• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whiplash (2014)

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fletcher, "Two most harmful words in the English language, is good job."

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.K. Simmons, a.k.a Cave Johnson

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just recently watched this too. My 11 year old daughter heard it was all about Jazz Band which she is super excited to be able to try out for in her school this year. She really wanted to watch it. All it contains for its R rating is bad language, and only in really condensed doses in a couple scenes. I tried just muting those scenes, but the movie just didn't make any sense. So finally I just let her watch the movie, and told her if I ever heard her repeat a single word that he said I would come pick her up from school every day wearing a pink speedo. And just a pink speedo.

Hopefully she doesn't call me on my bluff.

Good movie though. Definitely not for 11 year olds, but still a good movie.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've repeatedly said that this is the best movie I have ever seen in a theater. I stand by that. It hits on an incredibly important human issue (how far are we willing to push ourselves to achieve perfection) and hits it in a unique and compelling way with two of the best acting performances you will ever see. I could probably write 10-15 pages about its brilliance, including the perfect final scene, but hopefully you'll understand it once you see the movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just recently watched this too. My 11 year old daughter heard it was all about Jazz Band which she is super excited to be able to try out for in her school this year. She really wanted to watch it. All it contains for its R rating is bad language, and only in really condensed doses in a couple scenes. I tried just muting those scenes, but the movie just didn't make any sense. So finally I just let her watch the movie, and told her if I ever heard her repeat a single word that he said I would come pick her up from school every day wearing a pink speedo. And just a pink speedo.

Hopefully she doesn't call me on my bluff.

Good movie though. Definitely not for 11 year olds, but still a good movie.
Wouldn't she be calling your BUFF?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've repeatedly said that this is the best movie I have ever seen in a theater. I stand by that. It hits on an incredibly important human issue (how far are we willing to push ourselves to achieve perfection) and hits it in a unique and compelling way with two of the best acting performances you will ever see. I could probably write 10-15 pages about its brilliance, including the perfect final scene, but hopefully you'll understand it once you see the movie.

I don't think it's tops for me but it is fantastic and Teller really got the shaft not getting a nomination himself.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's tops for me but it is fantastic and Teller really got the shaft not getting a nomination himself.

I agree about Teller, considering he was the drummer, at least most of the times. I think he was the drummer the whole time. I could be wrong.

Unlike Ry Cooter (NOT RALPH MACChIO) in the movie Crossroads, in the guitar duel at the end.

Stevie Vai RR versus Ry Cooter Blues style.

Anyway, I am glad JK Simmons was recognized for the talent he is as an actor. He has real acting chops. From comedy to drama.

He runs the gamut as an actor. Good for him.