• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who is our competition for a WC spot ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way to guarantee a playoff spot is to win our division i think most of us know the eagles roster is top notch and our toughest competition to do that .

i am not sure what the cowboys and giants are capable of but if one of them rises then the eagles are competition for a WC

so lets look at the teams with realistic shots .

seahawks and rams out west (one will win the division) possibly the 49ers

the vikes and the packers in the nfc north

the south has the saints , panthers and falcons

now who of those teams are on our schedule ? saints falcons panthers , packers eagles (2) giants (2) cowboys (2)

10 games we can actually control our destiny with . the seahawks rams vikes and 49ers arent on pour schedule so getting a better conference record then them is a must for tie breakers

we play the bucs and cards , which are must wins if we want some edge in tie breakers

these are things we can control

our out of conference schedule is the texans , jags , colts and titans

the way i see it is if we dont win the division (and to do it we need to go at least 5-1 ) we will need a 4-2 record in the division , we must go 2-1 vs the falcons, panthers and saints , we must go 2-0 vs the cards and bucs . that puts us at 8-3 . a win vs the packers would put us at 9-3 but a loss is 8-4

if we go 8-4 then we need to go 2-2 vs the AFC south . . 10 -6 should get us a WC .

however some things have to change . you cant be swept by the eagles or boys or giants 4-2 is a must , 5-1 better .

that means you cant go 2-7 in NY , you cant be 2-8 vs the boys , you cant get swept by the eagles

it also means you have to start beating quality teams like the falcons , packers , saints , panthers (0-5 vs them )

it means you have to beat the bucs , and cards . you have to beat the colts , and you have to start beating teams like the titans /jags (playof teams ) and up and comers like the texans

i think this team has a handle on beating teams we are equal to or better then , but i dont think we consistently beat playoff football team . this is the next step in our evolution . last uear injuries were a set back but this year it has to happen

i believe KC could have gotten a playoff win with this team . i think CDC can too . now where we diverge is what is considered better

i think Kc never got a quality team like this . this team was a 500 team his whole time here in DC and mainly special teams and defense were urine . . the offense was never balanced either he played stupendously with no errors and won or anything less and it was a loss

now CDC has a quality defense , and a run game . if he isnt perfect then others can carry the load . if he is hot then we can beat some of these playoff teams

this is where people get thrown off here . KC never had this type of team . and with this team the expectation should be a playoff win .

if KC didnt get a playoff win then you could look at him and say its him . you cant do that when the team around him isnt quality .

now if smith is better then he should get 2 playoff wins . i dont think he is better . he might be equal and i can live with that and a playoff win would be good and he will get his props . but i wont say better until 2 playoff wins are on the table in the same year

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are not some power house team the Redskins were right there in both games against them last year and by the 2nd game the Redskins had a ton of injuries

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WC spot?

i think the redskins will need to win the nfce to make the playoffs. this is the most difficult division to win in the nfl. and, i expect it to be bloody close until the end.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WC spot?

i think the redskins will need to win the nfce to make the playoffs. this is the most difficult division to win in the nfl. and, i expect it to be bloody close until the end.
they very well may have to but i put the scenario out there. cant win a superbowl if you arent in the playoffs and i ddint think it made sense to tell how we need to win the division . most people know this

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they very well may have to but i put the scenario out there. cant win a superbowl if you arent in the playoffs and i ddint think it made sense to tell how we need to win the division . most people know this

i'm 100% certain the redskins organization isn't of the mind set of "who is our competition for a wc spot" this season. the goal is, winning the nfce...and, if they fall short but make it as a wc then so be it...most people know this as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm 100% certain the redskins organization isn't of the mind set of "who is our competition for a wc spot" this season. the goal is, winning the nfce...and, if they fall short but make it as a wc then so be it...most people know this as well.
No doubt they are focused on NFC E . But I am a fan and we haven’t been to the playoffs in a few years and haven’t won one in about 15 yrs . So me , the fan , takes. Things a step at a time

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WC spot?

I’m not so sure about this Next year. Both the NFC North and NFC West look strong next year. Most of the time the NFC East is among the hardest to win the nfl.

Wildcard contenders next year are going to be packers/Vikings from the nfc north (I think the bears will be a playoff contender too, but I’m a bears fan, so I’ll leave them out), could be almost anybody out of the NFC West, the saints, panthers, and falcons out of the south, and the cowboys and eagles in the nfc east. If I’m a betting man, I don’t think I’d place a wager on the redskins making the playoffs at this time, but I also know very little about the redskins defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not so sure about this Next year. Both the NFC North and NFC West look strong next year. Most of the time the NFC East is among the hardest to win the nfl.

Wildcard contenders next year are going to be packers/Vikings from the nfc north (I think the bears will be a playoff contender too, but I’m a bears fan, so I’ll leave them out), could be almost anybody out of the NFC West, the saints, panthers, and falcons out of the south, and the cowboys and eagles in the nfc east. If I’m a betting man, I don’t think I’d place a wager on the redskins making the playoffs at this time, but I also know very little about the redskins defense.
i pretty much said that in the OP . the things that need to happen for us to win the division are the same things that need to happen for the WC . . we have to take care of our business

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cards and colts and cowboys are must wins. early on.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cards and colts and cowboys are must wins. early on.
why the colts ? they arent in our conference ? other then record they arent involved in tie breakers

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the colts ? they arent in our conference ? other then record they arent involved in tie breakers
its a winnable game. you can't afford to start the season 1-4

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i hope we wont go 1-4
looking at the first 5 games the cards and colts are the easiest teams on sked. the cowboys are winnable as well. saints is an L

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
panthers are an L