• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which CFB team will be the most affected this offseason?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should comfortably be in the Top 25 but if you made me predict i would say 3rd in the east behind Ohio State and Penn State. Penn State should be very good this year. Glad Ohio State has them in the Shoe
I think that's what the expected turnout will be....but when was the last time "the expected" happened in a season? If we went on pre-season predictions, OSU would have won the last like 10 B10 titles.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought Michigan's offense was top 25 caliber? :L
They weren't, specifically at RB. If Michigan can develop a running game this year, and signs with the new guys are good, then I think they have a shot at being a pretty good and efficient offense. I'm really excited about guys like Chris Evans and Kareem Walker. Speight did what he did last year with basically no run support, our starting RB averaged like 2.5ypc and 60ypg in the final stretch.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were ever a year to do it, it might be next year(vs. FL, at PSU, at Wisconsin, vs. OSU). But that would require Michigan to lose every toss up game, which I doubt they'll do. I think they'll beat Florida, and the other games are later in the year, should be better by the time those games roll around.
I wouldn't have thought Iowa would've beaten them last year but they pulled it off, and they weren't that good. Harbaugh is a good coach but still has his hiccups. 8-4, one way or another, is very realistic considering the massive defensive losses and young offense led by a subpar QB with a basically new offensive line.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect to be 15-0 this year, but I wouldn't rule out a run at the B10.
3rd in the division is looking extremely likely, barring a titanic run of injuries or unforeseen collapse by OSU and PSU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought Michigan's offense was top 25 caliber? :L

I'm not sure what else I should consider them when they finished on average 14th in offensive efficiency(between ESPN and Football Outsiders) and 11th in ppg?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have thought Iowa would've beaten them last year but they pulled it off, and they weren't that good. Harbaugh is a good coach but still has his hiccups. 8-4, one way or another, is very realistic considering the massive defensive losses and young offense led by a subpar QB with a basically new offensive line.

That's basically having them lose all their 50/50 games. which certainly could happen, but I don't think they will. I'd say they are a 9-3 team this year at worst.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically having them lose all their 50/50 games. which certainly could happen, but I don't think they will. I'd say they are a 9-3 team this year at worst.
I don't necessarily think they'll lose all their 50/50 games. I think PSU and OSU are undoubtedly losses unless something huge happens. Florida should be a W, IMO. Wisconsin is very likely a loss, being on the road, and especially if they end up with Malik Zaire. I could also see losses to Minnesota, Michigan State, and even Cincinnati could give them trouble.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think they'll lose all their 50/50 games. I think PSU and OSU are undoubtedly losses unless something huge happens. Florida should be a W, IMO. Wisconsin is very likely a loss, being on the road, and especially if they end up with Malik Zaire. I could also see losses to Minnesota, Michigan State, and even Cincinnati could give them trouble.

They get all 3 of those at home, so that makes it all that less likely. I would say MSU would have the best shot, but put that at about 5% of happening. Michigan will blow out Minnesota and Cincy by 3 TD's +. Hell they may beat Cincy by 5 TD's if they want too.

IMO they have 4 losable games. I think they beat UF. That leaves PSU, OSU and Wisky. My guess is they lose all 3 but they could certainly win 1 or 2 of those.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami gets hit the worst, but Richt has a good class coming in 2018. The big question is, can he land some good OLinemen.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three games are not tossups. MSU is a dumpster fire. PSU and Wisconsin are the sure losses, but I don't think OSU is lock win for you guys. Barrett is fecal.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get all 3 of those at home, so that makes it all that less likely. I would say MSU would have the best shot, but put that at about 5% of happening. Michigan will blow out Minnesota and Cincy by 3 TD's +. Hell they may beat Cincy by 5 TD's if they want too.

IMO they have 4 losable games. I think they beat UF. That leaves PSU, OSU and Wisky. My guess is they lose all 3 but they could certainly win 1 or 2 of those.
I would've thought they'd beat Iowa by 3 TDs last year, too. With all the talent they had, there's no reason Iowa should've won that game, but they did. With this many new players to break in, I can see them having a slip up against someone they shouldn't.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude is reaching thinking Minnesota, MSU and Cincy are tossups.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've thought they'd beat Iowa by 3 TDs last year, too. With all the talent they had, there's no reason Iowa should've won that game, but they did. With this many new players to break in, I can see them having a slip up against someone they shouldn't.

Iowa was also a ranked team by the end of the year, and Michigan played them on the road. Minnesota never came close to being ranked and Michigan State and Cincy won 3 and 4 games respectively. Cincy lost to teams like Memphis and South Florida by 4 TD's. Cincy is garbage.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa was also a ranked team by the end of the year, and Michigan played them on the road. Minnesota never came close to being ranked and Michigan State and Cincy won 3 and 4 games respectively. Cincy lost to teams like Memphis and South Florida by 4 TD's. Cincy is garbage.
Iowa was only ever ranked because they upset michigan. Without that, they're a 6-loss team. Also, since when was 9-4 Minnesota never close to being ranked? They were receiving votes in both final polls.

I think MSU brings itself back a bit this year. Not to 10-win levels, but I think they get back to around 7 wins. I'm saying Cincy as a homer pick because of Fickel, but hell, why not?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa was only ever ranked because they upset michigan. Without that, they're a 6-loss team. Also, since when was 9-4 Minnesota never close to being ranked? They were receiving votes in both final polls.

I think MSU brings itself back a bit this year. Not to 10-win levels, but I think they get back to around 7 wins. I'm saying Cincy as a homer pick because of Fickel, but hell, why not?

The most votes they got during the regular season was a whopping 2 in the AP poll, which never put them in the top 30, it won winning a meaningless game(in which there was question if they were even going to play) to get their most votes. And they would have had to jump 8 teams in the AP and 9 teams in the Coaches Poll to finish ranked. That's not close in my book. Not once during the year were they ever considered a top 30 team.

MSU will be better IMO(because they can't be much worse) but I think Michigan will breeze that game. And why not Cincy? Because they won one fucking AAC game last year, and I should consider that a potential loss for Michigan? lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most votes they got during the regular season was a whopping 2 in the AP poll, which never put them in the top 30, it won winning a meaningless game(in which there was question if they were even going to play) to get their most votes. And they would have had to jump 8 teams in the AP and 9 teams in the Coaches Poll to finish ranked. That's not close in my book. Not once during the year were they ever considered a top 30 team.

MSU will be better IMO(because they can't be much worse) but I think Michigan will breeze that game. And why not Cincy? Because they won one fucking AAC game last year, and I should consider that a potential loss for Michigan? lol.
Yeah, they still came close to being ranked. They were a 9-4 team, Iowa was 8-5. Stop acting like Iowa was such a resoundingly better team, they only beat Minnesota by a TD. Plus, MN returns a pretty decent amount on offense and now has a seriously talented HC. No reason to think they couldn't upset michigan given what Iowa did last year.

We'll see about MSU. I think they'll be better than last year's catastrophe, and they still lost to a better michigan by single digits.

Fine, you don't agree on Cincy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Michigan played Minnesota, it required an epically stupid play calling at the end of the game to seal the win for Michigan and Ruddock was a better QB than a very pedestrian Speight. I do believe Michigan wins though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they still came close to being ranked. They were a 9-4 team, Iowa was 8-5. Stop acting like Iowa was such a resoundingly better team, they only beat Minnesota by a TD. Plus, MN returns a pretty decent amount on offense and now has a seriously talented HC. No reason to think they couldn't upset michigan given what Iowa did last year.

We'll see about MSU. I think they'll be better than last year's catastrophe, and they still lost to a better michigan by single digits.

Fine, you don't agree on Cincy.

Iowa was better. And if being 34th is close to being ranked then yeah they were close. They are no threat to beat Michigan.

Listing those 3 teams is an extreme reach based on who the teams were last season. Michigan will win comfortably against all 3. Seriously Cincy? Lol.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa was better. And if being 34th is close to being ranked then yeah they were close. They are no threat to beat Michigan.

Listing those 3 teams is an extreme reach based on who the teams were last season. Michigan will win comfortably against all 3. Seriously Cincy? Lol.
No offense to Jim Harbaugh but Michigan is losing a ton of talented players and he has not shown that he has had the ability to reload like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. Michigan is a huge question mark at this point. Probably wins all 3 games next year.