• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your 3 favorites for the Cup in 2019?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who ya got?

Will a team like the Jackets or Leafs take a big step? Will the Caps or Knights be back in the finals? Will Nashville or Winnipeg hoist? Someone else?

Name your 3 favorites to win the Cup in 2019 and tell us why. Let’s see who percolates to the top most often.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa - not exactly a hard choice, especially if they manage to add Karlsson
Washington - hard to bet against the defending champs, especially now that they have that monkey off their backs
Winnipeg/Nashville - I know, that's technically cheating since I'm up to four now. I think they're the two best teams in the league, but since they'll have to go through each other in a brutal second round series again, that lowers both of them on my list.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens
Vegas
Caps

One Team now has Jack Johnson
One Team still has MAF
One Team has Alcohol Poisoning

My Three:
Tampa - They are, in a word, good.
Nashville - I expect Poile to work magic and make them stronger
Winnipeg - Laine said he wasn't happy with his fitness level and has been working to improve his strength and conditioning. That should scare the bejeesus out of any defender.

Jackets are bi-polar so who the hell knows what will come of them.

And I am kind of hoping for some Trade John Tavares talk out of Toronto when he doesn't have 40 points by Thanksgiving.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Team has Alcohol Poisoning

on a related note, I think the cesspool had a poll question recently titled "how much weight has OV gained?" :think:

Im not on instagram but has he posted any revealing shots of his gut lately?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets
Preds
Caps

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only need two teams:

Sharks and the Sharks.

It's the only way they can both choke and also lift the cup.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB
Boston
NJ

No western team is ever going to win the Cup again unless McDavid no shit scores 200 goals in a year and drags the Oilers to the most fucking undeserved glory sports has ever bestowed on a team.

I honestly think the Caps miss the playoffs. Ovechkin hasn't slept since before the summer solstice and the Caps did that dumb thing where they re-sign everybody who won them the Cup for a premium (because they won them the Cup). Jay Beagle will win the Hart and the Selke because teams like this always let the one guy they shouldn't let go go while keeping Tom Wilson. Fucking Tom Wilson.

The Pens are headed for Carolina Hurricanes 2006-2018 territory. They'll be playing in fucking Kansas City by the time I'm 50 and Mario will have sold the team for a controlling stake in DuMaurier.

The only team in Canada with a shot in hell is the fucking Leafs and after watching their goalie fall apart in the spring because they allowed him to face more shots than the fucking Germans in the Ardennes they decided to double down by doing absolutely nothing to improve the blue line in front of him. John Tavares will never play another second round game.

The Avs will become the first team to play in the Cup Final and pick first overall in the draft.

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps - because they just did it, and their team is still just as solid (setting aside the Beagle error)

Tampa - Loaded, and this might be their best chance given their cap situation going forward

Jets - Got 12/1 on them at Bellagio this weekend. Not sold on any other team in the West. Solid team, got a taste of playoff success this past season. Will have (relatively) easier time of getting to Finals then anyone in the East.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread, but my 3 biggest expected disappointments are:

Pens - Matt Murray is excused from the team after New Years for "personal reasons". Kris LeTang does not answer any media questions.

Preds - Subban will be traded to TOR in the offseason after admitting to have shoved Carrie Underwood down the stairs in her home

Vegas - I love the story as much as anyone, but lightning doesn't strike twice.

All three were 6/1 or worse at Bellagio and all i could think of was, are you freaking kidding me? Not even guaranteed to make the playoffs!

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB
Boston
NJ

No western team is ever going to win the Cup again unless McDavid no shit scores 200 goals in a year and drags the Oilers to the most fucking undeserved glory sports has ever bestowed on a team.

I honestly think the Caps miss the playoffs. Ovechkin hasn't slept since before the summer solstice and the Caps did that dumb thing where they re-sign everybody who won them the Cup for a premium (because they won them the Cup). Jay Beagle will win the Hart and the Selke because teams like this always let the one guy they shouldn't let go go while keeping Tom Wilson. Fucking Tom Wilson.

The Pens are headed for Carolina Hurricanes 2006-2018 territory. They'll be playing in fucking Kansas City by the time I'm 50 and Mario will have sold the team for a controlling stake in DuMaurier.

The only team in Canada with a shot in hell is the fucking Leafs and after watching their goalie fall apart in the spring because they allowed him to face more shots than the fucking Germans in the Ardennes they decided to double down by doing absolutely nothing to improve the blue line in front of him. John Tavares will never play another second round game.

The Avs will become the first team to play in the Cup Final and pick first overall in the draft.

:clap:

Well reasoned and elucidated !

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preds
Jets
Sharks/Canucks - a tossup between those two teams

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps vs the Preds or Jets.
This will change depending on the blood alcohol level of the non-russians on the Caps. Because as we all know that amount of drinking is a typical Tuesday morning in Russia.
If their levels are still close to death then the Bolts vs the Preds or Jets.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boeser for Conn Smythe. If that doesn't happen then

Pens
Blackhawks
Leafs