• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who DOESN'T Think We Are 1 & Done?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense will have to carry us, and Doug needs to not only establish the run early but stick with it. We can beat anyone coming out of the NFC even now - the road goes through Philly. We need just a little of that 2013 mojo from Foles, that would help for sure. Hopefully his crappy play in the last two games was him just getting warmed up and shaking the cobwebs loose.
Honestly it was cold as shit here the last two weeks. Foles is a Texas boy. Warming up to 35 degrees around here could help a ton.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses for Foles. He must step up his game.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles will reportedly practice in pads this week. Players requested it, Doug said. I think they knew they were getting a little soft.

I thought I heard an announcer say, during the playoffs, Teams are only allowed 1 padded practice per week????

Last edited:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a smart guy, but is suffering from a lack in self confidence. I suggest that he needs to be hypnotized before the next game!

SOMETHING!!! I Have no faith in him. I do think we can win if the defense steps up and we commit to running it "OUTSIDE" more. I'm tired of the running it up the gut for 2 yards. Kelce doesn't create holes in the middle, but he DOES pull and create lanes well in motion. Most of our big runs are toward the outside - NOT between the guards.

I believe in the 2nd half of the previous game, we only had 11 offensive yards total before the last drive. Foles has been horrific. No amount of kool-aid is going to wash that away.

The biggest thing I am optimistic about - is that we don't have Andy Reid and Pederson is busy studying film on 2013 Foles and game planning to help him out more. He is adjusting to Foles instead of expecting foles to be what he cannot be. They are talking about putting him in shotgun more, running hurry up offense more, more dink/dunk passes and trying to play towards what he has had success at. I hope this works.

Last week, our 3rd stringer came in and moved the offense when Foles couldn't get a first down. 4 for 11, bad decisions, throwing into double coverage and cannot handle pressure at all. Defense... running.. and Pederson game planning can win this. And if he is truly sucking - I hope.. I hope... they put our 3rd string QB in by the 2nd half. They have no film on him, he isn't under as much pressure and simply looked far better. I'm just glad we have Pederson at the helm and not Reid. There truly is still hope!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident that the next game will show that the design will be to run the ball early and often; have Foles run a hurry up offense, with quick, short passes, and then to use play action to go deep to Agholor, and Hollins. Add to that a tough, dominating defense, and better special teams plays, we can definitely win the first game, and give us shot in the 2nd. If we play up to our potential, and Doug designs plays that feature Foles' attributes, we certainly have a shot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard an announcer say, during the playoffs, Teams are only allowed 1 padded practice per week????

I am not aware of that, but I think there are rules during the offseason.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My confidence went out the window with the Wentz injury. I'll root as hard as any fan out there and will always hold out hope that Foles will be "good enough", but Foles isn't winning any shootout at this point in his career imo. Our O needs to control the clock and our D can't let anyone get 13/14 pts or more ahead at any point. Hoping for Atlanta in Rd 1; with Wentz I wouldn't have cared :(

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D is no shut down unit. It's good and looks better than it is because Wentz puts a lot of scoreboard pressure on the other teams O, and makes them abandon the run by score.

I think if games are close and opponents can remain committed to the run that our run D will eventually cave. That combined with the fact that we aren't that great against the pass means an above average O will score on us. Foles isn't stringing together TD drives to keep us in games.

It's not quitting on this team by observing the obvious. And it's not only us. Most, if not all, the teams in the playoffs would lose with their backup QB in their first game. And we lost the MVP.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D is no shut down unit. It's good and looks better than it is because Wentz puts a lot of scoreboard pressure on the other teams O, and makes them abandon the run by score.

I think if games are close and opponents can remain committed to the run that our run D will eventually cave. That combined with the fact that we aren't that great against the pass means an above average O will score on us. Foles isn't stringing together TD drives to keep us in games.

It's not quitting on this team by observing the obvious. And it's not only us. Most, if not all, the teams in the playoffs would lose with their backup QB in their first game. And we lost the MVP.

Unfortunately, I agree with what you said - the defense is good, not great, but it will be the only reason we win anything this post-season, and they're going to have to be "great".

Having said that, I do like our chances to potentially do something significant, I think the D will bounce back in a big way and have us win at least one game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans have become so soft. I can't tell if it was the world series win, the world series losses that followed or all the losing by all 4 teams since but something is fucking with you all.:noidea:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans have become so soft. I can't tell if it was the world series win, the world series losses that followed or all the losing by all 4 teams since but something is fucking with you all.:noidea:

says the person who wanted to run Ertz out and called him soft, and who was the first person to start putting Wentz down early in the season.

It has nothing to do with being soft, to recognize we are not the same team without Wentz. Wentz made the OL appear better than they were. Putting points up early allowed the defense to play more aggressive and face more favorable one-dimensional game play. If you don't see this, your just blind and not paying attention, even when it is pointed out. No one is soft. People are just realistic, but also still being optimistic and hope'n for the best. Why don't you stop looking for opportunities to just put people down and stop being the classic 700 level fan of the old stadium and grow up a bit more.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that the combination of Doug resting Ajayi and getting a better sense of what fueled that 27-2 season by watching lots of tape of it helps out. Remember, Foles was dinged up and didn't play during the preseason, so they didn't even get to see what he looked like against vanilla defenses in this offense. So they need to tailor the offense to what he can do well, like more up-tempo and more quick hitters.