• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Does Romo Rank?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many variables to know. Romo never played on a Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson coached team .
Romo never played on a team that had a defense that even approached the DOOMSDAY defense of Staubachs / Whites or the number one defense in the league that Aikman had.
Which QB ran the best offense? That's debatable.
Staubach had a Dorsett, Thomas,Hill for a time. Aikman had EMMITT for a lot of years. When Romo had Murray run for 1845, it made a difference. Romo had a great year in 2014.

Who was the best scrambler / runner? Roger

Who was the best big game, accurate QB?....Aikman

Who was the best at moving in the pocket and accuracy outside the pocket?..Romo...And it cost him his health.

But the COWBOYS have been very fortunate to have as many great QBs as they have had.
I always thought Don Meredith didn't like Landry's offense.
And I was not that big of fan of Danny White, but he followed a legend.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to compare stats due to rule changes. If Roger or Troy played in an era when you can't touch a receiver or a QB without getting flagged, their numbers would be insane. Romo is 3rd or 4th at best. Danny White went to three straight NFC Championships, and came within Drew Pearson being able to break a hand tackle of beating Joe Montana and making The Catch an afterthought. If they win that game, he gets a Ring. He also lost to a great Washington team after being knocked out of the game. A couple of things change for him and he's a HOFer. I always liked Romo more than White, but they are virtually the same player to me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Roger
2 Aikman
then a big drop off to everyone else

I think Romo versus Danny White is kind of a toss up. White's teams had more success, so I guess White gets the nod as #3 if I were ranking them. Plus he was a much better punter than Romo was a holder!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has been more than discussed and this position more than any other in team sports is about the hardware

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Roger
2 Aikman
then a big drop off to everyone else

I think Romo versus Danny White is kind of a toss up. White's teams had more success, so I guess White gets the nod as #3 if I were ranking them. Plus he was a much better punter than Romo was a holder!!!
White was better. He had less critical ints and more post season success.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as a pure passer goes, Danny White may be better than all of them. If you go by those standards though, Jeff George would be considered an all time great. Danny White had it rough following Staubach. I don't think some really appreciate how good he really was. There was just something missing with White IMO. No, I'm not talking about a Super Bowl. It always seemed like he had to look over his shoulder. Very talented yes .