• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which are your top 3?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny Ramirez.... because the new GM will realize that he's a better C than Swanson
Isa Abdul Quddus... love his run support but not so much in coverage. he's on the cheap
Don Muhlbach...... not easy to find quality ST long snappers. they better B looking tho

had you stated I could keep four I would have put
Jermelle Cudjo

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IAQ is my top priority among our players. He is a versatile guy who can play many spots. His coverage still needs some improvement. I feel he was getting better with the more reps of live action he was getting. Sure tackler on the back end.

Manny Ramirez is a good insurance policy for three spots. One thing the Lions lack is depth. He brought depth to the OL which we haven't seen in years. He will come cheap also, in the $1-2 million range.

Lance Moore would be my third. He's a cheap WR who produced very little, yet big in many spots at critical times. Even at his age, he was savvy enough to get separation still and get open. Something Fuller can not do.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue my fourth was Mulbach. I'm huge on special teams. I do see Mulbach coming back. I don't remember the last time he muffed a snap. He'd be hard to beat out IMO in camp. So if he is beat out, I would surely feel secure about the new guy being damn good.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had you stated I could keep four I would have put
Jermelle Cudjo

When do we on the Lions board follow directions? List whomever you want and why. I just figured we'd get a better feel on the pulse of what we as fans want with only 3.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Ngata back if he would take a certain price. Don't see it happening at my price. Hope the new GM doesn't overpay either.

They don't sign him back, I'd almost say they need a one veteran FA. I'm not sold on Reid and Wright as solid starters yet. Liking what I see in that CJ Wilson kid.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, I'm suppose to follow directions. where are the directions to follow the directions at ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMHO, I would rather see Anquan Boldin here next year. If you want to see textbook blocking by a wr then he's your man (most of the time). He would be an excellent teacher to guys like Taint and TJ Jones. he knows how to use his body on routes and in the run game. you want to see the possible next Boldin type then look no further than Jarvis Landry, imo. sub 4.5 speed isn't everything in a WR nor is being a taller/bigger one either.

most wr's in today's game are pussies and worse yet in CFB. They'll shield for a quick second then release or not follow downhill. blocking by wr's is a lost art form.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm huge on ST's. always have been and always will be. LS isn't for any ol' C to grasp and be really good at it, imo. Muhlbach is worth until they can find someone else. Maybe this year. maybe not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on IAQ ever being a whole lot better in coverage even with extended play time. he doesn't diagnose well enough or quick enough, imo. He's not in sync with LB'ers on who is responsible for whom. You can see it firsthand in the 2nd GB game and vs N.O. (he and whitehead then he and Bynes got it wrong quite a few times. (I've been wrong many a time than being right but not so often when it comes to DB's). IAQ is much better than Ihedigbo all the way around. Eric Berry is out of my price range and the possibility his cancer may return is too big of a risk. once you get cancer, you'll get it again. when, I have no clue.

There's a kid that plays for a team near the Bama border that should be looked at as a necessity for this upcoming draft. SS with above average coverage skills are just as much in demand now as are CB's or FS. It's a passing driven league.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny Ramirez is a good insurance policy for three spots. One thing the Lions lack is depth. He brought depth to the OL which we haven't seen in years. He will come cheap also, in the $1-2 million range.

well stated above.

he could also play, not very good, as an emergency RT should it come around. he did have some time at RT while in Denver.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Ngata back if he would take a certain price. Don't see it happening at my price. Hope the new GM doesn't overpay either.

They don't sign him back, I'd almost say they need a one veteran FA. I'm not sold on Reid and Wright as solid starters yet. Liking what I see in that CJ Wilson kid.

I've soured on the ol' bring back Nagata. I'm not convinced that he isn't on his last legs so to speak. I wanted him back a month or so ago, at the right price, simply as a teacher for the younger ones first and foremost (Reid, Wright, maybe Walker whom I'm not fond of at all). I'm seeing more injury prone and not 100% healthy at this stage anymore even though he still provides some splash plays here and there. You're going to need someone at the DT position to mentor the kids. IDK who that may be.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splash plays is truly what you get from DTs. Smaller things go unnoticed. Same reasons why just going by the big stats isn't always true, at least for me. He dominated two series on Sunday. Then I just kept hearing his name from the radio guys of the San Fran feed. So maybe I'm wrong. Did or does Suh dominate all game? No. None of them do rarely. I felt he still has decent push and is still taking on two blockers. Somebody has to in the middle because I don't want it to be Ziggy being DTed.

I'd rather go younger on a vet, because we've seen too many walls being hit lately by vets. Plus I feel he will get around $5-6 a year and in no way want to pay that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what transpired against SF. I didn't watch the game. nor was I interested in doing so.

I get it that Ngata takes on combo blocks. It's a two way street for OL vs DL. However, you can clearly see that he's not anywhere near as disruptive as 2-3 years ago nor does he possess that explosive punch or get off LOS. I don't look into stats only as a tell tale sign. DT's do the ugly work, receive very little credit for containment and clean-up duty for the LB or back 4/5 or qb hurries and pressures. He's not explosive enough anymore to walk back an OL or collapse the pocket consistently.

I'm not one who expects double digit sacks from a DT or even half that. or to have certain amount of qb hurries, pressures.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in bringing any of these Mayhew scrubs back. They were all pretty much butt cheese this year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant limit to 3. The following we definitely need back:

Whitehead - He is a solid BU and great ST and we are weakest at this position.
Walker - Showed flashes of splashes although needs to be better against the run. Wirght and Reid didnt show much. Wilson is promising. NGata too expensive for what he has left.
IAQ - Very versatile BU and great ST.
Ramirez - Great depth. Need to clean out some other guys. Also both our guards are really regressing badly.

These guys might be worth keeping:
Mulbach
Cudjo
Copeland
Butler
Fuller

These guys need to go:
Ngata - too expensive
J Jones - D Taylor is already better
Idiggs - done and too expensive
T Lewis - sucks big donkey balls at any price

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe my dislike of Ramirez is already well documented.

1. IAQ
2. Copeland
3. Whitehead

I like whitehead, although I don't think he would be hard to replace I think he is good enough to start, and if you do get better he is a good backup.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these are price dependent. I would not mind a few of them if they are cheap enough.