• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which kicker should we keep?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way our kicking game has been the last few years, I say both if any way possible. I like Bullock, but I'm not 100% sold on him. Elliot seems to have a huge upside, I just have a feeling if we cut him, we'll wind up regretting it..........like Rackers. Let Bullock do the field goals and pt. afters and Elliot kick off, or place Elliot on a practice squad or something should Bullock choke come the regular season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott

1) Huge leg with massive hang time on kickoffs.
2) Younger with more upside and growth potential.
3) Cheaper (which appeals to Mike Brown)
4) Spent a 5th round pick on him this year.
5) More years of team price control as a rookie.
6) Just missed the 60 yarder which would have been good from 65 (in Indy and not Denver)
7) He isn't a beer keg party binger away from being overweight and joining Jenny Craig.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott

I don't trust Bullock. I can't shake the vision of that missed field goal in Houston last year. The guy had a chance to deny the team that cut him an opportunity to go to the playoffs... And he flat out choked. And then reading his comments last night, he threw everyone else under the bus for his missed field goal. I don't trust the dude.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott

I don't trust Bullock. I can't shake the vision of that missed field goal in Houston last year. The guy had a chance to deny the team that cut him an opportunity to go to the playoffs... And he flat out choked. And then reading his comments last night, he threw everyone else under the bus for his missed field goal. I don't trust the dude.

Yeah I read that too. He had an excuse that blamed everyone and everything but himself it seemed. I mean I don't doubt that the exchange might have been a little iffy, but he wasn't about to take blame that was very apparent. Elliott's like...I should have made my kicks.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott

1) Huge leg with massive hang time on kickoffs.
2) Younger with more upside and growth potential.
3) Cheaper (which appeals to Mike Brown)
4) Spent a 5th round pick on him this year.
5) More years of team price control as a rookie.
6) Just missed the 60 yarder which would have been good from 65 (in Indy and not Denver)
7) He isn't a beer keg party binger away from being overweight and joining Jenny Craig.

True on all. I would probably be happier with Elliot but not unhappy with Bullock either. Like Cincygrad, I don't trust Bullock 100%. I would almost trust him more with Elliot breathing down his neck. I don't know if we want to carry 2 kickers?? Maybe with Pacman out game 1 and Burfict out 3, it would free up roster space and we could carry both kickers a little longer than usual until Burfict is back and see if Bullock chokes?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cute how you all are discussing this as if it even fucking mattered in the end somehow.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we made a mistake here for sure. But, it isn't like Bullock is terrible. I just think there was so much more upside to Elliott in many ways.

I also see that Mixon is 3rd on the depth chart, so he might see 3 or 4 touches a game. *sigh*

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we made a mistake here for sure. But, it isn't like Bullock is terrible. I just think there was so much more upside to Elliott in many ways.

I also see that Mixon is 3rd on the depth chart, so he might see 3 or 4 touches a game. *sigh*

You REALLY thought any different?

I think he'll get more than that, but It's going to be Hill and Gio for at least the first few weeks, at a minimum.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See...doesn't even piss me off because I totally expected it.

Sucks, I do agree, but hard to be pissed about an expected outcome.

Kind of like when we lose to the Texan's 6th string QB signed off the street the morning of the game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was ever any chance of Mixon seeing significant action it all ended when he fumbled that ball in Washington. That pretty much sealed the deal for Marvin to fold up tent and not trust his rookie.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See...doesn't even piss me off because I totally expected it.

Sucks, I do agree, but hard to be pissed about an expected outcome.

Kind of like when we lose to the Texan's 6th string QB signed off the street the morning of the game.

Only pisses me off because I was dumb enough to take him in my fantasy draft around round 5.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon just needs to hold on to the ball. When they are sure he can do that he'll be the starter.

don't worry, it's not like hill and bernard are good at staying on the field, they'll get hurt.