• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Are Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet, James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know the answer to this question?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is James Harden is a guy who plays for a team that is better than the Warriors.

:dhd:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonny Flynn will always hold a special place in my heart.

I mean I really to this day have no idea why the Wolves opted for Flynn. He wasn't even a good pairing with Rubio. Steph would have been ideal because people weren't even sure if he was a PG. They knew he could put the ball in the hole and weren't sure who he could guard. Rubio was getting Jason Kidd comparisons, including him being able defend. It didn't make any sense at all.

I was resigned to the Warriors drafting Jordan Hill.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonny Flynn will always hold a special place in my heart.

I mean I really to this day have no idea why the Wolves opted for Flynn. He wasn't even a good pairing with Rubio. Steph would have been ideal because people weren't even sure if he was a PG. They knew he could put the ball in the hole and weren't sure who he could guard. Rubio was getting Jason Kidd comparisons, including him being able defend. It didn't make any sense at all.

I was resigned to the Warriors drafting Jordan Hill.
Yeah that Twolves draft will always be looked at as one of the dumbest draft days ever. Even drafting Bowie over Jordan made sense because the Blazers had Drexler already.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all taken ahead of Curry?
I don't know what's worse, Monty thinking this question was clever or you thinking you had some genius answer (and not even being sure of it)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....all scored higher than you on the Wonderlic

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good p**n star names, especially James HARDEN

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good p**n star names, especially James HARDEN
do you feel dirty being a white sox fan?

I couldnt even sit in US Cellular with one of my buddies who is a White Sox fan without feeling dirty.

Why not just be a Cubs fan like any semi-respectable Chicagoan?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you feel dirty being a white sox fan?

I couldnt even sit in US Cellular with one of my buddies who is a White Sox fan without feeling dirty.

Why not just be a Cubs fan like any semi-respectable Chicagoan?
I'm far more a Giants fan now, but my dad grew up a Sox fan so they were my first team. And the idea was he wanted to be different from his Cub fan peers.

And iuch preferred Comiskey to the Cell. Even though it was an old dump like Wrigley at least it had character

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far more a Giants fan now, but my dad grew up a Sox fan so they were my first team. And the idea was he wanted to be different from his Cub fan peers.
was he a south sider or a north sider?

my buddy is a north sider but always loved the sox because his dad loved them.

AND he absolutely hates cubs fans

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that Twolves draft will always be looked at as one of the dumbest draft days ever. Even drafting Bowie over Jordan made sense because the Blazers had Drexler already.
Yeah, I heard Mike Greenberg pontificating about how stupid the Blazers were to take Bowie over Jordan and trying to impress the NBA guy he was talking to and the dude said "Well, Portland already had Clyde Drexler and I heard he was pretty good". Greenberg's face just dropped because he so does love to suck up to his NBA guests.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was he a south sider or a north sider?

my buddy is a north sider but always loved the sox because his dad loved them.

AND he absolutely hates cubs fans
Same here, we were north siders.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered seeing this video before the draft and I was wondering why he wasn't going top 2:

"he's a good a passer as anyone who has ever played college basketball" - Bob Knight

IIRC, Evans beat him 1 on 1 a few times or something like that so scouts were worried but literally everyone who watched college bball knew Curry was special.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's worse, Monty thinking this question was clever or you thinking you had some genius answer (and not even being sure of it)
The rainbows you receive are well earned and thus pack weight. Your simple rainbows given only for revenge have no meaning except to make you look like a fool.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rainbows you receive are well earned and thus pack weight. Your simple rainbows given only for revenge have no meaning except to make you look like a fool.
Your obsession with rainbows has no meaning except to make you look like My Little Pony.

When you stop, I stop. Since it obviously bothers you I suggest you do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered seeing this video before the draft and I was wondering why he wasn't going top 2:

"he's a good a passer as anyone who has ever played college basketball" - Bob Knight

IIRC, Evans beat him 1 on 1 a few times or something like that so scouts were worried but literally everyone who watched college bball knew Curry was special.

Listen,

I followed Curry as closely as anybody dating back to his senior year of high school when nobody (not even most college coaches) knew him as anything other than Dell's oldest son.

I knew Curry would be a good NBA player because of his skill set, but nobody in their wildest dreams imagined this. The reason he was under appreciated both by college coaches during the recruiting process and NBA teams pre draft is quite simple.

Steph Curry has worked harder than anybody and his improvement has been off the charts. His insane skills trump the athletic concerns that teams legitimately had regarding Curry. But, it was impossible to predict Curry would develop into an iconic, league changing player, because he wasn't close to that at Davidson. And when he was in high school, he didn't even look like a surefire D1 prospect.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen,

I followed Curry as closely as anybody dating back to his senior year of high school when nobody (not even most college coaches) knew him as anything other than Dell's oldest son.

I knew Curry would be a good NBA player because of his skill set, but nobody in their wildest dreams imagined this. The reason he was under appreciated both by college coaches during the recruiting process and NBA teams pre draft is quite simple.

Steph Curry has worked harder than anybody and his improvement has been off the charts. His insane skills trump the athletic concerns that teams legitimately had regarding Curry. But, it was impossible to predict Curry would develop into an iconic, league changing player, because he wasn't close to that at Davidson. And when he was in high school, he didn't even look like a surefire D1 prospect.
I'm not saying he was a lock to be in the HOF and while he was a great shooter its hard to imagine him putting up the numbers he is in the NBA but I do remember thinking that he should go #2 overall.

Obviously knowing what we know now he goes #1 easily and if you remember that draft then you'd know that no one was thinking that because Blake as a prospect was off the charts as the clear #1.

Curry should get massive props for improving as an NBA player. No doubt. Teams should also be criticized for passing on him, imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA players and former NBA players.

Several of whom shouldn't be listed in the same sentence as others.