• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Stafford sign?

When will Stafford sign his new deal?

• Soon

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Before week 1

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • After week 1

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • He's Suhing the Lions and leaving town

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • He will be traded

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Texas, I don't expect Stafford to sign another long term deal with the Lions. Michigan is like a foreign country to him, but he wanted to win there. But the kiddos change everything. Quinn can tag him for a year or two, but I think Staff plays through it without a long term contract. Quinn can trade him at any time, and he'll bring a pretty penny.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would think he would be itching to get the long term deal done since he will be playing with nobodies protecting his blind side. The possibility of leaving on a stretcher in game 1 should be all the incentive he needs.

He has insurance should he ever suffer a career ending injury. That's not a good reason to take less money now when he can take more over the next this two seasons, then go wherever he wants for 30+ million a year.

What makes anyone think Stafford is any different from Barry, Suh and Cryin' Calvin?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I really hoped McHoody would be here this year.

Can't say I was huge on Hoody being the guy, I just didn't want Caldwell anymore. Jim IMO is Marv Lewis and I will keep saying that. He can get you there, but never good enough to go further.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from Texas, I don't expect Stafford to sign another long term deal with the Lions. Michigan is like a foreign country to him, but he wanted to win there. But the kiddos change everything. Quinn can tag him for a year or two, but I think Staff plays through it without a long term contract. Quinn can trade him at any time, and he'll bring a pretty penny.

Do you have a passport to for the home games?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a passport to for the home games?

I don't understand the question. In my defense, I must have gotten pretty stoned this afternoon. I was just sitting here thinking, "I think I'll finish that cup of coffee before I pour up a shot of tequila". Then I looked over there, saw that not only had I already poured up a shot of tequila, I'd already got a good start on it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the question. In my defense, I must have gotten pretty stoned this afternoon. I was just sitting here thinking, "I think I'll finish that cup of coffee before I pour up a shot of tequila". Then I looked over there, saw that not only had I already poured up a shot of tequila, I'd already got a good start on it.

Well, since your stoned, Michigan is a foreign country to a Texan.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since your stoned, Michigan is a foreign country to a Texan.

Foreign country! Passport! Now I get it. The gears are turning slowly. Just the way I like it.

I wish Stafford would play his entire career as a Lion. I don't think it's in the cards. I still have confidence that Quinn can build a winner without him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford - QB - Lions
NFL Network's Stacey Dales reports there's "internal optimism" Matthew Stafford will be extended in the next two weeks.

With Derek Carr resetting the market, the Lions should already have Stafford's deal in place. Stafford projects for close to the $25 million AAV the Raiders gave Carr, though he’s older and coming off a slightly worse 2016. The Lions are hoping to have something done around the start of training camp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he is getting closer.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will retire after being franchised this year then go on dancing with the stars and will bitch about how the Lions sucked and they didn't fall for his big contract negotiations.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford - QB - Lions
NFL Network's Stacey Dales reports there's "internal optimism" Matthew Stafford will be extended in the next two weeks.

With Derek Carr resetting the market, the Lions should already have Stafford's deal in place. Stafford projects for close to the $25 million AAV the Raiders gave Carr, though he’s older and coming off a slightly worse 2016. The Lions are hoping to have something done around the start of training camp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he is getting closer.

Hope I'm wrong about this one. Looking for a QB sucks ass.

It's nice that Quinn doesn't say a bunch of stupid shit.

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As negotiations go, the only leverage either side has is being able to convince the other that you're willing to walk away from the deal. I don't see this as having to come together any sooner than opening week, but it'd just be great to see it finalized. My outlook is that Stafford signs a very lucrative contract and commits to a five year extension. He's a quality quarterback by NFL standards, hasn't done anything to alienate the fan base, and is not the primary reason for the Lions lacking success over the period that he's played here. Looks to be an additional $125+ million heading his way soon.