• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When is the inevitable Georgia letdown(s)?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill. I was more taking shots at LSU, Miss St. and the overreactive voters. I even mentioned I was exaggerating while making my point.

Plus I just got back from chasing my neighbors escaped dog through the neighborhood. Nothing personal.

To be fair, prior to the Miss State game, it did appear that LSU's defense was dominant, I mean, I know BYU is down this season, but I don't care if it's a high school team, holding a team to under 100 yards of offense and not allowing them to cross midfield the entire game is impressive. I'm as guilty as anyone of ranking LSU higher than we now know they should have been.

And since we all that the conceived notion about LSU, what Mississippi State did to them was impressive. I still think Miss State will have a solid season, and I think they have the second best QB in the conference, but on Saturday night, it became clear that at best they're a fringe top 25 team.

LSU has the talent to rebound and have a solid season, but that Orgeron hire is looking pretty bad right now.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chewbaccer is difficult to hate. I think he may not be an actual UGA fan.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Georgia takes care of business against UT & Vandy. But you never can tell when they get together with Florida. With Auburn, who knows? A lot of things by then can come down to each team's injury situation and whether Gus Malzahn has another of his "temporary insanity" bouts.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Georgia takes care of business against UT & Vandy. But you never can tell when they get together with Florida. With Auburn, who knows? A lot of things by then can come down to each team's injury situation and whether Gus Malzahn has another of his "temporary insanity" bouts.

Georgia vs Florida should always be a predicted Florida win until Georgia proves otherwise. And Georgia vs Auburn should always be a predicted Georgia win until Auburn proves otherwise.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia vs Florida should always be a predicted Florida win until Georgia proves otherwise. And Georgia vs Auburn should always be a predicted Georgia win until Auburn proves otherwise.

I pretty much agree with that assertion.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with that assertion.

Hard to go against the trends until said trends are broken. That line of thinking got me 8 points in the A&M-Arkansas game last week,

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to go against the trends until said trends are broken. That line of thinking got me 8 points in the A&M-Arkansas game last week,

Understandable. But bear in mind that this is the second year of a new regime at Georgia. Last year the Dogs pretty much underperformed as Kirby Smart was feeling his way around as a new head coach. With a year under his belt, it seems that the program may be a little more solid this year. Doesn't mean they still won't have one of "those" games, but they appear to be solidifying. And Florida has been underwhelming under Jim McElwain, so the Dogs might get it done in Jacksonville this year. And maybe at Tennessee this weekend.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Georgia only has 3 home games left? How many did they have for this season already?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Georgia only has 3 home games left? How many did they have for this season already?

3, but keep in mind, playing at Georgia Tech is pretty much a home game for Georgia, and it's a true 50-50 crowd in Jacksonville when we play Florida.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made it farther than expected