• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Should LeBron sign this summer?

Where should LeBron sign?

• Cavs

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Sixers

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Lakers

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Rockets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a poll of where LeBron will sign, but rather where he should, as in the best spot for his career and legacy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Indians. He's gonna prove he really is better than Jordan by actually making to the Majors

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overseas

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are the obvious choice, I mean he calls himself King James and made his NBA debut in Sacramento. But if not them then I'd say the Cavs or 76ers.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have 5 good years of playing playoof ball and EC chance with Sixers. If he wants to leave Cle to get rings its just a 6 hour drive east

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs if he really care about his legacy

That is interesting.

He will receive short term backlash if he leaves Cleveland for a team like Philly or Houston.

But, the reality is that his legacy will ultimately be judged by how many rings he has. 30 years from now people won't be talking about his free agency choices.

He might stay in Cleveland, but I don't see him wining any more rings there. The best choice for his legacy is Philly, IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting.

He will receive short term backlash if he leaves Cleveland for a team like Philly or Houston.

But, the reality is that his legacy will ultimately be judged by how many rings he has. 30 years from now people won't be talking about his free agency choices.

He might stay in Cleveland, but I don't see him wining any more rings there. The best choice for his legacy is Philly, IMO.

I see your point but I honestly don't think the backlash will be short if he made that move especially if that Brooklyn pick ends up in the top 5 and Cleveland gets one of those great young guys

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but I honestly don't think the backlash will be short if he made that move especially if that Brooklyn pick ends up in the top 5 and Cleveland gets one of those great young guys

Nobody talks about Moses Malone going to the 6ers. They talk about how great those 6ers were. And that was in a different era when players didn't just go wherever.

Players are going to change teams as per their right that was collectively bargained. As time goes on and we get further from the era where great players stay on 1 team their whole career, there will be less of a stigma. This won't even be a footnote in the LeBron James chapter 30 years from now and it certainly won't be a stain.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering his legacy. The Lakers or Sixers.

As tlance pointed out, the backlash if he leaves the Cavs won't be nearly what it was when he went to the Heat. He's fulfilled his promise to bring a title to the Cavs and even Cavs fans have to know that, even if he stays, they aren't winning another title any time soon.

Both the Lakers and Sixers offer essentially the same opportunity re: his legacy. Taking a rebuilding "glamour franchise" with a roster full of young players and restoring their former glory.

Lakers:

Pros: The Lakers are the NBA's most glamorous franchise. They have fallen on hard times, but finally seem to have a plan and are headed in the right direction. Restoring the Lakers to their former glory would be a huge bump to his legacy. Lebron to the Lakers has been "a thing" for quite some time and much of that seems to have been fed by Lebron and folks around him.

Cons: There are more "moving parts" to get him to the Lakers. The Deng contract has to be dealt with and they would need to bring in another max FA along with him to truly be contenders. The Lakers also play in the West, which means having to deal with the Warriors and/or Rockets before he even gets to the finals.

Sixers:

Pros: The Sixers aren't quite the "glamour" franchise that the Lakers are, but they are still one of the NBA's more historic franchises. So, while he wouldn't get quite the bump to his legacy that the Lakers provide, he still gets a pretty good one. There are also fewer "moving parts" to get him to Philly. They don't need to bring in another max guy and don't have any "albatross contracts" to deal with that I'm aware of. They are in the East as well, which means an easier path back to the finals.

Cons: Mainly health, particularly the health of Embiid. If he gets there and Emlbiid can't stay healthy, he's back to having to carry a heavier load than he reportedly wants to. Outside of some media and message board speculation, no one has attributed "Lebron to the Sixers" to him or his people. At least not that I've seen or heard. Also, will he be accused of "taking the easy path" if he stays in the East?

Both, as well as any franchise not named Heat or Cavs, provide the opportunity to have led 3 different franchises to titles, something no one else has done.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say where Lebron SHOULD sign because there are a lot of variables in play. I believe his family lives in LA now so that is a factor for him to go to LA.

In Cleveland he will have complete control of the team, more or less. They have a high lottery pick next year and could be a pretty tough team with Ayton or Bagley banging around.

In Philly he has the closest thing to a ready made title contender. Simmons is a ball dominant distributor who prefers to dish than to shoot which would fit Lebron well as a 30 something year old.

From a pure title contention perspective it would seem to be the Sixers as the best choice. From a legacy building perspective probably the Cavs. And from a family perspective probably the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say where Lebron SHOULD sign because there are a lot of variables in play. I believe his family lives in LA now so that is a factor for him to go to LA.

In Cleveland he will have complete control of the team, more or less. They have a high lottery pick next year and could be a pretty tough team with Ayton or Bagley banging around.

In Philly he has the closest thing to a ready made title contender. Simmons is a ball dominant distributor who prefers to dish than to shoot which would fit Lebron well as a 30 something year old.

From a pure title contention perspective it would seem to be the Sixers as the best choice. From a legacy building perspective probably the Cavs. And from a family perspective probably the Lakers.

Forgot about his family being in LA in my post. I don't think staying with the Cavs does near as much for his legacy as the Lakers or Sixers could if he wins a title or 2 there.

Considering what the Sixers are building, what a healthy Celtics team looks like, the possibility that the Raptors could finally figure out how to play in the playoffs and how capped out the Cavs are, he may not even be able to get out of the East again if he stays in Cleveland.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about his family being in LA in my post. I don't think staying with the Cavs does near as much for his legacy as the Lakers or Sixers could if he wins a title or 2 there.

Considering what the Sixers are building, what a healthy Celtics team looks like, the possibility that the Raptors could finally figure out how to play in the playoffs and how capped out the Cavs are, he may not even be able to get out of the East again if he stays in Cleveland.

Yeah. Honestly, the Cavs are, from a title contention perspective, the 3rd best option of the 3. Realistically speaking they would need to strike gold in the draft.

But, I do think that he could see Cleveland as being the House that the King built.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I do think that he could see Cleveland as being the House that the King built.

True. But if he is to ever truly have a chance to at least make the GOAT debate a 1a/1b conversation, he needs to do something that no one else has done.

Winning 2-3 more rings in Cleveland isn't happening which, imo, leaves leading 3 different teams to a title as his best option.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors.

He could literally take 3/4 of the season off and just come back for the playoffs to win rings. Would add years to his career and could probably still be doing this at 45 with the way he takes care of his body.

Lebron and the Warriors win 8 more rings. Legacy cemented.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors.

He could literally take 3/4 of the season off and just come back for the playoffs to win rings. Would add years to his career and could probably still be doing this at 45 with the way he takes care of his body.

Lebron and the Warriors win 8 more rings. Legacy cemented.

I don't think the CBA allows players to accept minimum wage in their contracts so it might be difficult to get Lebron in under the cap.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the CBA allows players to accept minimum wage in their contracts so it might be difficult to get Lebron in under the cap.

Well if he took the Vet minimum and only played in 4 games during the regular season, he'd actually be making about the same amount as his max contract, per game. In the playoffs all the players earn their own playoff shares.

You tell him gets an extra 5 months of the season off and he can pursue his business ventures in Silicon Valley right down the road. Peter Guber (Warriors other majority share holder) is a major Hollywood player and could set Lebron up with all sorts of different projects.

Dude would be making money hands over fist while stacking them rings.

Sounds legit to me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he took the Vet minimum and only played in 4 games during the regular season, he'd actually be making about the same amount as his max contract, per game. In the playoffs all the players earn their own playoff shares.

You tell him gets an extra 5 months of the season off and he can pursue his business ventures in Silicon Valley right down the road. Peter Guber (Warriors other majority share holder) is a major Hollywood player and could set Lebron up with all sorts of different projects.

Dude would be making money hands over fist while stacking them rings.

Sounds legit to me.

After the Warriors get LeBron how much longer before they go after the Unibrow? A starting 5 of Steph, Klay, KD, LeBron & AD would have the potential to win a ring or two.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Warriors get LeBron how much longer before they go after the Unibrow? A starting 5 of Steph, Klay, KD, LeBron & AD would have the potential to win a ring or two.

Unibrow is already a confirmed lock.

maxresdefault.jpg