• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the best Virginia Tech football player ever?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally not trying to start an argument here, but I find it fairly hypocritical for you to be saying something like this, based on your track record on other message boards, twitter, etc. As someone who has 'stirred the pot' plenty in his day, I would expect you to to respect someone else's views and not troll them (not putting blame on you, personally) - even if they are fairly polarizing.

At least I don't trash the Tech program, coaches, players and recruits.

And no, I don't respect someone who does absolutely no homework before making comments that are totally idiotic. I've challenged the poster in question several times to produce actual facts to back up his comments and nothing has been forthcoming except his usual garbage.

I want people who come to this board to read factual content or opinions based on factual content. When someone posts incorrect information, including myself, I expect someone else to post a correction. That's not "trolling" in my opinion, it's adding value to the board content. If that's being "polarizing" in your opinion, then so be it.

As far as what's been said or done on other boards, don't you think it's a little silly to bring up posting history that may be years old? Now who's "trolling"?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith- Best player to ever wear a VT uniform, as far as football skills go.
Vick- Most important player for the VT program to ever dawn a VT uniform.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling - To use the internet to start problems, insult, or hurt others. An action that only usually affects the person trolling.
Usually a very bored, lonely person with no friends. Or a punk ass kid.

I would say that definition would match the Fooz to the teeth.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least I don't trash the Tech program, coaches, players and recruits.

And no, I don't respect someone who does absolutely no homework before making comments that are totally idiotic. I've challenged the poster in question several times to produce actual facts to back up his comments and nothing has been forthcoming except his usual garbage.

I want people who come to this board to read factual content or opinions based on factual content. When someone posts incorrect information, including myself, I expect someone else to post a correction. That's not "trolling" in my opinion, it's adding value to the board content. If that's being "polarizing" in your opinion, then so be it.

As far as what's been said or done on other boards, don't you think it's a little silly to bring up posting history that may be years old? Now who's "trolling"?

I'm not trolling. The problem is that there are people who can't stand to hear a single negative thing about their team. If a program was perfect or coming off a national championship season then I'd understand if someone took offense to fault finding. But VT is not Alabama and there is room for improvement. Trash the program, players, and coaches? You make it sound like I hate everything that has to do with VT football. Talk about hyperbole

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling. The problem is that there are people who can't stand to hear a single negative thing about their team. If a program was perfect or coming off a national championship season then I'd understand if someone took offense to fault finding. But VT is not Alabama and there is room for improvement. Trash the program, players, and coaches? You make it sound like I hate everything that has to do with VT football. Talk about hyperbole

I'm pretty fucking glad we're not Alabama actually.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all have some negative views as far as VT and its football program goes.

Here's my negative bit. I'd like to see bigger OL on our roster or I'd like to see us steer away from playing (primarily) power-pro-run-first football. We can get away with it sometimes but against Big10 defensive lines, SEC lineman, etc .. we'll lose those "power" battles more than win them. That's my reasoning. If we can't recruit corn-fed Nebraska boys to fill our trenches, build your offense around the type of lineman that we can get.

When it comes to recruiting fooz ... you need to just let the shit go and start living in the real world. We're not a "national recruiting power". Build a history like Notre Dame, Michigan (which takes 100 YEARS!!) and maybe then. We can't offer a kid topless beaches in Miami or LA. We offer them Blacksburg. Virginia is not the recruiting goldmine that Florida, Texas, and California are. I'm sure our coaches work DAMN hard at recruiting and are willing to adapt (hence the changes recently). Our resources are limited and we have to "hedge our bets" and focus our resources on realistic prospects...period .... Let's move on from that .... It is what it is ... You wanna do something about it? Up your fucking booster contributions

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree on the OL bit and that's where a good offensive coordinator comes in. I don't like the one we have

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the OL bit and that's where a good offensive coordinator comes in. I don't like the one we have

You won't find many arguments from us on this...

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go with Bruce Smith. If Alston is even half as good, we'll be in decent shape.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith- Best player to ever wear a VT uniform, as far as football skills go.
Vick- Most important player for the VT program to ever dawn a VT uniform.

I can get behind that.

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Grimm. That's right, I said it. He did it without the physical tools all the other guys had.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is that there are people who can't stand to hear a single negative thing about their team.

That's not it. Feel free to offer constructive criticism, if you have any, but the aimless negativity gets tiresome.

Here's some advice from Teddy Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick did more for the program, but it's got to be Bruce.