• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your guys thoughts on the Wolves(Present and Future)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking those of you who watch the NBA regularly. It's a weird situation to me

Sure the first goal is to actually make the playoffs for once but what's the real ceiling for them these next few year?

They win big games then blow easy ones.

Early on Butler took a back seat in scoring to KAT and Wiggins. Jimmy is by far the best all around player and capable of focusing on other areas so he did that for a while.

Problem is we are seeing just how much better he is then those two right now(especially Wiggins) and we need Jimmy to be the alpha but Wiggins is borderline useless if he isn't scoring and Towns is lost more often then I'd like as well.

They are still young but isn't it going to be an issue going forward if Wiggins continues to not develop? Jimmy will just get older(that's if they even resign him) but they are paying Wiggins $125 mil to be a terrible 1 dimensional 3rd man and still have to pay KAT when he hasn't proven himself defensively and able to contribute when it's not his night on O.

Basically the problem I keep seeing is only guy of the 3 that has a well rounded enough game to "take a back seat" is also the only guy you can consistently trust to be "the guy".

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dieng needs more minutes. Sure Gibson has been good, but eventually Thibs needs to let go of his love affair with him. And KAT has been a weak spot defensively at center as a result.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure the first goal is to actually make the playoffs for once but what's the real ceiling for them these next few year?

Early on Butler took a back seat in scoring to KAT and Wiggins. Jimmy is by far the best all around player and capable of focusing on other areas so he did that for a while.

Problem is we are seeing just how much better he is then those two right now(especially Wiggins) and we need Jimmy to be the alpha but Wiggins is borderline useless if he isn't scoring and Towns is lost more often then I'd like as well.

They are still young but isn't it going to be an issue going forward if Wiggins continues to not develop? Jimmy will just get older(that's if they even resign him) but they are paying Wiggins $125 mil to be a terrible 1 dimensional 3rd man and still have to pay KAT when he hasn't proven himself defensively and able to contribute when it's not his night on O.

Basically the problem I keep seeing is only guy of the 3 that has a well rounded enough game to "take a back seat" is also the only guy you can consistently trust to be "the guy".

They should be trying some kind of Wiggins and Dieng in a deal for Brow type setup.

Never should've given Wiggins that crazy extension to begin with.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be trying some kind of Wiggins and Dieng in a deal for Brow type setup.

Never should've given Wiggins that crazy extension to begin with.

Cmon man. Be realistic. Wiggins and Dieng for Davis? That wouldn't be enough if Davis were a FA. He isn't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they are solid, but the only way they become a legit contender is if Townes becomes a legit superstar and Wiggins develops into the 2 way star everyone thought he would be.

Jimmy Butler is a very good player, but he is who he is. He is capable of carrying more load offensively, but that isn't good for the team long term, IMO. The Wolves need Wiggins and Townes to get better defensively and more consistent offensively, or they will just be an above average team.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expected better from them that this. Though a Towns/Wiggins/Butler trio would do some great things. Still they're 19-13 so it's not all that bad for the Wolves.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting better and are on the right path towards contention but they need two things to get there. If it doesn't change, they'll reach that Clippers level plateau of 2nd round playoff team and never anything more.

1) Shooting. I'd try to replace Dieng or Gibson with a guy that can stretch the floor more and I'd like to have more shooting off the bench as well

2) Doing everything possible to drill into Thibs' stubborn head to STOP PLAYING HIS STARTERS 40 MINUTES A GAME. You will NEVER be serious contenders if he continues to burn out his players. He did this in Chicago and in his season off from coaching, I saw some interviews where it looked like he was learning from his past mistakes. But since coming back, he's exactly the same as he ever was. He often gets compared to D'Antoni, his polar opposite (Thibs revolutionized defense, D'Antoni revolutionized offense). Well if you follow them, D'Antoni has been willing to change and adapt. Thibs stubbornly keeps coaching the same way as if winning the game he is currently playing is the most important thing ever.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good so far. But the transition was easier because two players had a familiarity with the coach and system. Lots of talent though. If Towns and Wiggins continue to develop they will be good. Butler is very good on several levels. Towns and Wiggins have very high ceilings. The bottom line with those two is the biggest question with all players with that level of talent. How good do they want to be? Is being the best of all time their goal? ( Not saying either could be. But you have to have that desire) Or are they happy being very good? I thing that will determine where this team peaks.