• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the brewers up in this zoo?

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be careful with the quick carbing. Easy to put some carbonic bite into your beer. Unless of course you are setting the specific carb pressure and using a carbonation stone. For quick turn around in a keg, I recommend this...

QuickCarb™ | Blichmann Engineering

You certainly can.

I have been doing it long enough that I can pretty much tell how long I need to "rock the keg" @ 30psi to get what I want. Usually about 4.5 minutes gets me a nice level. If I want more I will hit it again.

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made a hybrid Oatmeal/Milk Stout. It is outstanding...

Nice! I am guessing you have been brewing for a bit and and know how to build a recipe. Than is different that just saying, "I am going to add a pound of maple syrup to this wheat!" You know what I mean...

<<< BJCP judge here. I have tasted some really bad stuff.

Last edited:

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for talking beer with me! I needed a fix!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly can.

I have been doing it long enough that I can pretty much tell how long I need to "rock the keg" @ 30psi to get what I want. Usually about 4.5 minutes gets me a nice level. If I want more I will hit it again.

That's cool that you can get it to work for you. I can't do it though. I strive for repeat-ability and consistency and that is just too variable for me. I am way too OCD in my brewing. My buddy says I am being too "German" about it. Oh well...

And besides, some of the fun is getting new toys.

Last edited:

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool that you can get it to work for you. I can't do it though. I strive for repeat-ability and consistency and that is just too variable for me. I am way too OCD in my brewing. My buddy says I am being too "German" about it. Oh well...

And besides, some of the fun is getting new toys.

HA! I have a buddy that takes zero readings. Nothing. Just started writing his recipes down. I call him the "Zen Brewer". Makes decent beer but nothing really to style and that is okay by me. Getting all geeky and tracking your hourly fermentation temp is cool by me too. Whatever makes good beer and makes the process enjoyable. I am to the right of center. I track a bunch of stuff but my brewdays are completely chill. I don't get stressed about it. Just enjoy the sun and the smell. Hell, I have cut the grass while mashing.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! I have a buddy that takes zero readings. Nothing. Just started writing his recipes down. I call him the "Zen Brewer". Makes decent beer but nothing really to style and that is okay by me. Getting all geeky and tracking your hourly fermentation temp is cool by me too. Whatever makes good beer and makes the process enjoyable. I am to the right of center. I track a bunch of stuff but my brewdays are completely chill. I don't get stressed about it. Just enjoy the sun and the smell. Hell, I have cut the grass while mashing.
Oh, yeah. It is all about the beer. Absolutely. I think you and I are in about the same place. No stress, plenty of sampling and yes, I too have mowed the front yard while mashing. LOL!