case there

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it begins...Two games on the road, once again Russell Wilson has decided to put his team on his back and carry them to the end, then they head south to play a young dangerous Rams team....

Personally would love the split on this road trip, this whole 1 game lose thing is starting to drive bat shit crazy...
Some of you guys are pathetic! A split?? The Seahawks got beat by the redskins at home and their oline is shit and their secondary is half missing. Sean McVay isn't the smartest offensive coach in the game. Doug Pederson is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are pathetic! A split?? The Seahawks got beat by the redskins at home and their oline is shit and their secondary is half missing. Sean McVay isn't the smartest offensive coach in the game. Doug Pederson is.

I agree, I like how they match up with Seattle

Think the Rams could be a tougher game due to the balance they have on offense

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its "Clearly"

I think the Vikings have a really strong case there

Well the distance between the Vikings and saints is clearly closer than the Eagles and everyone else. I'll agree with that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I like how they match up with Seattle

Think the Rams could be a tougher game due to the balance they have on offense
Goff will end up looking rookieish in that one. The Eagles defense is killer. McVay has to still baby him while Doug can't give Wentz more control fast enough.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles defense was not happy giving up three points. The offense was not happy about dropping the ball three times. This is a team that gets better every week because they demand it from the players on up.

If you don't know, now you know.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eh, i think the Pats are as good as anyone in the NFC. The Pats will probably win another one this year because they always win when they get to the SB except when the Giants are there and obviously they don't have to worry about that this season ...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i think the Pats are as good as anyone in the NFC. The Pats will probably win another one this year because they always win when they get to the SB except when the Giants are there and obviously they don't have to worry about that this season ...

As a guy that doesnt like the Pats very much, I have to agree, I think the only interesting development in the AFC this January is IF, big IF, the AFC title game is in Pitt

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol dude you need to see more of them. They get better every week. I doubt any team works harder during the week and it has shown all year. The only team we lost to we would beat by 20 right now.

Eagles have been getting better.
You are assuming a win - good luck with that.
My question is not assuming a win or loss, who might knock the Eagles out of the playoffs.
The Eagles are the best team in the NFC - but they are beatable.
The question remains, If the Eagles bow out, who is going to do it?
That is not a cut, I don't see any NFC team likely to beat the Eagles.......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have been getting better.
You are assuming a win - good luck with that.
My question is not assuming a win or loss, who might knock the Eagles out of the playoffs.
The Eagles are the best team in the NFC - but they are beatable.
The question remains, If the Eagles bow out, who is going to do it?
That is not a cut, I don't see any NFC team likely to beat the Eagles.......

I keep looking at those Vikings man

I love well coached, mistake free teams come January

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the Rams just beat the Saints?

I see a very disappointing end to the season for you.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National narrative : Everybody loves to hate Philly and their battery throwin', stadium jailing, Santa-hating fans. For them to win out then lose in the first round of the playoffs is a story that writes itself and every writer wants to write it while driving that dagger just a little deeper. Whether it's 'no karma', 'they deserve this', or any other lazy slogan, the sheer weight of the following memes and hot takes could be unlike anything we have ever seen before. The trolling will be magisterial.

Philadelphia narrative : Two sides to this.
1) There are callers on WIP/WFAN that already believe they are super bowl bound, talking parade, yada yada yada. There is a certain amount of pride in being the 'worst' fans, so this is it. This is our ticket. Ride or die. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
2) A majority of us watch with nervous anticipation. When will the wheels come off. When will the unlucky break doom us all. Are we too confident? Too arrogant? Being a negadelphian comes with a history of hurt and hedging our bets. Sure, we don't get as hurt as #1 above us, because we expect the let down. But, if there is success, we will revel in it, but it won't be anywhere near the experience that #1 above feels.

I'm somewhere in between the two, but probably closer to #2.
I just don't want to jinx anything by saying the wrong thing.

There's still a lot of season to play, so I will reserve judgment until the Eagles clinch their playoff spot, the division, then hopefully HFA. It is interesting that both NO and MIN are dome teams, so HFA could be a significant advantage. Didn't stop NO from beating PHI before, but there was a Chip Kelly factor there. Maybe that's relevant and maybe it's not.

Best of luck to everyone.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National narrative : Everybody loves to hate Philly and their battery throwin', stadium jailing, Santa-hating fans. For them to win out then lose in the first round of the playoffs is a story that writes itself and every writer wants to write it while driving that dagger just a little deeper. Whether it's 'no karma', 'they deserve this', or any other lazy slogan, the sheer weight of the following memes and hot takes could be unlike anything we have ever seen before. The trolling will be magisterial.

Philadelphia narrative : Two sides to this.
1) There are callers on WIP/WFAN that already believe they are super bowl bound, talking parade, yada yada yada. There is a certain amount of pride in being the 'worst' fans, so this is it. This is our ticket. Ride or die. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
2) A majority of us watch with nervous anticipation. When will the wheels come off. When will the unlucky break doom us all. Are we too confident? Too arrogant? Being a negadelphian comes with a history of hurt and hedging our bets. Sure, we don't get as hurt as #1 above us, because we expect the let down. But, if there is success, we will revel in it, but it won't be anywhere near the experience that #1 above feels.

I'm somewhere in between the two, but probably closer to #2.
I just don't want to jinx anything by saying the wrong thing.

There's still a lot of season to play, so I will reserve judgment until the Eagles clinch their playoff spot, the division, then hopefully HFA. It is interesting that both NO and MIN are dome teams, so HFA could be a significant advantage. Didn't stop NO from beating PHI before, but there was a Chip Kelly factor there. Maybe that's relevant and maybe it's not.

Best of luck to everyone.

That's a fantastic write up, but I need to correct just one fact check:

They wont lose in the "first round of the playoffs" since they'll have the #1 seed and have a bye, making their first game in the "2nd round"......

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our fans are knuckleheads and I get why many hate us. But most Eagles fans are alright. And we're undoubtedly loyal and passionate. We deserve a ring.

Plus, it would shut up those Cowboys fans who have no other comeback but to point at their dusted-over trophy case from the 1990s.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots. Philly will lose in the Superbowl. Again.

This scenario scares me almost as much as meeting the Saints and losing in the NFC.

That said, I think Philly can bring the pass rush heat right now, and we have seen that is cleft-chin's kryptonite.