• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Cavs go from here?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lottery? NBA basement?
Lottery like they have the last time LeBron went Bye Bye. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron. Top 5 lottery picks at best. Look forward to seeing if it will be Boston, Philly or someone else that steps up to fight for the top spot in the East now.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good run Wiggy. I always felt the Cavs should have blown it all up last year. Now they must. The process is the next step

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good run Wiggy. I always felt the Cavs should have blown it all up last year. Now they must. The process is the next step
why blow it up last year when you can make a run to the Finals agin?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy no one thought they could win a ring. Sometimes you need to know when to fold them, not just hold them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should keep: Sexton, Nance Jr., Osman, Hood

Cavs should deal: Love, Korver, Hill (expiring- only guaranteed 1M next year), JR (only guaranteed 3M next year)

Bottom out- try and acquire picks and young guys. DO NOT do what Miami did and try and compete and end up with early playoff exits and a bloated payroll and no draft picks.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumpsterfire..gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they try and get the 7 or 8 seed i will not be a happy camper.

I would not mind if they started the season with much of their roster intact to try and drive the value up for a couple guys, but they need another high lotto pick to add to Sexton.

Sexton is a great first piece to add though. I like Nance Jr., and Osman as well.

its back to the drawing board. After 4 years of crazy runs and a lot of memories its back to rebuilding. At the end of those 4 years with LeBron your roster just inevitably gets worn down and expensive just like happened in Miami. Its time for the Cavs to take a step back and develop some guys and make some long term moves instead of thinking so much in the short term.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time the Cavs tried to rebuild through tanking?

Yeah, me too..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they try and get the 7 or 8 seed i will not be a happy camper.

I would not mind if they started the season with much of their roster intact to try and drive the value up for a couple guys, but they need another high lotto pick to add to Sexton.

Sexton is a great first piece to add though. I like Nance Jr., and Osman as well.

its back to the drawing board. After 4 years of crazy runs and a lot of memories its back to rebuilding. At the end of those 4 years with LeBron your roster just inevitably gets worn down and expensive just like happened in Miami. Its time for the Cavs to take a step back and develop some guys and make some long term moves instead of thinking so much in the short term.

Nance is a backup on a playoff caliber team, not a starter on a ghood team.

And I really like him. He's just rather limited in what he can do.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time the Cavs tried to rebuild through tanking?

Yeah, me too..

In fairness they had a few high draft picks when Lebron left............but I guess you cant call that tanking.

No they really really need to tank.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current system in place, they should tank for 2 years. That would allow them to free up all the cap space they need for the 2020 offseason.
Tanking is the smart move for small market NBA teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in the East.

They could probably put jerseys on Mark Price and Brad Daughtery and find a way to make the playoffs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lottery? NBA basement?

The same place as the Lakers, not winning it all but they will get a much bette draft pick.

Lebron obviously went to LA for the future, their roster looks decent right now, just decent.

Now the Cavs, can literally waive JR and Hill if they wanted and trade Korver. We are talking about 41M. I imagine they keep some of those guys but unless Sexton turns out to be ROY they are looking at a top 5 pick which is perfect. If you don’t have a chance to win a title, the best place to be is very high in the lottery. If they were to trade Love, they have a top 3 wrapped up. I don’t think they trade Love bc next year a quality veteran could entice others to come. They could have 40-50M in cap next year with Love, Hood, Nance, Osman, Sexton and Clarkson on the roster with a top 5 pick. A lot of young talent. If they can hit on that draft pick and Sexton is a true player the future looks bright.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current system in place, they should tank for 2 years. That would allow them to free up all the cap space they need for the 2020 offseason.
Tanking is the smart move for small market NBA teams.

Yep and they can get top draft picks and have shown they can make the right pick, Kyrie, Lebron, Wiggins, etc. We will see how Sexton develops and how good he is

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah - that would have been stupid - but I thought their trade for the Lakers Nance Jr and Clarkson was an act of desperation and kind of stupid. I was glad to see those over-priced players go though:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same place as the Lakers, not winning it all but they will get a much bette draft pick.

Lebron obviously went to LA for the future, their roster looks decent right now, just decent.

Now the Cavs, can literally waive JR and Hill if they wanted and trade Korver. We are talking about 41M. I imagine they keep some of those guys but unless Sexton turns out to be ROY they are looking at a top 5 pick which is perfect. If you don’t have a chance to win a title, the best place to be is very high in the lottery. If they were to trade Love, they have a top 3 wrapped up. I don’t think they trade Love bc next year a quality veteran could entice others to come. They could have 40-50M in cap next year with Love, Hood, Nance, Osman, Sexton and Clarkson on the roster with a top 5 pick. A lot of young talent. If they can hit on that draft pick and Sexton is a true player the future looks bright.
I think they should trade Love for as many draft picks they can get including some from this year - get started this year

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could LeBron had worked out a sing and trade that would have benefited both the Cavs and the Lakers?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness they had a few high draft picks when Lebron left............but I guess you cant call that tanking.

No they really really need to tank.

see, but that's the thing, man. not everyone is gonna be able to rebuild the Boston or Philly way...

seems like everyone wants to try, though...