• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is coming to the Maryland game?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a team to overlook, UMD has a real solid on both sides of the ball.

Through 3 games:#10 in total offense (554 ypg)
#29 in scoring offense (40.7)
#17 in total defense giving up less than 100 ypg
#18 in scoring defense (13.7ppg)

First three opponents: Florida Atlantic, Old Dominon, and UConn. Not the best teams but really not to far behind what we have faced so far. Their offense is going to be tough for us to stop in my opinion, they have a decent QB with some legs which always seems to cause us trouble. CJ is a good guy as well, know him from UMD days.

I would feel better about this game if our OB situation had been settled this offseason. I think there is a chance that the reenergized Maryland crowd and the offense having a leader like Brown may just kick our butts in this one. Brown(3rd in ACC in rushing, 1st in passing yards) along with Diggs(leading ACC in yards rec) and a familiar name Deon Long(10th in yards rec) and Brandon Ross (2nd in rushing yards) may give us headaches all day. This will be a real test for this defense.

On defense they will be going without their best defender at CB...but this defense gave us fits last yar with Geno and company only allowing 25 yards on the ground 363 yards total and the D rated 25 overall.

This will be a true test for both teams and it will really be time for WVU as a whole to man up...we should have a good showing as far as a crowd goes, my group alone there are 20 of us. Maryland has been handing out free tickets on campus supported by underarmour. Will call this one later in the week, but I will be honest the Terps have me worried this year. :noidea:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody going to make the short trip to support our team, whats up with that?

These boards seem dead, I think there is only about 8 people that post anything......damn you CBS!!!!

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to DC, but my legs can't handle the drive anymore, darn diabetes. It's gonna be an interesting game for sure, and I think we can WIN.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to a game at Maryland and I'll have to miss this one as well. I still have another month or so of midget football and cheerleading for my kids before Saturdays free up. Then wrestling and basketball will take its place.

Randy seems to have the Terps playing well, at least on the surface. Combined, their opponents are 1-7. Only problem is that FIU is terrible, and ODU seems to have WVU's defense from last year. UConn kept the Terps fairly close after being blown out by Towson State. It just seems like the Terps are over-inflated. I guess we'll see.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, just to add... UMD is favored by 6 1/2. I'm more than a little surprised by that spread.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to go, but have to work. I will be listenning on the radio, though. I expect WVU to play hard, but lose the game to a better coached team.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be able to attend the game. I spoke to slaton10 via text this week, and he asked me to come down for it. But, my daughter's high school is having homecoming this weekend... so there are many activities going on to include her JV Field Hockey game and of course the big dance Saturday night.

Slaton will be there though.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know what to think heading into this game. Kind of like the OU game for me.

Despite being a 6.5 dog... I like our chances in this game.

UofM has not played a team as good as WVU... so their gaudy numbers mean very little. Kind of like WVU's offensive and defensive numbers to date... they have been produced over nobody.... well OU was a good defensive and good running team.

WVU will face its best passing attack of the season. Our young kids will get their first real test of the year.

Last year... UofM blitzed... and blitzed a lot. Not sure how confident they will be doing so with a couple of green corners. I have a feeling we are going to see the coming out party for Sims this Saturday.

I believe Dana will have his boys ready... and, I think it will be a fun game to watch.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though they have not played anyone, I am concerned their offense is more polished than ours....while they played nobody, they beat them like nobody. They have playmakers and for the most part we have not developed one yet IMO.

BB only thing I will say is that Ga St did not have any lock down corners and well they seemed to blitz with success ....or at least it sounded like it on the radio..lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GSU blitz was successful a few times. It was definitely the reason for Ford's INT. A more seasoned Ford will make the play that was there though... Alford would have likely taken a pass for a TD.

But, WVU had over 600 yds of offense, and Ford threw for almost 360 yds.

UofM is likely ahead of WVU in terms of how polished its offense is to date. I just believe the WVU defense will offer a tougher test for them than what they've seen.

And, I believe WVU's offense will be much better than anything they've seen to date.

I think it will be a close game, and I think we have more playmakers... they are ready for their coming out party.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good test and measuring stick for BOTH teams, both are developing young talent. Diggs is a fantastic player and will be a tough assignment for our defense. We have far more weapons than anyone they have faced but we have yet to put together a complete game with them. If we limit turnovers and improve on the OLine then folks that do make the game are in for a treat imo.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WVU is more talented than MD, but... Randy Edsall has a knack for getting the most out of his players. My main concern is that he outcoaches Holgs. Assuming that our defense is as advertised I don't see us giving up more than 21. Unless Edsall kicks DH's ass...

BTW, I love the avatar GoldRusher. :yahoo:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen up: If you are heading to the Maryland game, beware of PUNK fans. I will never go back to another UM game unless I am packing brass knucks. Never seen anything like it over there 4-5 years ago. Bands of kids running around tackling anyone with a WV jersey on, knocking drinks and food out of your hand, it was total chaos. I would suspect that Baltimore/Raven Stadium will have better security than UM campus did but I would be very cognizant of those assholes. As for the game, folks UM is loaded. This most likely will be a long day for WV. Diggs may be one of the top 5 WR's in country and they line him up with Deon Long ( you remember him/ex WV signee) who also is very talented. Their QB is playing lights out--throws it well and runs it even better. The defense is talented as every MD defense has been in the last 30 years. So I am expecting a hornets nest over there for the Mountaineers. Rest assured, Maryland is gonna score their 30+ points. What can we score?

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bill Stewart was still the Coach I would be going because than I would know that we would Win, But can't spend all that money to watch WVU with no Coaching Staff. Take the Points West Virginia will win this 35 to 24 Not worried Because I trust Dana and he will be showing a lot more in this game than he did in the last 3. I would love to go but its on TV and I am a OLD man. LOL love all our excuses. I did have Knee surgery 2 weeks ago. 60 year old man blowing out mu knee playing soccer with my 5 year old daughter. I will never give in to old age. LOL:nod:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diehard....they can be the crapiest of fans for sure, but i will give you a funny story on one of the problems you mentioned. I was at the MD game in 2003 in college park with some Marine buddies of mine having a little R&R....we were all WVU fans and had a group of about 16 or so...well one of my guys walked off a little by himself to hit the head....and just this happened one of these a holes comes flying down to tackle him....little did he know the guy he was aiming for was a hand to hand combat instructor. Needless to say the tackler laid there on the ground in pain as my friend had dislocated his should, arm , and wrist in about 2 minutes. Lots of PG cops are ex military and no charges were filed...lol

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is too funny! I broke a Wild Turkey bottle and challenged any asshole stupid enough to fuck me to bring it on. Didnt get any takers. That was the game Slaton ran all over those assholes and Wv won 34-13 something like that. But it was the craziest thing I have ever saw over there. I guarantee you one thing, there would be a bad day at Blackrock if one of those assholes tried to tackle me. I would be keeping an eye out at all times and would be prepared to break a jaw and take some teeth out with a set of brass knucks I have for just such an occasion. Wont ever be put in that situation again.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be at the game......with wife and daughter in tow!!....( Wife is a TERP):suds:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be at the game......with wife and daughter in tow!!....( Wife is a TERP):suds:
Marrying a terp is a LOT better than marrying a panther:rollseyes:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marrying a terp is a LOT better than marrying a panther:rollseyes:

Funny you mention that DAD.....never told this story...but my parents were born and raised in PITTSBURGH...all my family from previous generations were from the Burg...My DAD as a younger man moved around with work until finally getting into his own business and settling in BRIDGEPORT..I think I was maybe 4 years old when we settled there...

Anyhow..all of the previous generations all went to the University of PITTSBURGH...ironically starting with my first cousins and since then in the generations below us......NONE of us went to PITT...LOL!:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that DAD.....never told this story...but my parents were born and raised in PITTSBURGH...all my family from previous generations were from the Burg...My DAD as a younger man moved around with work until finally getting into his own business and settling in BRIDGEPORT..I think I was maybe 4 years old when we settled there...

Anyhow..all of the previous generations all went to the University of PITTSBURGH...ironically starting with my first cousins and since then in the generations below us......NONE of us went to PITT...LOL!:lol:
LOVE it :clap: