• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whitehair - G or C?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're fortunate that Cody Whitehair transitions to either spot with relative ease and plays both spots well. In this day and age you need versatility across the OL. I mentioned in my mock that I'd prefer to see him play center and if the minicamps are any indication of his future spot on the line, then it will be snapping the ball. I like Grasu's grit, but he seems to be more of a classic sub than starter. There are some good linemen in this year's draft. Obviously, Nelson is the preferred pick for many, but if we go D in the 1st round, there is some talent in Rd 2 and later.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in a perfect world, Grasu would get his shit together and we could slide Whitehair back to Guard spot.

I may get shit for this, but it seemed Whitehair regressed a little at Center last year?? Maybe that was due to Trubisky or whatever, but it seems there were a lot of shitty snaps and a lot of holding by Whitehair. He actually seemed better in his rookie campaign. I have nothing to back that other than the eyeball test.

With Sitton gone, maybe we take a Center in the upper end of the Draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in a perfect world, Grasu would get his shit together and we could slide Whitehair back to Guard spot.

I may get shit for this, but it seemed Whitehair regressed a little at Center last year?? Maybe that was due to Trubisky or whatever, but it seems there were a lot of shitty snaps and a lot of holding by Whitehair. He actually seemed better in his rookie campaign. I have nothing to back that other than the eyeball test.

I think there's some truth in what you said. There did seem to be a bit of regression with Cody at center. But I think if he knows he's the man snapping the ball from day one, not just because he's filling in due to injury, then he has a shot at being pretty good there. I just like his athleticism, and if it turns out he's best suited at guard, then so be it. And I'm just not sold on Grasu, at least as a starter, altho the guy is all heart.

There are some quality centers in this year's draft - Daniels, Ragnow, Price all come to mind. So we shouldn't overlook that possibility as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Center is a tough transition. He still checked in with an above average season and ranked #10 on PFF among centers. That's not as good as being one of the top guards in football in 2016. However, he's a more natural fit at guard. If we draft Nelson and he has to stick at center this season - I trust that he can get the position down and thrive.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s a much better guard. If we draft a center in the second who can turn into a good nfl starter, then we improve at both center AND guard from last year. I think that’s something to consider. Those botched snaps could happen at big points and are less likely with a center that’s played the position the majority of his football career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CW can play every position on the line. He was a top rated LT in college.
I think if Nelson is gone we go D and then get a top C prospect round 2. That might be why CW moves to G. Either way put CW in one spot and leave him.