• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's their Record... If...?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new game I'm playing- It's called- "What's Their Record If"

Answer the Question- What's their record if...
- The multiple starters were not on injured reserve:
(Zach Miller, Willie Young, Quinton Demps, Kevin White, Jerrell Freeman, Cameron Meredith, Chris Prosinski, Jordan Morgan, Ka'Deem Carey, and now Leonard Floyd, Danny Travathan, Dion Simms, Kyle Long have all missed time)

:WTR if....the defensive starters, especially the DE/OLB's were all healthy the Defense would be much more dominant- A healthy rotation of those pass rushers would IMO create at least 3 more wins.
And curious what Kevin White and Cam Meredith would have brought at the start of the season. Doubtful that would have made much of a difference.

-WTR if...They started Trubs from day one:
I think they would be about the same... MAYBE one more win- with Trubs scrambling ability could have given them a couple more first downs in games against Falcons or close games that Glennon started, BUT I'm assuming he would have shown more "rookie mistakes" that early. It's a push.

- WTR if... They cut Conner Barth a week earlier?
Don't know how healthy the new kicker would have been a week ago, but I do think we at least tie that game. WIN one more game overall.

- WTR if... Cohen was given more chances/touches the past 4-5 games?
Nothing changes. Howard is the man.

- WTR if...

What you got? Happy Thanksgiving Bears Nation.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If john fox had any sense of urgency before the last 4 mins?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hurt my brain with this post. I don't wanna work that hard. But every team has what ifs. Most every team has multiple + important starters out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new game I'm playing- It's called- "What's Their Record If"

-WTR if...They started Trubs from day one:
I think they would be about the same... MAYBE one more win- with Trubs scrambling ability could have given them a couple more first downs in games against Falcons or close games that Glennon started, BUT I'm assuming he would have shown more "rookie mistakes" that early. It's a push.
( 2-3 more wins and trubs would be farther along) ( SEA started a rookie QB after paying big bucks for a FA QB but we did not have the balls to start who clearly gave us the better chance to win after watching practice and preseason. )
- WTR if... They cut Conner Barth a week earlier?
Don't know how healthy the new kicker would have been a week ago, but I do think we at least tie that game. WIN one more game overall. ( We have no one to kick this week, maybe barf could have been kept one more week)

- WTR if... Cohen was given more chances/touches the past 4-5 games?
Nothing changes. Howard is the man. ( Something happens, he gets double teamed and others benefit and Howard is the man)

What you got? Happy Thanksgiving Bears Nation.
( I'm offended by the word Thanksgiving, not sure why yet but i'll come up with something)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even have to play too big of a "what if" game...

We don't have to magically make players healthy. All we have to do is say what if...

"Jordan Howard catches the ball on the goal line vs Atlanta with 12 seconds left, down 4"

"Jordan's Howard TD run vs Minnesota doesn't get called back on a phantom holding call"

"John Fox doesn't throw the challenge flag on Benny Cunningam's reception vs GB, that he took down to the one"

"We don't have a botched/fumbled snapped, strangely kick right to a Lions LB in open field for a touchdown"

Hell, even in the Saints game. We were outplayed, but you can still do that with Miller's TD.

In every single loss with Trub, the game has come down to the final drive. All it takes is a few bounces going our way, and we could easily be 6-4/7-3. In possession of a Wild Card spot.

I mean, a lot of teams can say that stuff. However, EVERY loss with this team outside of TB/GB has come down to the final drive, and THOSE two losses were really only out of reach because of Glennon's combined... what? 9 turnovers. Some tough losses.

Last edited: