• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

when does sammy watkins become playable

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give him an over/under of 4.5 good games, ROS. Good being 12 points or better, standard.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins gets hurt too often. Otherwise Buffalo would have never gotten rid of him. He'll be around for about 3-4 more years max.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be "playable", at least not week to week. Without being a volume type receiver, and without a chance taker at QB, he's gonna be the guy who never had a good week when toy start him, but goes off on the bench every now and then. And that's assuming he doesn't end up on the trainer's table most weeks

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his time may be up sadly

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P. Sammy Watkins, football career ended at the ripe old age of 24......

probably will never do anything ever again, I mean, he's been with the Rams for at least a month now, why isn't he dominating all of the targets already?!?!?!

upload_2017-9-20_20-54-3.png

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P. Sammy Watkins, football career ended at the ripe old age of 24......

probably will never do anything ever again, I mean, he's been with the Rams for at least a month now, why isn't he dominating all of the targets already?!?!?!

View attachment 166512

It's not over reaction to be concerned about Goff's deep game. Sammy's talent is immense. There's just more to it than that.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is some serious over reaction. One he's only had a few games with a new QB and a partial off season, two the Redskins offense had the ball for almost 37 minutes and he was being covered by one of the best DBs in the league(Goff was smart to look the other way). Watkins when healthy has always been a boom/bust guy.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not over reaction to be concerned about Goff's deep game. Sammy's talent is immense. There's just more to it than that.

70% of Sammy's college production was screens and short passes it was one of his biggest knocks coming out. He can play the short game just as well as the deep ball.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70% of Sammy's college production was screens and short passes it was one of his biggest knocks coming out. He can play the short game just as well as the deep ball.
Sure, but just like djax, someone has to be the guy that's deep, and he's easily the best threat at that, so he's the unlucky one to draw those types most of the time. I think whatever he does get given what he's got to work with at QB will be a blessing. Until Goff gets comfortable, and good, at pushing the ball, most the targets will go underneath to Kupp, Gurley, Woods and the TE's. Not an overreaction, not anything other than a simple truth

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming to know the physical abilities or limitations of a 22yr old QB and 24yr old WR when they haven't been on the same team for more than a month is an overreaction, and thats a fact.

I forgot that the NFL never develops anybody, you get the exact same player they were in college with zero room for improvement.

Someone should let Trevor Siemian know that he's supposed to torpedo the value of manny sanders and DT, not keep them fantasy relevant. Cause us fantasy guys always get it right, lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming to know the physical abilities or limitations of a 22yr old QB and 24yr old WR when they haven't been on the same team for more than a month is an overreaction, and thats a fact.

I forgot that the NFL never develops anybody, you get the exact same player they were in college with zero room for improvement.

Someone should let Trevor Siemian know that he's supposed to torpedo the value of manny sanders and DT, not keep them fantasy relevant. Cause us fantasy guys always get it right, lol
ha yes sir

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad the Bills didn't realize that. Many a Mondays I woke up cursing the play calling. He probably had six short cross routes in his Buffalo career.

I think Sammy is amazing. I'm the last guy that will dog him.
But four or five games over 12 points in the next 14 games is not an over reaction in the sense it is too little. Do you guys really think he will have more? I implore you to check out Julio's game log last year.

I picked 12 for a reason. 7 for 110 is in reality a good game, even in fantasy... I picked 12 for a reason. If he gets five out of 14 games over 12, then he is a 1st round pick next year. (if the others are not complete duds)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the Bills didn't realize that. Many a Mondays I woke up cursing the play calling. He probably had six short cross routes in his Buffalo career.

I think Sammy is amazing. I'm the last guy that will dog him.
But four or five games over 12 points in the next 14 games is not an over reaction in the sense it is too little. Do you guys really think he will have more? I implore you to check out Julio's game log last year.

I picked 12 for a reason. 7 for 110 is in reality a good game, even in fantasy... I picked 12 for a reason. If he gets five out of 14 games over 12, then he is a 1st round pick next year. (if the others are not complete duds)

Just to clarify, i think the people saying he's done already are overreacting. 1/3 of his remaining games he's a top 20 WR? I think thats way more realistic than saying he's done.

And that's prob good enough to make him a top 40 WR for the year, which keeps him in the flex conversation weekly, imo

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think this is a good week to start him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt IMO

He's just a name to me now, and there are lesser names that are gonna be more productive from week to week

He is still capable of the Home Run ball, and that will happen a few times this season, but I wouldnt bank on that if you have decent options

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not a fact at all. No an overreaction at all. It's a logical assumption based on the only thing that we currently have, what's he did before, and what he is doing now. And I've never said he can't or won't take chances, just that he isn't currently, at least not on any kind of regular basis that would give anyone any reasonable certainty that Watkins will be given a better chance than he has been. That could happen this week, next, week 10, or never. My point being, if things stay as is, he's not going to be a good weekly play, something has to change in order for Sammy to be a strong play, and given all of 2016, plus what we've seen so far this year, assuming that change is just going to magically happen because it fits the narrative we'd like it to, is the dangerous assumption.

True, Trevor had been a pleasant surprise, but let's pump the brakes on pinning to much hope on beating up the Cowboys NCAA secondary without Scandrick. Not a good comparison when Goff couldn't get Sammy a good day vs the Colts

To be honest, I love Sammy, if given the right opportunity, and a full 16 games, he could be right up there with the other elites. Unfortunately, this is not the right opportunity, not as things sit currently

Last edited: