• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's wrong with the Devils?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been watching this series, so I'm looking to you guys and gals for help. I didn't give the Flyers much chance to advance over NJ, but they could take a stranglehold in the series with a win at home tonight. Can Boosh keep up his strong play between the pipes?

Last edited by a moderator:

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a series of matchup chess, Dash. Pronger vs. Parise, Timonen vs. Kovalchuk. In my opinion, the Flyers have improved with each game, while New Jersey has regressed. Game one, Boosh stole. New Jersey controlled the Flyers offensive zone, but the Philadelphia defense did a nice job of getting into shooting/passing lanes, and keeping scoring threats to the outside. Game two, Lemaire outcoached Lavy, plain and simple. He exploited the Flyers weaker 3rd D-pairing, and never looked back. Horrendous games by Jeff Carter and Matt Carle didn't help the cause either. Game three, the Flyers dominated at even strength. Boosh had to make 1 or 2 quality saves, and that's it. The only reason the game was close was the lack of discipline that is always associated with the Orange and Black.

Honestly, I think New Jersey drew their worst possible first-round opponent. People want to talk about Brodeur vs. Boucher (and they should, because on paper that is the biggest mismatch of the first round); however, upfront I think Philadelphia has the advantage.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea, but I hope it stays wrong! : )

This is the only series I haven't seen a single minute of this year. But a win by the Flyers would be a HUGE boon to the Caps if we get by Montreal.

After they acquired Kovalchuk, my immediate thought was 'oh, that may win them the Eastern Conference.' But they went 13-9-5 with him and are now 1-2 in the playoffs. I don't get.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacques Lemaire is a great coach but the time has come to say it

Pronger > Leamire

It's as simple as that.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't playing the Pens

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I <3 Chris Pronger!

I would only agree if he was on my team. As it stands, I only love that he is in the Eastern Conference now.
Bastard has been a thorn in the Wings side for years.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kovalchuk has been a huge disappointment to me and it just seems like the Devils have been too passive. I guess that's typical of a Lemaire team.

But they are just letting the Flyers dictate the play and last game Brodeur held them in or else the score could have been a lot worse. I thought the Devils would do pretty well but I just don't see it happening for them unless they start being more aggressive.