• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is ready for hokiescoop.com?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jamie Oakes does not due the rankings for Virginia for 247 their national guys due all the rankings. Jamie will put out his own top 20/30 sometimes but that is just for his site not 247. The people that rank recruits for 247 were the guys that used to do Rivals. More than just they guy that started rivals came to 247.

Wrong.

In direct response to a question I posed to him on Twitter, J. C. Shurburtt told me Oakes did all of the 247 Virginia player-rankings for 2012. Schurburtt also told me that he didn't even review the rankings for the Virginia 2012 Class.

He did say that he will be directly involved in reviewing the 2013 Class for Virginia.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

In direct response to a question I posed to him on Twitter, J. C. Shurburtt told me Oakes did all of the 247 Virginia player-rankings for 2012. Schurburtt also told me that he didn't even review the rankings for the Virginia 2012 Class.

He did say that he will be directly involved in reviewing the 2013 Class for Virginia.

These are a few quotes from Jamie Oakes:

"Yes, it's happening. I think it will be good for UVa coverage because it will increase the number of people gathering information. I've said that from the beginning."

"I'll handle the policing of this site but it goes both ways. If any of you guys go over and flame, expect the favor to be returned in kind. There will be jackasses on both sides of the fence and that's what being a fan is all about. Someone here is going to read something on the VT site that they hate and will respond. I expect the same to happen here.

Look, I don't expect the fanbases to be friends but Alabama and Auburn is much more vitriolic rivalry. They coexist on this network are thriving communities, two of the biggest sites here or anywhere on the net. If they can do it, so can UVa and VT.

Like I said, I see the addition of this market as an improvement to the overall coverage scope of 247Sports. JC Shurburtt is going to play in active role in the content of the site for the time being. As all of you know, he's as unbiased as they come and he's one of the main reasons that I came to 247Sports.

He's not only a friend but someone that I have a ton of respect for at the professional level.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Oakes does not due the rankings for Virginia for 247 their national guys due all the rankings. Jamie will put out his own top 20/30 sometimes but that is just for his site not 247. The people that rank recruits for 247 were the guys that used to do Rivals. More than just they guy that started rivals came to 247.

Shows how much you know. "Due" you honestly think that the national guys have time to concentrate on each individual state by themselves? Of course not, which is why Jamie Oakes is happy that 247 is adding a VT page so that it will be less work on him, and a better overall ranking of the talent.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Felling a bit feisty this am and thought I would stir the pot a bit on Twitter:

TAEdisonHokie @TAEdisonHokie
I don't need paid subs to HokieHaven, TSL, or 247 to get the latest news on Tech football recruiting! Follow @HokiesHoopla !!

Tech is hosting a Junior Day today!! Lots of Tech recruiting targets will be present! Follow and get the details @HokiesHoopla !!

Also, go online to get detailed and FREE Tech recruiting info at sportshoopla.com/forums/virgini… Lurk, or register to post!

Looking for FREE Tech recruiting info? Check out and follow @HokiesHoopla for excellent and timely tweets!

I wonder what Brian Mohr of HokieHaven.com is thinking about the recent defection of his best source to 247? Hmmm.

How's my driving? LOL!!

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as VT is fairly represented, this is a good thing.

It seemed wrong that there was a UVA page over there, and not a VT one. I even emailed them once to ask about it, and they said if there was a good writer available to represent VT, that they were looking for one. Seems fair enough to me.