• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Stafford sign?

When will Stafford sign his new deal?

• Soon

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Before week 1

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • After week 1

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • He's Suhing the Lions and leaving town

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • He will be traded

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you seeing that Stafford is gone?

Reports leaking. Not signing anything this summer. Will happily take the money coming to him, including a 30 mill + tag (which means he gets traded). No hurry to sign new deal. Rumor is wife wants kids in southern school district. No ties to anyone here. Calvin, gone, hates Lions. Suh gone, guys who drafted him gone, even WCF gone etc...zero ties to current Lions other than the fans, which who cares.

He's tired of the stigma, the 1-26 record vs. Winning road teams etc...

He gone.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will sign with the Lions just as soon as Martha moves the team to San Antonio.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not going anywhere unless Cooter leaves too. There is more than 1 cooter in his life pulling his strings.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not going anywhere unless Cooter leaves too. There is more than 1 cooter in his life pulling his strings.

Cooter will go with him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Stafford leaves, we will become the Browns, a place nobody wants to play, everyone wants to leave, and rookies fear being drafted by.

Barry
Suh
Calvin
Stafford

All. Gone.

Final nail in the coffin for this franchise. May as well sell the team and move them out of state.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Stafford leaves, we will become the Browns, a place nobody wants to play, everyone wants to leave, and rookies fear being drafted by.

Barry
Suh
Calvin
Stafford

All. Gone.

Final nail in the coffin for this franchise. May as well sell the team and move them out of state.

No more faith in BQ?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more faith in BQ?

I'll be interested to see what he does with our next HC and QB. Basically an expansion franchise once Stafford leaves. Going after Cousins and McD would not surprise me. Depends on what picks and how many we get for Stafford. I'd hope we get two 1sts.

And when Martha passes, maybe even the team gets sold and moves out of town. I could see it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see what he does with our next HC and QB. Basically an expansion franchise once Stafford leaves. Going after Cousins and McD would not surprise me. Depends on what picks and how many we get for Stafford. I'd hope we get two 1sts.

And when Martha passes, maybe even the team gets sold and moves out of town. I could see it.

McHoody coming in is the silver lioning for Detroit if they tank this season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McHoody coming in is the silver lioning for Detroit if they tank this season.

Can't see Caldwell getting a new deal. Won't be a playoff team. 9 wins max and that won't be enough this year imo

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see Caldwell getting a new deal. Won't be a playoff team. 9 wins max and that won't be enough this year imo

Caldwell should have been gone after last seasons collapse. I can't see BQ surviving either if he lets Stafford leave.

I would lose what faith I have in him.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BQ has really learned anything from his time with the Pats, it's you don't create turnover in the direction of the team if you want success. You keep the pieces you have that contribute, and deal what you have for the maximum value it produces to the team. Missing the playoffs isn't the reason to fire a coach but true incompetence is.
Caldwell is well liked in the locker room. His coordinators are improving each phase of the team. The draft process looks to be bringing in the right talent. Free agency was a net benefit. The biggest problem that I see the Lions facing in 2017 is coping with an injury to Decker. The ability to overcome that will be the test for Caldwell and his staff.
Signing Matthew is BQ's challenge. The market is what the market is, I can't see a team friendly contract in the offing, but it also looks like the management of resources is such that the Lions can afford to retain one of the better leaders in the league. Deals can take time to finalize. Regardless of the frustration that they provide to the fan base there is no reason to believe it will get done much before the deadline. Neither side has any incentive to give in before then.
For some Stafford will always be not enough of a QB; for me he's earned his starting spot for the Lions. Sign him and keep building on the foundations pieces that are solid and worth keeping.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ will most definitely be re-signing Stafford.

From the very get go, he said Stafford is untouchable and the centerpiece of the team. He will be paid top 3 QB money as well. You can argue if he is worth it or not but finding a franchise QB is to hard nowadays.

If anyone goes. It will be Ziggy, waaaaaay before Stafford goes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy is already past his prime.

Dudes barely a year younger than Staff. Was hoping to see him dealt pre draft.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ will most definitely be re-signing Stafford.

From the very get go, he said Stafford is untouchable and the centerpiece of the team. He will be paid top 3 QB money as well. You can argue if he is worth it or not but finding a franchise QB is to hard nowadays.

If anyone goes. It will be Ziggy, waaaaaay before Stafford goes.

BQ wants to sign Stafford, but Stafford is perfectly fine doing nothing, taking two 30+ million dollar tags (or being traded), then testing the open market.

Absolutely zero reason for him to sign anything. If he was going to get a deal done, he would have signed by now. Nothing holding it up.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ wants to sign Stafford, but Stafford is perfectly fine doing nothing, taking two 30+ million dollar tags (or being traded), then testing the open market.

Absolutely zero reason for him to sign anything. If he was going to get a deal done, he would have signed by now. Nothing holding it up.

The incentive for Stafford is the long term of a new contract creating stability and more guaranteed money versus the possibility of a career ending injury during the first tag year. You don't even have to look outside of the NFC North to see that freak occurrences can happen. One tag year does not equal the potential of a five year extension. However, until the last day to sign players offered a franchise tag, the market is still open to interpretation. The incentive to get a deal done just isn't balanced.

Let's see what happens after the window closes on Cousins and the Redskins. That may be the last deal to set the market for Stafford and his agent to work with as leverage.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The incentive for Stafford is the long term of a new contract creating stability and more guaranteed money versus the possibility of a career ending injury during the first tag year. You don't even have to look outside of the NFC North to see that freak occurrences can happen. One tag year does not equal the potential of a five year extension. However, until the last day to sign players offered a franchise tag, the market is still open to interpretation. The incentive to get a deal done just isn't balanced.

Let's see what happens after the window closes on Cousins and the Redskins. That may be the last deal to set the market for Stafford and his agent to work with as leverage.

Cousins isn't signing with the Redskins, so it seems. Looks like he wants to play in San Fran.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I would think he would be itching to get the long term deal done since he will be playing with nobodies protecting his blind side. The possibility of leaving on a stretcher in game 1 should be all the incentive he needs.