• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the Record for Firing 9 Win Coaches by 1 School???

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Tallahassee bent you over and made Detroit look good?

Ahhh Big 10 football. Misery is misery I guess
Stealing my backpack as I slept doesn't exactly make me a puss.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do miss my Eddie Bauer bag from 15 years ago.

What happened though honestly..? Did you pass out and someone took it? Where were you sleeping at?

Never heard of anyone besides Gaytor fans having a bad time in Tallahassee.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we can see that currently. Pretty obvious

Niceville tore Lincoln a new one.

My Heavens. I knew Niceville was good but damn. And Lincoln was playing down in class.
East Ridge didn't fare much better but we did score twice and we had a 350-mile same
day bus trip up there.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle
Majors
Fulmer
Jones (soon to be according to most fans)

We're trying to keep up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened though honestly..? Did you pass out and someone took it? Where were you sleeping at?

Never heard of anyone besides Gaytor fans having a bad time in Tallahassee.
At an ultimate frisbee tournament there was a bunch of people camping out (like 2-300 people) in this huge field. I had my bag on the outside of my tent and these kids came by with a giant pole and was sliding everyone's bags on the pole. Even stole some bags that were next to people sleeping without a tent. Eventually someone woke up and they threw down the pole and ran away.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama's got the 'Huskers beat.

Of their last 6 coaches prior to Saban...4 won 10 games their final season and one of them
(Shula) won 10 in his next to last year. Only Dubose tanked his final season.
Perkins went 10-3 his finale. Curry was 10-2, Stallings was 10-3 and Francy was 10-3.

And I'd offer ND. Since ND had a head coach for the first time (1894), they've had 30
coaches. 26 of those coaches were there for 77 seasons. 4 of them were there for 46
seasons.

The 4 coaches that were there for 46 were Rockne 88.8 winning pct. Leahy 85.5%,
Ara 83.6% and Holtz 76.5%.

They aren't going to put up with anything less. Now ND, because of their goody-two shoes
nature, let's them get their 5 years in...unless you're Charlie or Ty. (maybe Kelly has something
on the head Priest). BUT, the expectation is 80% wins. Anything else and you gotta go.

Bama. They damn well are the same way. If Saban had back-to-back 7 win seasons, they'd be
scheduling Mayflower. Those fan bases will not put up with that.

I don't have issues with programs who DEMAND EXCELLENCE. That's why they are always
excellent. Being very good, doesn't cut it.

I get irked with FSU, because I think we baby Fisher too much. He's over 80% in wins
and 13-1 vs Miami and UF. 'Course when have UM and UF been as collectively bad as they
have been lately. I get irked by who we lose to. Clemson beats us or Bama beats us...I can
handle that. They're good football teams. But when Ga Tech plays an entire season and beats
only 1 Power 5 team and it's us...I have an issue with that. When Houston whips our ass
in a bowl...I have an issue with that. Now folks tell me, "we lost our QB in that game." I kinda
reply..."Fisher is supposed to be the greatest QB Coach the good Lord ever put on the earth, how
come we don't have another one who knows the plays?" I have issues with stuff like that.

Thank God for Jamies Winston.

And even that was an issue. If Jimbo spent a little less time worrying about who was sleeping
in Winston's bed and more on who was sleeping in his, he'd probably still be married.

I have no issues with Nebraska canning coaches who don't reach their expectations.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO part of that was the firing of Coach Curry. Coach Bryant left the cupboards a bit bare and Coach Curry was righting the ship. IMHO he was brought in to be fired after changing some of Bear's traditions, like tearing down the tower. He did lose to Auburn 3 times in a row and that was a cardinal sin.

I have maintained that Coach Cutcliffe has the best job in the NCAA because of this.

Not even close. Ferentz has it made. Doesn't have to compete for conference titles or NC's and is one of the highest paid coaches in the country. Fuck's sake, the man receives raises for losing seasons. Nobody has made better than Ferentz. As I typed this, Iowa just gave him a raise and an extension for barely beating Iowa State....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also eager to see if the Corn Fuckers will hire away another coach who finished his year at 5-7 at his previous school?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fired Coach Curry after a 10-1, top 5 season if memory serves.

Cause we wasn't from Bama, not because of his coaching ability.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause we wasn't from Bama, not because of his coaching ability.

He was hired to break Bear's traditions and be fired, IMHO.