• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Team Falls On Their Face In 2017

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to whine at least get facts straight. It's player not players. People outside the program were trying to get player TO LEAVE early. That's right . Not go to the school. Not stay at the school. Trying to get a really good player to leave early.
Oh and they were letting his parents live in the house rent free. That means they didn't own the house. The house wasn't given to them. They didn't own the house. Rent free.
The NCAA concluded no one at USC knew. Turning "a blind eye" means you know but didnt correct it.
Before calling people stupid how about you try and get things right.

The problem is that the facts don't fit with his whining. So, like the little snowflake he is, he ignores facts so that he can continue to whine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's schedule is pretty hard, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.
That's my point. Florida to start the year is a tossup, @ Penn St and @ Wisconsin are going to be difficult, and obviously OSU is going to be as tough a win as you can come by.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys only won 10 games last year with a team loaded with talent (14 guys in the combine). You're best returning player arguably is Speight. I'd say if you get 8 wins you should be happy.

I will say this -- if UM loses 3 games by a total of 5 points next year, they won't win 10 games.

As with every team -- it all comes down to QB play. If Speight remains the starter, he will need to make a big step forward in his progress. When he was good, he was very good. But when he was bad, he was very bad and it led to the three losses last year.

We will see who is the starting QB going forward. That being said -- Maurice Hurst is definitely the top returning starter.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. Florida to start the year is a tossup, @ Penn St and @ Wisconsin are going to be difficult, and obviously OSU is going to be as tough a win as you can come by.
In my mind, I justify my expectations with the fact that I think the Michigan team this year significantly underperformed in terms of wins. All of their losses were by the slimmest of margins. The team might not be as good this coming season, but I think the wins should end up about the same with the losses possibly being by larger margins.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the facts don't fit with his whining. So, like the little snowflake he is, he ignores facts so that he can continue to whine.

The problem is people like him make up shit to fit their agenda. Big bad USC was buying players houses and cars. When it was people outside the program trying to lure a player to leave early. Yes USC should have had a bigger compliance dept but what compliance dept would know if parents of a player arent getting charged for something 200 miles away from campus? lol. Yes USC should have gotten in trouble because Bush did take gifts but USC didn't cheat as this guy says. Who would want a star player to leave early? You cheat to lose a player?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind, I justify my expectations with the fact that I think the Michigan team this year significantly underperformed in terms of wins. All of their losses were by the slimmest of margins. The team might not be as good this coming season, but I think the wins should end up about the same with the losses possibly being by larger margins.

So who QBs your team this neat season?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who QBs your team this neat season?
I think it's still Speight. He just has a proven ability to run the offense; which will be important when you have a bunch of young guys around him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this -- if UM loses 3 games by a total of 5 points next year, they won't win 10 games.

As with every team -- it all comes down to QB play. If Speight remains the starter, he will need to make a big step forward in his progress. When he was good, he was very good. But when he was bad, he was very bad and it led to the three losses last year.

We will see who is the starting QB going forward. That being said -- Maurice Hurst is definitely the top returning starter.
If Speight is still the best option on your roster this year, I don't see it being a very good year. He is a very average QB overall. He had some "very good" games, but they were against Hawaii, UCF, Illinois and Maryland - not exactly that impressive. He was obviously underwhelming in the 3 losses, and now he loses most of his OL, his top WRs, his top TE (maybe the biggest loss), and will needs a large step forward from the RB stable. I just don't see him having the chops.

If Hurst is the best returning starter, so be it. Speight is still among the top ones, and he's a very underwhelming leader.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did underperform to an extent, but unless you see a super rare occurrence like the 2014 Buckeyes where things just fell into place thanks to having some amazing new players come in and ball out like crazy, you're not likely to take steps forward. I don't see a Michael Thomas, JT Barrett, Ezekiel Elliott, and Joey Bosa suddenly emerging and ripping everyone apart.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did underperform to an extent, but unless you see a super rare occurrence like the 2014 Buckeyes where things just fell into place thanks to having some amazing new players come in and ball out like crazy, you're not likely to take steps forward. I don't see a Michael Thomas, JT Barrett, Ezekiel Elliott, and Joey Bosa suddenly emerging and ripping everyone apart.
I'm not expecting a national title run next year. I think 10 wins is reasonable. Given the incoming talent, I think Michigan is capable of reloading and guys emerging you might not have known about; especially on defense for us. Guys like Chris Evans and Eddie McDoom last year could have breakout seasons with more snaps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is people like him make up shit to fit their agenda. Big bad USC was buying players houses and cars. When it was people outside the program trying to lure a player to leave early. Yes USC should have had a bigger compliance dept but what compliance dept would know if parents of a player arent getting charged for something 200 miles away from campus? lol. Yes USC should have gotten in trouble because Bush did take gifts but USC didn't cheat as this guy says. Who would want a star player to leave early? You cheat to lose a player?

The bold is where his logic falls apart and makes the whining so hilarious.

Had those things been given to the Bush family to entice Reggie to come to USC in the first place, or at least to entice him to stay for his senior season, I don't think any USC fans (at least on here) would defend that.

Reggie coming back would have all but assured USC of another NC game appearance, but they're going to risk NCAA trouble by being part of a plot to get him to leave early. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Speight is still the best option on your roster this year, I don't see it being a very good year. He is a very average QB overall. He had some "very good" games, but they were against Hawaii, UCF, Illinois and Maryland - not exactly that impressive. He was obviously underwhelming in the 3 losses, and now he loses most of his OL, his top WRs, his top TE (maybe the biggest loss), and will needs a large step forward from the RB stable. I just don't see him having the chops.

If Hurst is the best returning starter, so be it. Speight is still among the top ones, and he's a very underwhelming leader.

Losing the TE isn't a big deal. That is arguably the deepest position on the roster. When you have sets with 2, 3 and even 4 TE's. You don't have a huge drop off if you lose one. Devin Asiasi was a top 100 recruit and the #2 TE in the country and he is buried so far down the TE depth chart he is looking to transfer. Ian Bunting is a taller version of Jake Butt (though he can't block like Jake) -- the guy I can't wait to see is Tyrone Wheatley Jr. 6'6" 290 lbs and his father's athleticism. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wheatley bypass Bunting as the top TE.

And replacing the rest of the starters, especially at WR isn't going to be a big deal at all. About the only spot I expect to see a drop off is CB, but they have a ton of talent at the position, but all very young.

RB -- I think after a full year in the weight program, Chris Evans will be the main RB and will be a HUGE upgrade over Smith.

It will be an interesting year. But I don't expect much of a drop off at all, unless all the WR we brought in the last two years are flops

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting a national title run next year. I think 10 wins is reasonable. Given the incoming talent, I think Michigan is capable of reloading and guys emerging you might not have known about; especially on defense for us. Guys like Chris Evans and Eddie McDoom last year could have breakout seasons with more snaps.
It's reasonable, of course. However, I don't think it should necessarily be an expectation this year yet. Not until you've seen what the new guys can do once the pads go on in the fall.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing the TE isn't a big deal. That is arguably the deepest position on the roster. When you have sets with 2, 3 and even 4 TE's. You don't have a huge drop off if you lose one. Devin Asiasi was a top 100 recruit and the #2 TE in the country and he is buried so far down the TE depth chart he is looking to transfer. Ian Bunting is a taller version of Jake Butt (though he can't block like Jake) -- the guy I can't wait to see is Tyrone Wheatley Jr. 6'6" 290 lbs and his father's athleticism. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wheatley bypass Bunting as the top TE.

And replacing the rest of the starters, especially at WR isn't going to be a big deal at all. About the only spot I expect to see a drop off is CB, but they have a ton of talent at the position, but all very young.

RB -- I think after a full year in the weight program, Chris Evans will be the main RB and will be a HUGE upgrade over Smith.

It will be an interesting year. But I don't expect much of a drop off at all, unless all the WR we brought in the last two years are flops
Those TEs and WRs you're talking about may have talent, but they don't have the experience, which I think was key last year in making Speight look much better than he actually is at times. Now instead of being supplemented by all that experienced talent, he's going to have to be the ringleader, and I just don't see that quality in him.

Evans looks good and could eventually be a feature back, but if is that much of a better talent, why was he conceding all those snaps to a pretty mediocre RB like Smith? It's not like when Zeke didn't beat out Hyde - Hyde was an elite RB. Smith decided is not. Evans may develop into a top-tier back, but I don't know that it will happen right away this year, especially not with 4 new starters on the OL and a shaky QB situation.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Tennessee is ranked high enough to consider it a face plant, but I see all these in red as a loss making them 6-6 but realistically think Missouri and Vandy will be a toss up so very easily 5-7 or 4-8.

2017 SCHEDULE

Date Opponent
Sept. 4 vs. Georgia Tech
Sept. 9 INDIANA STATE
Sept. 16 at Florida*
Sept. 23 UMASS
Sept. 30 GEORGIA*
Oct. 14 SOUTH CAROLINA*
Oct. 21 at Alabama*

Oct. 28 at Kentucky*
Nov. 4 SOUTHERN MISS
Nov. 11 at Missouri*
Nov. 18 LSU*
Nov. 25 VANDERBILT*

Mizzou isn't a toss up, you should expect to lose that game

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those TEs and WRs you're talking about may have talent, but they don't have the experience, which I think was key last year in making Speight look much better than he actually is at times. Now instead of being supplemented by all that experienced talent, he's going to have to be the ringleader, and I just don't see that quality in him.

Evans looks good and could eventually be a feature back, but if is that much of a better talent, why was he conceding all those snaps to a pretty mediocre RB like Smith? It's not like when Zeke didn't beat out Hyde - Hyde was an elite RB. Smith decided is not. Evans may develop into a top-tier back, but I don't know that it will happen right away this year, especially not with 4 new starters on the OL and a shaky QB situation.

Evans wasn't the starter because He was a true freshman and a guy who needed to spend some time in the weight room to be able to handle that type of work load. Also, it was needed if he is going to be trusted picking up blitzers. He wasn't big enough to do that out of HS.

And the other starters on offense -- we have to wait and see. WR -- we've signed a ton of talent the last two years. So I'm not worried about finding playmakers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple true freshman starting at WR with the class we signed.

OL -- Mason Cole is back. Ben Bredeson is back. Grant Newsome was our starting LT before getting hurt last year is back (hopefully) and they have 2 others who played last year as well with Onewenu and Bushnell-Beatty. UM also signed 2 top 100 OL recruits in Ruiz and Filiaga.

Personally -- I'm not worried at all about the offensive side of the ball. Not worried at all about the defensive line -- actually think the DL is going to be dominant again. The secondary and LB's make me nervous. CB play is probably the biggest reason UM defense was really good last year. We have talent at each position, but no experience. Lavert Hill, David Long, Ambry Thomas were all top 100 recruits and the guy who shot up the rankings after locking down the top WRs at The Opening (including help posting a shutout of Tate Martell and Trevon Grimes). Benjamin St Juste.

I think UM will have some rough patches, but I think the amount of talent they have on the roster will help them overcome the majority of it.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou isn't a toss up, you should expect to lose that game
67193951.jpg