• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Randy Moss rank among the GOAT WRs?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you account for the early years of Rice's career, where they did not track targets as a statistic.

If you take his career average for targets (136) and tack that onto each of those seasons. He still falls short in targets to Moss.

The conversation is over.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron is in the Bo Jackson category.

Only he usually was healthy-ish. Played video game football on teams with no defense. Dropped a lot of passes and lost about as many games as he won for his team.

He's in the teens at best for me. He only played for a little over a year when I considered him greatest Lion receiver ever.

He did something he was really really good at. But he didn't love football. That's not a knock. But it was noticeable. Especially at the end.

I'm still gonna wear my CJ jersey, I'm not hatin, just third seems crazynto me.

Were there multiple seasons where you think he was the best receiver in the game?

Yeah, physically, Calvin was possibly the best ever. IMO

If he wanted it nearly as bad as Rice did, there's a good chance he could have been the GOAT.

Those times when he was healthy and motivated, he was truly unbelievable.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, gtfo of here with that homer bullshiiit, you cheeky kunt. lmao

Uh huh....can't refute my post with anything credible...just the retorts on par with a 7 year old.

Did I 'preach' about Rices one season? No...I simply entered factual evidence that Rice dominated when not only did he not have the best QB of all time, but two sub-par pivots at the helm. Facts that you are unable to counter.

Did I state outright that Moss is not top 3/top5/top whatever? Of course not....in FACT....I stated outright that I'd have no issues with anyone believing that he was the best of all time. Declaring that he may/may not be top 5 all time in no way, shape or form negates anything I stated regarding his stature in NFL history.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice is #1. Putting Moss ahead of him is putting too much emphasis on potential and athletic ability over production.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Niners, so Moss was better...:D

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of baseless argument you always get from younger fans, who don't really know anything about Rice or the players before their time. "Moss was the most explosive!"... "The Packers drafted a bunch of DB's!"... Just aimless, baseless nonsense that means nothing and gives zero factual support to an argument.

If Moss is the most explosive player the NFL has ever seen. Then why didn't it result in the most explosive NFL career that the NFL has ever seen? Why does Rice's career resume DEMOLISH that of Moss's?

Moss was targeted over ONE THOUSAND more times than Rice, in his career. Yet...

All-time receiving yards:

1. Jerry Rice - 22,895

2. Terrell Owens - 15,934
3. Randy Moss - 15,292

All-time receiving TD's:

1. Jerry Rice - 197

2. Randy Moss - 157
3. Terrell Owens - 153

All-Time receptions:

1. Jerry Rice - 1,549

2. Tony Gonzalez - 1,325
3. Marvin Harrison - 1,102

(Moss, 15th with 982)

Receiving Yards Per Game: Rice 75.6... Moss 70.1

Highest Receiving Yardage Total in a Single Season: Rice 1,848... Moss 1,632

Moss was a better vertical threat, sure... but that's literally it. However, young fans who only get to look at highlight reels, just don't view Rice as being "as exciting as Moss". Well, he was... Moss was a better athlete, but Rice was easily the better receiver. Moss often shied away from doing many of the things that made Rice better than him. Rice went across the middle and wasn't afraid of a big hit, Rice moved the sticks, Rice blocked for his teammates, Rice ran every route on the tree phenomenally... and guess what? He'd ALSO beat you deep.

If you don't think that's "terrifying" to DC's, you're watching football wrong.

This was hilarious. You know the game so well even though you are in your 20's... lolzzz

So, how do you know so much being you didn't see him play, was it watching highlight reels?

Moss went over the middle he just outran the people closing on him or hit the ground to avoid a big hit.

1,000 more targets, I find that hard to believe. The most targets Moss had in one season was 184. The most targets Rice ever had in one season was 176. That is the only time either player is in the top 25 for targets since 1990.

Why does Rice's career demolish what Moss did, umm Joe Montana & Steve Young might have played a role in that but you wouldn't really know being you never watched them aside from highlight reels...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was hilarious. You know the game so well even though you are in your 20's... lolzzz

So, how do you know so much being you didn't see him play, was it watching highlight reels?

Moss went over the middle he just outran the people closing on him or hit the ground to avoid a big hit.

1,000 more targets, I find that hard to believe. The most targets Moss had in one season was 184. The most targets Rice ever had in one season was 176. That is the only time either player is in the top 25 for targets since 1990.

Why does Rice's career demolish what Moss did, umm Joe Montana & Steve Young might have played a role in that but you wouldn't really know being you never watched them aside from highlight reels...

It is hilarious, watching your argument melt. Too old, too young? Which is it? Most players in the NFL are in their 20's, do they lack an understanding of the game? I've been a student of the game my entire life.

I don't bring much into highlight reels. They're intentionally made to give an inflated view of the player. I consider numbers, compared to players from both a players era and other eras. On top of watching full games, which you can find.

Lol... Hilarious. Baseless, useless response. You're flailing. It's pretty well known that Moss did not go across the middle very well.

"he hit the ground to avoid a big hit"... Exactly. As I said, he shied away from contact. Which is a pretty big part of going across the middle.

I specifically explained that the first few years of Rice's career they did not count targets as a stat. However, if you take his average targets over his career, and attribute them to the seasons they were not counted. Rice STILL falls short of Moss in targets.

Rice demolishes Moss in EVERY single major statistical category all-time, and did so with less targets. In a run-first era of football.

So, now you are conceding that Rice's career resume demolishes Moss? Good, you're making progress towards finding enlightenment.

And now we've shifted from arguing that Moss's career was in fact good, to now falling back to the hypothetical; "Well... Moss didn't have as good of QB play!". Sorry, you're not judged for what MIGHT have happened in your career, if you had a hypothetical different circumstance. You're judged for what YOU DID.

Also, to act like Moss had poor QB play, is a joke. He had pro bowl QB's 50% of his seasons, to Rice's 57%. Is that enough to warrant the MASSIVE difference in numbers. Especially considering that he had LESS targets?

Again, it's over. You have no logical argument, except for baseless statements like; "But... BUT! HE was more explosive!"... Lol

If you weren't biased, and could look at it in terms of Player A vs Player B. You would never choose Moss.

Player A - Obliterates Player B statistically, and does so with less career targets. With pro bowl QB's in 57% of his seasons.

Player B - Falls WELL short of Player A statistically, despite having more career targets. With pro bowl QB's in 50% of his seasons.

I'll say it again...

If these were two RB's, with the discrepancy in numbers that Rice/Moss have... and the #1 RB had less career carries than the #2 RB. You would NEVER make an argument for that other RB.

It's over dude. Cut your losses. Stop embarrassing yourself, I feel bad now. You have no factual basis for your argument. It's all hypothetical scenarios and baseless nonsense.

Quit while you have some dignity.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you account for the early years of Rice's career, where they did not track targets as a statistic.

If you take his career average for targets (136) and tack that onto each of those seasons. He still falls short in targets to Moss.

The conversation is over.

Times targeted is a pretty irrelevant statistic. That stat doesn't take into account how poorly the pass might have been thrown, how tight coverage might have been, etc.

Non-Viking fans might not recall this, but back when we had the offensive genius Mike Tice for our head coach under cheapskate Red McCombs's ownership, he bluntly (and stupidly) revealed to the media that they were using what he called the "Randy Ratio". Basically, for a few years at least, the Vikings were so desperate to milk Moss (who was one of their only legit playmakers on the entire team for about 4 years of his time in Minnesota) for production to make up for the rest of the team acconplishing nothing, they flat out targeted him on 40% of passing plays. Furthermore, Daunte Culpepper, a notoriously inaccurate/inconsistent passer who was among the most overrated QB's of the early 2000's, was supremely reliant on being able to just bomb it to Moss, hence Culepper's swiftly tanking career when Moss left MN.

I'll say this again, I have nothing but respect for Jerry Rice. He was a great WR talent (though not as pyshically gifted as Moss or some others) with the work ethic for his trade that U.S. presidents should have at their job. Those factors combined put him in the same league as guys like Moss who didn't have the same work ethic/unwavering enthusiasm for the game of football, as well as being arguably #1 GOAT. All I'm saying is, people who don't have any perspective outside of Jerry's records (which are definitely incredibly impressive) have a closed mind about evaluating all time greats.

There isn't a single position in football that has an unquestionable, unanimously obvious single GOAT in the NFL. There's so many factors involved that the discussion for #1/top 5/ top 10/etc. is always somewhat open to debate.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Student of the game? Holy fuck that's funny! Thank you, I needed to laugh the Twins are losing it's been a tough day.

What does the players being in their 20's have to do with you being a know it all in your 20's? The difference is they are playing the game and around it every day, you are sitting at home telling people you are a student of the game, HUGE DIFFERENCE!

I watched every single game Moss played as a member of the Vikings, and many more after he left the team I can tell you without question he went across the middle I don't care what you think you know, you are wrong!

So also what you're saying is when going across the middle if he couldn't outrun them he should allow himself to get destroyed? Student of the game huh? lolzzz

I called you out on your bullshit 1,000 more targets comment and you hide behind some other bullshit.

When did I ever say Moss had more accomplishments? I don't even need to be a part of this conversation you just make up my part for me which is very typical of someone who hasn't a clue of what they are talking about.

Oh and your moronic comment about running backs, further proof of you not having a clue, carries and targets are different no? Carries the player actually has the ball, targets not so much... Targets prove absolutely nothing.

But seriously thank you for the laughter, it's been great, now off you go and oh try and get the paper a little closer to the front door tomorrow morning, thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said stats and rings. Moss is one of the greatest, however I fell Rice was the best. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Also if you read your own response, you also stated rings are important.

I said, "he is (as in Rice) ahead of most bc of rings", but I dont have him in front, bc IMO rings dont matter as much. Marino is top 3 maybe top 2 but he has 0 rings. Moss and Rice are 1a and 1b you cant go wrong with either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of baseless argument you always get from younger fans, who don't really know anything about Rice or the players before their time. "Moss was the most explosive!"... "The Packers drafted a bunch of DB's!"... Just aimless, baseless nonsense that means nothing and gives zero factual support to an argument.

If Moss is the most explosive player the NFL has ever seen. Then why didn't it result in the most explosive NFL career that the NFL has ever seen? Why does Rice's career resume DEMOLISH that of Moss's?

Moss was targeted over ONE THOUSAND more times than Rice, in his career. Yet...

All-time receiving yards:

1. Jerry Rice - 22,895

2. Terrell Owens - 15,934
3. Randy Moss - 15,292

All-time receiving TD's:

1. Jerry Rice - 197

2. Randy Moss - 157
3. Terrell Owens - 153

All-Time receptions:

1. Jerry Rice - 1,549

2. Tony Gonzalez - 1,325
3. Marvin Harrison - 1,102

(Moss, 15th with 982)

Receiving Yards Per Game: Rice 75.6... Moss 70.1

Highest Receiving Yardage Total in a Single Season: Rice 1,848... Moss 1,632

Moss was a better vertical threat, sure... but that's literally it. However, young fans who only get to look at highlight reels, just don't view Rice as being "as exciting as Moss". Well, he was... Moss was a better athlete, but Rice was easily the better receiver. Moss often shied away from doing many of the things that made Rice better than him. Rice went across the middle and wasn't afraid of a big hit, Rice moved the sticks, Rice blocked for his teammates, Rice ran every route on the tree phenomenally... and guess what? He'd ALSO beat you deep.

If you don't think that's "terrifying" to DC's, you're watching football wrong.

I dont think anyone is saying Rice wasnt a great threat. He is one or two ever, cant go wrong with either of these two greats.

You mention the Moss had more targets but you dont mention Rice had the best QB of all-time throwing to him and Moss had average at best QB's throwing to him basically his entire career. I still think Rice is the most complete WR of all-time but if you watched Moss on his prime he os no doubt the most explosive WR of all-time and the stats to back it up like Rice, he just never had a decent QB. Sometimes they would just throw it deep and hope he catches it. That wasnt the case for Rice, he always had the best QB. These guys are both the greatest IMO. 1a 1b

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone is saying Rice wasnt a great threat. He is one or two ever, cant go wrong with either of these two greats.

You mention the Moss had more targets but you dont mention Rice had the best QB of all-time throwing to him and Moss had average at best QB's throwing to him basically his entire career. I still think Rice is the most complete WR of all-time but if you watched Moss on his prime he os no doubt the most explosive WR of all-time and the stats to back it up like Rice, he just never had a decent QB. Sometimes they would just throw it deep and hope he catches it. That wasnt the case for Rice, he always had the best QB. These guys are both the greatest IMO. 1a 1b

I addressed all of this in follow up posts. Moss had pro bowl QB's in half of his NFL seasons, to Rice's 57% and Moss had his best season of his career with the GOAT QB (Brady). That's nonsense.

Also, less targets but better QB play does not = 7,000+ yards and 50 TD's better. That's a HUGE discrepancy in numbers.

There does not exist a debate for Moss, to be anything besides the 2nd best of all-time.

If you even begin to argue that Moss belongs on the same level as Rice, you are on the wrong side of the debate. Period. End of story.

You may as well argue that grass is purple.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I addressed all of this in follow up posts. Moss had pro bowl QB's in half of his NFL seasons, to Rice's 57% and Moss had his best season of his career with the GOAT QB (Brady). That's nonsense.

Also, less targets but better QB play does not = 7,000+ yards and 50 TD's better. That's a HUGE discrepancy in numbers.

There does not exist a debate for Moss, to be anything besides the 2nd best of all-time.

If you even begin to argue that Moss belongs on the same level as Rice, you are on the wrong side of the debate. Period. End of story.

You may as well argue that grass is purple.

He played 2 seasons in NE, Rice played with the BEST EVER his entire career. That comparison isnt even close and pro- Bowls QB's cant compare to the best ever, it isnt close. Cunningham had one good season in Minny but he was in his mid 30's and old, his Philly days were better. Culpepper threw over half his TD's in Minny to Randy. I guarantee if Moss had Montana throwing to him his career he would be breaking every record too. Like I said, Rice and Moss are the best ever but dont act like Rice did everything better than Moss bc it simply isnt true. THE records and rings get in the way of peoples' comparisons sometimes. We saw an older Moss play with one of the greatest WB's ever for a couple seasons if he would have played with a great his entire career like Rice did his stats would be just as insane. I mean if you watched Moss in his prime you would know. So yes there is a case. Period. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 2 seasons in NE, Rice played with the BEST EVER his entire career. That comparison isnt even close and pro- Bowls QB's cant compare to the best ever, it isnt close. Cunningham had one good season in Minny but he was in his mid 30's and old, his Philly days were better. Culpepper threw over half his TD's in Minny to Randy. I guarantee if Moss had Montana throwing to him his career he would be breaking every record too. Like I said, Rice and Moss are the best ever but dont act like Rice did everything better than Moss bc it simply isnt true. THE records and rings get in the way of peoples' comparisons sometimes. We saw an older Moss play with one of the greatest WB's ever for a couple seasons if he would have played with a great his entire career like Rice did his stats would be just as insane. I mean if you watched Moss in his prime you would know. So yes there is a case. Period. :suds:

He played 2 seasons in NE, Rice played with the BEST EVER his entire career.

Rice only played 5 years as a starter with Montana. Young began starting in 91.

That comparison isnt even close and pro- Bowls QB's cant compare to the best ever

Lol... He had pro bowl level QB play dude. What more do you want? That's more than most receivers get in his career. It certainly doesn't come close to explaining away 7,000+ yards and 50 TD's difference, despite less targets.

Cunningham had one good season in Minny but he was in his mid 30's and old, his Philly days were better.

What the fuck? Who cares how old he was when he had a great season? The point is, he played extremely well.

Culpepper threw over half his TD's in Minny to Randy.

No shit. He was his #1 WR, and the 2nd greatest WR to play (arguably). Do you think Montana/Young threw most of their TD's to Rice, during their years together as well?

You're proving my point here so far about having no argument.

I guarantee if Moss had Montana throwing to him his career he would be breaking every record too.

SHOCKER! More imaginary fantasies and hypotehticals!

Why? How can you make that assumption? We have also established that Rice had Montana for only a 1/3 of his career.

Honestly, 99% of people just shouldn't be able to have opinions regarding anyone they never watched play. Look at these absurd arguments you're making. It's utter fantasy. LMAO

Like I said, Rice and Moss are the best ever but dont act like Rice did everything better than Moss bc it simply isnt true.

LITERALLY... I don't have to make that argument. Rice's career numbers STAND TOWERING over that of Moss's. Both his career totals, and per game/per season totals. Moss was a better deep threat... that's it.

You have absolutely nothing to back this claim. There is no argument. Stop it. It's embarrassing.

THE records and rings get in the way of peoples' comparisons sometimes.

Oh yeah... those silly records Rice set. How could we EVER be stupid enough to take those into account? The hell are you talking about?

We saw an older Moss play with one of the greatest WB's ever for a couple seasons if he would have played with a great his entire career like Rice did his stats would be just as insane.

The fact you think Rice played more than a 1/3 of his career with Montana, shows how uneducated you are on all of this.

Also, still living in fantasy land, eh?

Your argument seems to be..."But... but... if Moss would have a better QB, he would have EASILY erased the 7,000 yard deficit between them!"... Lol. That's not an argument. It's hypothetical fantasy.

You're judged by what you accomplished. Not by what you MAYBE could have accomplished in a dream world.

I mean if you watched Moss in his prime you would know. So yes there is a case.

I've seen both, and there is no comparison. Evident by your complete ABSENCE of an argument.

Show yourself out.

You and the OP have displayed mind boggling ignorance. Which you should be ashamed of.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if randy had not said this:

"I play when I want to play," Moss said. "Do I play up to my top performance, my ability every time? Maybe not. I just keep doing what I do and that is playing football. When I make my mind up, I am going out there to tear somebody's head off. When I go out there and play football, man it's not anybody telling me to play or how I should play. I play when I want to play, case closed."

He still wouldnt be better than Rice.

But randy is among the GOATS...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1... Don Hutson
2... Jerry Rice
3... Randy Moss

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 2 seasons in NE, Rice played with the BEST EVER his entire career.

Rice only played 5 years as a starter with Montana. Young began starting in 91.

That comparison isnt even close and pro- Bowls QB's cant compare to the best ever

Lol... He had pro bowl level QB play dude. What more do you want? That's more than most receivers get in his career. It certainly doesn't come close to explaining away 7,000+ yards and 50 TD's difference, despite less targets.

Cunningham had one good season in Minny but he was in his mid 30's and old, his Philly days were better.

What the fuck? Who cares how old he was when he had a great season? The point is, he played extremely well.

Culpepper threw over half his TD's in Minny to Randy.

No shit. He was his #1 WR, and the 2nd greatest WR to play (arguably). Do you think Montana/Young threw most of their TD's to Rice, during their years together as well?

You're proving my point here so far about having no argument.

I guarantee if Moss had Montana throwing to him his career he would be breaking every record too.

SHOCKER! More imaginary fantasies and hypotehticals!

Why? How can you make that assumption? We have also established that Rice had Montana for only a 1/3 of his career.

Honestly, 99% of people just shouldn't be able to have opinions regarding anyone they never watched play. Look at these absurd arguments you're making. It's utter fantasy. LMAO

Like I said, Rice and Moss are the best ever but dont act like Rice did everything better than Moss bc it simply isnt true.

LITERALLY... I don't have to make that argument. Rice's career numbers STAND TOWERING over that of Moss's. Both his career totals, and per game/per season totals. Moss was a better deep threat... that's it.

You have absolutely nothing to back this claim. There is no argument. Stop it. It's embarrassing.

THE records and rings get in the way of peoples' comparisons sometimes.

Oh yeah... those silly records Rice set. How could we EVER be stupid enough to take those into account? The hell are you talking about?

We saw an older Moss play with one of the greatest WB's ever for a couple seasons if he would have played with a great his entire career like Rice did his stats would be just as insane.

The fact you think Rice played more than a 1/3 of his career with Montana, shows how uneducated you are on all of this.

Also, still living in fantasy land, eh?

Your argument seems to be..."But... but... if Moss would have a better QB, he would have EASILY erased the 7,000 yard deficit between them!"... Lol. That's not an argument. It's hypothetical fantasy.

You're judged by what you accomplished. Not by what you MAYBE could have accomplished in a dream world.

I mean if you watched Moss in his prime you would know. So yes there is a case.

I've seen both, and there is no comparison. Evident by your complete ABSENCE of an argument.

Show yourself out.

You and the OP have displayed mind boggling ignorance. Which you should be ashamed of.

So Rice only played 5 years with Montana, actually it was 6 so you are already talking out of your ass. But you are right, in comes Young who is another fucking hall of fame QB and he plays 7 more years with him so in other words injury season aside he played the first 13 years of his career with a hall of fame QB.

Pro Bowl caliber play huh, being you are a student of the game (still makes me chuckle) you would think you would understand that Moss made them Pro Bowl caliber, what the fuck did Daunte do without Moss??? I'll give ya the answer, he never threw more than 6 td's in a season when he didn't have Moss. Randall Cunningham was a good QB, lead the Eagles to the playoffs a few times but the Eagles were never seriously a contender. Then guess what, Randall Cunningham at age 35 has by far the best season of his career, I wonder if that had something to do with some rookie from West Virginia? It's almost like you are trying to be stupid.

Anyone else got anything? This kid has become boring...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to go back to the targets stat you threw up there to show us all what a student of the game you are.

In 14 seasons Randy Moss had 1741 targets

In 12 seasons that they actually recorded targets Jerry Rice had 1632 targets. (not counting his injury season of 1997)

I'm a little curious in those 7 amazing seasons 1985 - 1991 the great Jerry Rice had before they kept track of targets did he have negative targets to where somehow Moss would end up with 1000 more than he did? Or, was it just a case of you making it up as you go?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moss was the most talented, and greatest receiver to ever play the game. Jerry Rice is obviously right up there, and most would call him #1 with Moss perhaps not even being their #2. But let's consider a few things.

Stats - Rice played 7 more seasons than Moss. Longevity counts for something, but Moss's 14 seasons isn't a small number for a WR either. Compare Rice's first 14 seasons to Moss's 14 year career - Rice: 206 games played, 1,139 receptions, 17,612 yards, 156 TDs. Moss: 218 GP, 982 Rec, 15,292 yrds, 156 TD. Rice literally played an extra half of Moss's career (and close to that of Terrell Owens's 15 years) compared to Moss's more modest, yet not short 14 years, to pad his stats with. Again, Rice deserves credit for remaining productive for so long, but let's not pretend that guys like Moss couldn't have put up sinilar stats had they hung around on (mostly) decent teams like Rice did with San Fran and early 2000's Oakland towards the end of his career. Basically, bearing all this in mind, I don't think Rice's insane stats alone make him the undisputed GOAT.

QBs - Moss had far worse QB play for his career than Rice did, and this isn't even debatable. Moss had 2 1/2 years of Tom Brady and 1 year of an ancient Randall Cunningham, with the rest of his career consisting mainly of scrubs, overrated (Culpepper, who was never anything without Moss), and washed up QBs. Rice on the other hand, had the luxury of having Joe Manontana and prime Steve Young for the vast majority of his career, and prime Rich Gannon in Oakland towards the end. A side note to this - Moss was forced to waste 2 years of his peime in Oakland when the whole team was a dumpster fire, and played on 3 different teams due to trades in 2012, severly hindering his production that year.

So... based on all that. My list of the GOAT WRs -
1 - Randy Moss
2 - Jerry Rice
3 - Terrell Owens

What do you guys think?

Culpeppers best season was 2004 in which Mosss was mostly injured and Nate Burleson made a lot of money after that year. DC fell apart after that, but he was more than just throwing it up to Moss

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Rice fangirls, let's just end the discussion point blank.

Of any NFL head coach or defesnive coordinator since the inception of the NFL - give them the choices of facing a prime, motivated Jerry Rice, or prime motivated Randy Moss - 95% will pick taking on Rice over Moss. Combine that with Moss having played over 3/4 of his career with far worse QBs and teams in general than Rice, and Moss is hands down the best to have ever played the game at WR.

Logic.