• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When do we get our first competitive TNF game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

I guess maybe week 8 when San Diego heads to Denver but man this has been bad.

I don't know what skins excuse is tonight though. Everyone was using the lame excuse of short week/travel as the road team got destroyed in the first 3 games. Skins were at home and got destroyed

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Cousins simply imploded like that. I'm not a big believer in Cousins but he looked pretty good in the first half and on the first couple of drives in the 2nd. The moment he threw that first pick he completely fell apart.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what skins excuse is tonight though. Everyone was using the lame excuse of short week/travel as the road team got destroyed in the first 3 games. Skins were at home and got destroyed

Yea. What a train wreck.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thursday games always suck and most always will. Its too quick of a turnaround after sunday games cor teams to properly prepare. They should get rid of all but the thanksgiving games on thjrsdays.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Cousins simply imploded like that. I'm not a big believer in Cousins but he looked pretty good in the first half and on the first couple of drives in the 2nd. The moment he threw that first pick he completely fell apart.

Lots of pressure on him it seems. People saying he's the new franchise QB, nationally televised game, Giants defense. I think they all contributed to his bad performance. I think he's a good young QB but if people doubt if Russell Wilson is ELITE, there's no way Cousins is ELITE. I think he showed he's not ready to truly be the man just yet. RG3 has new life.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already looks like all the shit games that end up on Monday night most of the year. How can you not get excited about a game like Tampa Bay-Minnesota in Mid November? :doh:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thursday games always suck and most always will. Its too quick of a turnaround after sunday games cor teams to properly prepare. They should get rid of all but the thanksgiving games on thjrsdays.

This. Teams have weekly routines. Shortening the time to prepare by three days is too much to allow teams to prepare to play their best.

Thursday football isn't going away, since it generates a lot of extra TV revenue, so why not let the Thursday games only feature teams coming off their byes?

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or move Thanksgiving to Sunday.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Teams have weekly routines. Shortening the time to prepare by three days is too much to allow teams to prepare to play their best.

Thursday football isn't going away, since it generates a lot of extra TV revenue, so why not let the Thursday games only feature teams coming off their byes?

What was Green Bay's excuse then? No short week there. They had all summer to prepare.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Green Bay's excuse then? No short week there. They had all summer to prepare.

LOL Imagine a Squawk fan trying to turn a thread about why Thursday night games typically feature low quality play into a thread affirming Seattle. Here's a clue: the short-week explanation is clearly inapplicable to Week 1. Seems pretty obvious that that should go without saying.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Imagine a Squawk fan trying to turn a thread about why Thursday night games typically feature low quality play into a thread affirming Seattle. Here's a clue: the short-week explanation is clearly inapplicable to Week 1. Seems pretty obvious that that should go without saying.

Holy crap man, try to relax. I would have said the same thing about whatever team won on the first week. It just happened to be Seattle.

The argument was "teams lose because of the short week to prepare", but that didn't apply in the first game so I pointed it out with a rhetorical question. It doesn't really matter anyways since its a short week for both teams so there is no advantage either way. Plus, they both get the added advantage of having an extra 3 days to prepare for their next opponent the following week too. It all works out.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap man, try to relax. I would have said the same thing about whatever team won on the first week. It just happened to be Seattle.

The argument was "teams lose because of the short week to prepare", but that didn't apply in the first game so I pointed it out with a rhetorical question. It doesn't really matter anyways since its a short week for both teams so there is no advantage either way. Plus, they both get the added advantage of having an extra 3 days to prepare for their next opponent the following week too. It all works out.

Of course that's not the argument, since that makes no sense. Of course there will be both a winner and a loser in any game, regardless of how long a time teams have to prepare. Rather, the argument is that the quality of play is consistently sub par when teams have only four days to prepare between games.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, there's a really simple explanation for that: I started him in my fantasy league after being sick of Tom Brady putting up points in the low teens.