• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is ready for hokiescoop.com?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ss:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
282d92b4d681a670764d084221441914727de4f3_m.gif

seriously though, what are you talking about now?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Hokie Scoop or Hokies Coop?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
216 making a VT site? Hmm smells of troll...

funny-gifs-baby-troll.gif

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Based on this past season, the player-rankings for the state of Virginia were out of whack.

So, who gets to determine the player-rankings? Who, and how, will those disputes be settled?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on this past season, the player-rankings for the state of Virginia were out of whack.

So, who gets to determine the player-rankings? Who, and how, will those disputes be settled?

Right now, Jamie Oakes is the lead for the state of Virginia. I would imagine that whomever is the one that will be running the VT site will work in collaboration with Jamie Oakes to come up with a more balanced rating of the talent coming out of the state.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right now, Jamie Oakes is the lead for the state of Virginia. I would imagine that whomever is the one that will be running the VT site will work in collaboration with Jamie Oakes to come up with a more balanced rating of the talent coming out of the state.

If anyone agrees to run a Tech recruiting site for 247, AND report to Jamie Oakes, their credibility will be automatically suspect to the nth degree. Work in "collaboration"? Yes, it may be possible. But report to or work for? No freaking way.

Meanwhile, I'm quite positive the VT board for SportsHoopla will continue to provide excellent recruiting information free of charge.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually know some involved with it, should be a good site in theory, though it can be rough to start these things up.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is there really so much demand for all of these subscription recruiting sites? It seems like they're everywhere now. I've never been impressed with any of the supposed privileged information I've heard from any of the customers for any recruiting site. I honestly don't care what anyone, besides Beams and crew, think about prospects. Don't get me wrong, recruiting isn't my thing. I'm not critisizing those that enjoy the content these sites provide, simply, I don't understand how there are so many sites that provide similar services.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there really so much demand for all of these subscription recruiting sites? It seems like they're everywhere now. I've never been impressed with any of the supposed privileged information I've heard from any of the customers for any recruiting site. I honestly don't care what anyone, besides Beams and crew, think about prospects. Don't get me wrong, recruiting isn't my thing. I'm not critisizing those that enjoy the content these sites provide, simply, I don't understand how there are so many sites that provide similar services.

Well, 247 is run by the guy that started Rivals. I guess when Yahoo bought him out he decided he wanted to keep going. 247 as picked up a lot of guys that were once with Rivals here lately. I'm not sure how the other 247 contributors work, but Jamie Oakes provides updates for all of UVa sports all the time, not just football. Also every Friday, we get a round-up of what all went down through out the week in all sports, such as new offers to go out, where our recruiters are coming and going, etc.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site is as fast with offers and commits as any ofthe pay sites, so I don't see any real reason to pay, unless you want to know the weekly (sometimes daily) momentum shifts of recruits. We offer that as well, but not with as much "chicken little" mood swinging. If an offer goes out or a kid commits, you will find out here as quickly as rivals, scout or 24/7.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that Rivals does offer that I miss is really good articles and interviews leading into the season and leading into recruiting. The videos are nice as well, but now kids have YouTube and sel promote (as they should) so you can get that for free as well.

If I were a recruit, I would pay lip service to the pay sites but focus mostly on twitter and YouTube to get my name and highlights out to as many people as possible and make it as easily accessible as possible.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HokieScoop247 @HokieScoop247
Less then 24 hours in and we already got 188 followers, thanks! If we can get to 300 by 8 tonight, we will be post some pre-Junior Day info!

What are they going to tell us, free or otherwise, that we don't already know?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to think about with this new 247 hokie site....

Why now? I have directly asked Bill King and Bobby Burton both on their weekly morning show (On Campus with Bill King) when they are getting a VT site for over 2 years and I was getting the same ole' run-around from both people whenever I called in. So honestly, I think it may have to do something with the VT SportsHoopla site. Let's face it we are growing to where it is not uncommon to see 40 viewers on our site on a daily basis at any given time. I think they knew if they didn't act within a reasonable amount of time, they would loose marketshare when push comes to shove with all things VT sports related.

It wasn't that long ago Ghost was threatened by Mohr of Rivals because of our presence....

Hoo_u33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Jamie Oakes does not due the rankings for Virginia for 247 their national guys due all the rankings. Jamie will put out his own top 20/30 sometimes but that is just for his site not 247. The people that rank recruits for 247 were the guys that used to do Rivals. More than just they guy that started rivals came to 247.