• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Has Been Playing Far Cry 5?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the levels of resistance moved too quickly but the story and ending was great.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started a few days ago. Seems like a very big game. Lots of stuff to do. I like it so far.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started a few days ago. Seems like a very big game. Lots of stuff to do. I like it so far.
Which region are you on? I would suggest going John, Jacob, and then Faith. It feels like a more natural progression.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which region are you on? I would suggest going John, Jacob, and then Faith. It feels like a more natural progression.

I’m in Jacobs Region. I think I’m pretty close to doing most of the missions there. I had the hardest time getting the “Prepper Stash” out of the air plane hanger. Climbed the tower and tried parachuting in about a dozen times. Didn’t come close. Finally just went and got a helicopter and just landed on the roof. Other than that, it’s been pretty smooth/fun. How long did it take you to finish it all? Do you still have a lot of side missions left?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in Jacobs Region. I think I’m pretty close to doing most of the missions there. I had the hardest time getting the “Prepper Stash” out of the air plane hanger. Climbed the tower and tried parachuting in about a dozen times. Didn’t come close. Finally just went and got a helicopter and just landed on the roof. Other than that, it’s been pretty smooth/fun. How long did it take you to finish it all? Do you still have a lot of side missions left?
I've done pretty much everything except finding all of the wolf beacons, the second flavor country, and one I can't remember. They felt like busy work and I didn't feel bad about putting it down at that point. It didn't feel like it took very long to beat it. I would compare this game to Metal Gear Solid and I think that one is a much longer game.

Yeah, you or a buddy needed at helicopter for that stash.

Let me know how fishing for The Admiral and Ragnar The Terrible goes for you. Ragnar turned out to be a piece of cake and The Admiral fought for what felt like 15 minutes even though I used the same rod and lure for both of them.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will get this game soon. Probably once it's on sale since I have so many games to play/finish right now.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoying the heck out of this game, liberated John's section, now working my way in Faith's section. Gorgeous looking game, with lots to do. I was disappointed in Far Cry 3 and didn't play the last one, but heard good word of mouth so I gave it a shot, best game since Horizon.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it redundant? I usually start out loving Ubisoft games but they quickly get repetitive with each mission essentially being a variation of the same mission.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it redundant? I usually start out loving Ubisoft games but they quickly get repetitive with each mission essentially being a variation of the same mission.
Liberating outposts is pretty much the same in every region. In the main story in Jacob's region it gets repetitive but you'll see why when you get to the end. All in all there are roughly about 150 missions to complete where there is a lot of stuff to do. I personally enjoyed the Crash Nixon (he is a famous daredevil in this universe) ones the most. I would say a game like Assassin's Creed is a lot more repetitive.

My main gripe is that you are forced to finish the story portion of each region by the time you get through about half of the missions.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s okay. Repetitive at times, agree with everyone else, it forces you to basically fight the bosses quick because of low resistance points. The ghost recon was better about that if I remember correctly, you could just go get guns and stuff first then do the missions.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished it yesterday. Good game. Big game. Hurk is the man. Laughed out loud a few times. Definitely sets it up for a Far Cry 6.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started this game. And quickly decided that my controller was broken. Pretty sure my kid dropped the controller on one of the joysticks because the camera is constantly trying to look up. I am having to hold down slightly on the view joystick as I run. Makes it very difficult.

But I'm enjoying the game so far. Quickly figuring out that ammo is hard to come by. Or at least I burn through it quickly.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started this game. And quickly decided that my controller was broken. Pretty sure my kid dropped the controller on one of the joysticks because the camera is constantly trying to look up. I am having to hold down slightly on the view joystick as I run. Makes it very difficult.

But I'm enjoying the game so far. Quickly figuring out that ammo is hard to come by. Or at least I burn through it quickly.
You can't use just one weapon for a whole outpost most of the time. Get used to using different stuff in different situations. I ended up really liking the bow and explosives the further I got into the game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't use just one weapon for a whole outpost most of the time. Get used to using different stuff in different situations. I ended up really liking the bow and explosives the further I got into the game.
Dude I was very excited to use the Bow but somehow I f*cked up hiring someone that I saved/freed and he took my bow from me!!!! Bastard!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I was very excited to use the Bow but somehow I f*cked up hiring someone that I saved/freed and he took my bow from me!!!! Bastard!
If you buy one you can always get it back at the store at no charge.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy one you can always get it back at the store at no charge.
Haven’t gotten very far yet. Just liberated the town the church & bar. Don’t even remember what it was called, but had to shoot a plane down to liberate it.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t gotten very far yet. Just liberated the town the church & bar. Don’t even remember what it was called, but had to shoot a plane down to liberate it.
Try to get 2 companions perk as soon as you can, the sniper girl is arguably the best companion, she is a deadly shot. I'm just happy they have companions worth something, too many games with worthless companions.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to get 2 companions perk as soon as you can, the sniper girl is arguably the best companion, she is a deadly shot. I'm just happy they have companions worth something, too many games with worthless companions.
Hurk is my favorite. Add Sharky in the mix and they have a couple good back and forth conversations. I honestly only used the sniper and bow chicks for one mission and moved on. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurk might be the funniest character in any game I’ve played. But I don’t like companions. Never used one once on my own free will. They just seem to get in my way. I never use them in any game if I don’t have too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a big fan of companions. So far I have only been using Boomer because he paints targets in my area that I may not see. That has been very helpful. But other than sicking him on a few straggler cultists along the perimeters I tend to leave him outside the battle zone while I lay siege. I like the cloak & dagger approach which is better solo.

During one of my random adventures I decided to embark up the mountain to the peak with the Joseph statue. Found a 50 cal sniper up there that is badass. Better than any of the sniper rifles that I have used so far. I’ve been making short work of airplanes with it. 1 shot kill on the pilot & they drop out the sky. Only downside is the game doesn’t let you carry very much ammo. I even got the additional 50cal ammo perk but that only added 10 bullets. That was lame.