• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Happens First?

Which Happens First?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gonna be the next 'Fall Guy'?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee gets benched.

Two more interceptions in one game will do it. One interception in one game is forgivable. Not sure if that one INT if it is a pick 6 is forgivable though.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen but I would go with O' line gets replaced. You're sitting, you want off the bench? Earn it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee gets benched.

Two more interceptions in one game will do it. One interception in one game is forgivable. Not sure if that one INT if it is a pick 6 is forgivable though.

Do you think Peyton Manning could execute this offense much better?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely Cav, the last 2 yrs and 3 games we've seen the same mistakes horrible OL play over and over through countless player combos and substitutions without a single improvement, must be either allowed by the coach or the guy just know how to teach it correctly because his method clearly isn't working

TA would have slaughtered NIU's defense cause most of them were in our backfield shortly after the snap vacating the entire center of the field

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have been clearer in saying what do you Think 'happens first' as opposed to what do you WANT to happen first.

As a team Nebraska doesn't do anything good anywhere.

I picked Cavanaugh as a means of Eichorst and Riley distracting from themselves by throwing someone else under the bus to quell the lanterns and pitchforks yet again.
Whether they get the chance to do that (by seasons end) depends on the Chancellor and Board of Regents. They'll act on butts in seats, donations, and apparel sales.
Will they bite on "Everything will be all better with a new OL coach"?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Riley's contract was extended, slightly, SE's wasn't. I guess the BORs aren't giving either of them any passes, SE's comments after the game seemed a bit more inspired than previous. I fully expect both of them to have the underside of the bus crowded before either would admit fault and step down or "retire"

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have been clearer in saying what do you Think 'happens first' as opposed to what do you WANT to happen first.

As a team Nebraska doesn't do anything good anywhere.

I picked Cavanaugh as a means of Eichorst and Riley distracting from themselves by throwing someone else under the bus to quell the lanterns and pitchforks yet again.
Whether they get the chance to do that (by seasons end) depends on the Chancellor and Board of Regents. They'll act on butts in seats, donations, and apparel sales.
Will they bite on "Everything will be all better with a new OL coach"?

On the bright side, Nebraska could still go to the B1G Championship Game by winning the West Division.:D

I editing my earlier post and then I timed out. It was brilliant though.

Part of it was this.....

They bench Lee because it is the easiest thing to do.

I don't think Riley will fire another long time buddy. Riley is 64 and set for life. He is smart enough to know that if Eichorst tells him to fire a buddy, it is a toothless threat. Eichorst is all in on Riley.

He also knows that if Eichorst gets canned, then Riley and Crew will not be around at Nebraska for long. Keep his buddies employed as long as possible or at least to get their resumes out to get another job, if they lose this one.

I believe I nicknamed Eichorst Eichoke and Milquetoast back in 2014 too.

I made my feelings pretty open when I posted this thread, December 4, 2014 and my signature has not changed since then. Although, some of you wanted me to change it.

FIRE EICHORST, this is ridiculous

In answer to the Peyton Manning thing. Peyton would have been audibling the entire game. he would have realized he had a huge weight advantage in the O line and told them, "OK, you guys are not going to pass protect. Lean forward on your toes, and you just charge into the guys across from you. I will be feeding Devine the football and see how long those guys can take the beating."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Nebraska could still go to the B1G Championship Game by winning the West Division.:D

Part of it was this.....

I don't think Riley will fire another long time buddy. Riley is 64 and set for life. He is smart enough to know that if Eichorst tells him to fire a buddy, it is a toothless threat. Eichorst is all in on Riley.

He also knows that if Eichorst gets canned, then Riley and Crew will not be around at Nebraska for long. Keep his buddies employed as long as possible or at least to get their resumes out to get another job, if they lose this one.

I made my feelings pretty open when I posted this thread, December 4, 2014 and my signature has not changed since then. Although, some of you wanted me to change it.

In answer to the Peyton Manning thing. Peyton would have been audibling the entire game. he would have realized he had a huge weight advantage in the O line and told them, "OK, you guys are not going to pass protect. Lean forward on your toes, and you just charge into the guys across from you. I will be feeding Devine the football and see how long those guys can take the beating."

I see your point in regards to not firing another long time buddy (Cavanaugh).

However, I don't think Lee has the authority to audible every call from the booth into a run. That's if Divine is even on the field.
Give Peyton manning the restrictions that Lee has as well as the passes dropped that were on target. The false starts, the holding, etc.
I chose Manning as an example because he's about as immobile as Lee.

They might be gutless enough to throw Lee under the bus, but I don't see it as being enough to convince the BOR that it will make a tangible improvement.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of it was this.....

BTW I was not one of those. My points were very clear in that thread and in the initial thread announcing the hiring of Riley.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think these coaches are afraid to hurt someone's feelings? Sometimes the bench builds character.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see three close options there for the short term. I.E. During the season.

1) Eichorst saves his own skin by firing Riley and appoints Diaco as interim. 2) The Chancellor and BOR fire Eichorst as unfit to evaluate someone he hired.
3) Bench Lee. (gutless move)

Replacing an OL coach mid-season seems unrealistic. Where do you find another one? I think that'll be a desperation move come November 25th to buy another season.

I don't think any of the options happen before Nov 25th. I chose Cavanaugh because the OL is glaring and most talked about. However, I see problems everywhere. Maybe the Chancellor and BOR can be bluffed into that being the fix-all by Eichorst and Riley.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think these coaches are afraid to hurt someone's feelings? Sometimes the bench builds character.

Are they gonna bench the entire team? The issues are EVERYWHERE.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example of 'EVERYWHERE'

In 3 games...

Blocked Field Goal
Blocked Punt
Fair Catch at the 5
Fair Catch at the 45 with 10 yds to run
Letting the ball hit at the 15 on a punt and roll to the 2
Opponent Punt Return for TD
Dropped passes
Sacks and QB hurries on Lee
False Starts and Holding
Blocks in the Back
Lack of Sacks and QB hurries on Opponents
Poor Tackling

That's just off the top of my head.

2 of the 3 games were against mid-majors. Therefore it's not a disparity in talent. There is no attention to detail. It's not taking care of the little things.

There are individuals responsible for each one of those things. There is one person responsible for all of it.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Eichorst. He's more tone deaf then Steve Pederson. Riley needs to let go Cav and DL. I don't see Riley going anywhere until after year 4 when we have a new AD. The BOR and Ronnie Green need to get the right AD this time. Nebraska has made major fuck up hires before Osborne and now after Osborne they can not make a fuck up hire again.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example of 'EVERYWHERE'

Therefore it's not a disparity in talent. There is no attention to detail. It's not taking care of the little things.

Been Groundhog Day for at least 10 years

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin fired their O line coach in 2012, after two crappy games. But in order for Riley to do that he would have to be trusted to recognize O line coaching talent. Hmmmm on that one.

Cavanaugh was my next coach to get the FIRE XYZ coach thread last year. Never got around to posting it because I really disliked Banker and Read.

Once Read was fired during the season I decided things are happening, let's see where it goes. Then Banker was fired in January. I was overjoyed.

Cavanaugh has had most of these guys for three years, and this is what we see?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Eichorst. He's more tone deaf then Steve Pederson. Riley needs to let go Cav and DL. I don't see Riley going anywhere until after year 4 when we have a new AD. The BOR and Ronnie Green need to get the right AD this time. Nebraska has made major fuck up hires before Osborne and now after Osborne they can not make a fuck up hire again.

Almost went Eichorst. Probably should have now that I look back.
It can't be good when KFAB supersedes their regular 6pm programming to do a special half-hour live segment with his status as the focal point.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin fired their O line coach in 2012, after two crappy games. But in order for Riley to do that he would have to be trusted to recognize O line coaching talent. Hmmmm on that one.

Cavanaugh was my next coach to get the FIRE XYZ coach thread last year. Never got around to posting it because I really disliked Banker and Read.

Once Read was fired during the season I decided things are happening, let's see where it goes. Then Banker was fired in January. I was overjoyed.

Cavanaugh has had most of these guys for three years, and this is what we see?
Odd enough that also coincides with the last time we beat Wisconsin as well, 2012

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIU.0.gif