• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which will be the worst P5 conference in 2017?

Worst P5 conference in 2017 will be...

• Total voters

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the season, Washington was the second best team.

Maybe, maybe not. USC needed an ultimate meltdown of a play by the PSU OC and QB in order to barely beat PSU. I think USC was good at the end of the season, but not #3 in the country good. They benefitted from playing one of the worst schedules the last 9 games of the season, as 6 of their opponents had losing records.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. USC needed an ultimate meltdown of a play by the PSU OC and QB in order to barely beat PSU. I think USC was good at the end of the season, but not #3 in the country good. They benefitted from playing one of the worst schedules the last 9 games of the season, as 6 of their opponents had losing records.

What really helped was that nine game winning streak, the play of Sam Darnold, the decisive victory over the Pac 12 champion on the road, and the victory over the champion of the strongest conference in college football. All of that added up to a #3 finish.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No potato salad?

And wth.. The Big 12 is behind conference USA - so are they even a legit Power conference anymore?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No potato salad?

And wth.. The Big 12 is behind conference USA - so are they even a legit Power conference anymore?
Potato Salad can't be the worst, thus should not be included.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really it's probably another pillow fight between the PAC 12 and Big 12

Have at it yall

pillow-fight-gif1.gif

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really it's probably another pillow fight between the PAC 12 and Big 12

Have at it yall

pillow-fight-gif1.gif

Don't forget about the SEC unless everyone not named Alabama turns it around. Not a good showing last year.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the SEC unless everyone not named Alabama turns it around. Not a good showing last year.
Good point. The SEC East did not have a very good showing last year. If Bama were to move to another conference, the SEC would be below average to average.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, now you are making excuses for Penn States' meltdown during the Rose Bowl. Is it really that hard for you to give some credit to USC and their defense, during the 4th quarter of that game? By the way that Penn State team won the Big Ten and beat Ohio State along the way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the B1G keeps having Wisconsin in the hunt I can't take them seriously.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the B1G keeps having Wisconsin in the hunt I can't take them seriously.
So we can dismiss the PAC because you had Colorado in the hunt?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is probably true. The east was pretty bad last year and I don't have much confidence in anyone in the east. Georgia and Tenn have the talent, but that could be said the last few years. West might be down. Its up to LSU and Auburn to prove the West is one of the best divisions in football. I am not a huge Coach O fan and Auburn has consistently proven that you can never predict what they will do

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true. The east was pretty bad last year and I don't have much confidence in anyone in the east. Georgia and Tenn have the talent, but that could be said the last few years. West might be down. Its up to LSU and Auburn to prove the West is one of the best divisions in football. I am not a huge Coach O fan and Auburn has consistently proven that you can never predict what they will do
Tenn's year was last year and they totally blew it. Jones will be lucky to last the season and Sumlin will be right behind him (AD said today he had to win immediately).

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right away, I figured it would be between the Pac-12 & the Big 12, then I started to break it down further:

The Pac figures to have two teams (Washington & USC) competing for a playoff berth at the beginning of the season, but by the end of the season one of those teams will be playing spoiler. They also have Stanford, which will put up their usual solid season, but still manage to drop a couple games and not really be a playoff contender. Washington St. may make some noise, but they will have at least one blowout loss & probably a close loss to a team they should have beaten. I don't really see anyone else in the Pac-12 making any big moves, although Utah or Colorado could put together another 8-win season.

The Big 12 only has Oklahoma as a top-tier contender, but Oklahoma St. could get into the chase, and Texas could knock off a team or two. TCU and Kansas St. can be like Jekyll & Hyde from one season to the next, so you can never tell about them. The rest of the league should be mediocre to outright bad.

I put the B-12 at the bottom since they only have one contender to the Pac's two.

The SEC-East still has no title aspirants, but the West still has Alabama, and I think we'll hear some noise out of both LSU & Auburn this year; and anywhere from 3 to 5 teams in the East could end up with 8-win seasons.

Ohio St. should be the class of the Big 10, but I wouldn't totally count out Penn St. or Wisconsin. And despite their graduation losses, Michigan may not fall all that far. Iowa, Nebraska & Minnesota could play the part of spoilers in the West. The rest of the league should be a blend of mediocre, bad & awful.

The ACC should have a legitimate contender in FSU & a legitimate pretender in Louisville. Clemson is still a force to be reckoned with, but we don't know much their loss of talent & experience will affect them yet. Miami & Virginia Tech could make some noise, but the North Carolina schools & Georgia Tech will disappoint in the long run - as they usually do. And nobody expects anything out of B.C. or Virginia. Pitt could play the spoiler, again.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are Kidding Right.

USC went 10-3 playing 6 Losing Teams
Texas Went 5-7 playing 7 Losing Teams

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are Kidding Right.

USC went 10-3 playing 6 Losing Teams
Texas Went 5-7 playing 7 Losing Teams
Was someone trying to claim that Texas was good or had a tougher schedule?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right away, I figured it would be between the Pac-12 & the Big 12, then I started to break it down further:

The Pac figures to have two teams (Washington & USC) competing for a playoff berth at the beginning of the season, but by the end of the season one of those teams will be playing spoiler. They also have Stanford, which will put up their usual solid season, but still manage to drop a couple games and not really be a playoff contender. Washington St. may make some noise, but they will have at least one blowout loss & probably a close loss to a team they should have beaten. I don't really see anyone else in the Pac-12 making any big moves, although Utah or Colorado could put together another 8-win season.

The Big 12 only has Oklahoma as a top-tier contender, but Oklahoma St. could get into the chase, and Texas could knock off a team or two. TCU and Kansas St. can be like Jekyll & Hyde from one season to the next, so you can never tell about them. The rest of the league should be mediocre to outright bad.

I put the B-12 at the bottom since they only have one contender to the Pac's two.

The SEC-East still has no title aspirants, but the West still has Alabama, and I think we'll hear some noise out of both LSU & Auburn this year; and anywhere from 3 to 5 teams in the East could end up with 8-win seasons.

Ohio St. should be the class of the Big 10, but I wouldn't totally count out Penn St. or Wisconsin. And despite their graduation losses, Michigan may not fall all that far. Iowa, Nebraska & Minnesota could play the part of spoilers in the West. The rest of the league should be a blend of mediocre, bad & awful.

The ACC should have a legitimate contender in FSU & a legitimate pretender in Louisville. Clemson is still a force to be reckoned with, but we don't know much their loss of talent & experience will affect them yet. Miami & Virginia Tech could make some noise, but the North Carolina schools & Georgia Tech will disappoint in the long run - as they usually do. And nobody expects anything out of B.C. or Virginia. Pitt could play the spoiler, again.

Let's be honest. Who besides Bama is contending in the SEC?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. Who besides Bama is contending in the SEC?
All of 'em. Just being in the SEC elevates a team automatically. Membership has it privilege ya know.