• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the minimum, and maximum time that Trubisky sits?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a Glennon injury...

Scenario A: Glennon plays very good football in 2017, and the Bears exceed expectations. They go 10-6, earning a WC playoff berth. Let's say Glennon posts 24 TD's 10 INT's 61% CMP and a 94 QB Rating. Nothing out of this world, but a very nice season.

I think it's safe to say that from there, Glennon would still be our 2018 starter. After his first year, we have the option to cut him loose with only a small penalty. However, we can also keep him up to four on this deal. If he continues to play well, and never suffers an injury that keeps him out for an extended period of time. How long do we let it ride with him? Do we continue to play him until either his deal is up, or he falters? Do we use his new-found value on the trade market?

Scenario B: Glennon struggles, the team struggles. We're at the halfway point of the upcoming season, and we're 1-7 or 2-6. The team has said Trubisky needs time to learn and grow at the NFL level. Most agree that it would be a mistake to toss him into the fire early on, and that the Bears should stick with Glennon for a while. Regardless of what is happening on the field.

Obviously the fans will start to cry for Trubisky immediately upon the season getting away from the team, but what's a realistic date for the first start if we do indeed struggle?

I don't think I can see him playing (barring injury) until December. No matter how shitty we are, and I think that's the right move.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MT will start as soon as the team around him shows they are good enough to support him.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MT will start as soon as the team around him shows they are good enough to support him.

bold prediction! No Trubisky until 2020 at the earliest? A true mimicry of Green Bay, with Glennon = Favre.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bold prediction! No Trubisky until 2020 at the earliest? A true mimicry of Green Bay, with Glennon = Favre.

^^^ Even going back to our days on the ESPN forum, I don't recall having a troll from the AFC... much less the Bills fanbase. lol

Very odd occurrence.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can put a date or time on it. He'll play when he does. MY hope is that he doesn't see the field this year. Unless it's in mop up duty because we are winning by 21 in the 4th. But that's doubtful.
I've said it again and again... In order to protect Trubs, we have to support Glennon. That's what concerns me this year- Mike will have an okay game with one pick- the defense will give up the lead or the special teams will give up a return... And the media and fans will start calling for Mitch, as if that would be the answer to busted coverage by a rookie DB or a shanked field goal or something silly.

Now... as long as we still have a healthy OLine- and are well out of the playoff picture- I don't have a problem giving him a start or two the last 2 games of the year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can put a date or time on it. He'll play when he does. MY hope is that he doesn't see the field this year. Unless it's in mop up duty because we are winning by 21 in the 4th. But that's doubtful.
I've said it again and again... In order to protect Trubs, we have to support Glennon. That's what concerns me this year- Mike will have an okay game with one pick- the defense will give up the lead or the special teams will give up a return... And the media and fans will start calling for Mitch, as if that would be the answer to busted coverage by a rookie DB or a shanked field goal or something silly.

Now... as long as we still have a healthy OLine- and are well out of the playoff picture- I don't have a problem giving him a start or two the last 2 games of the year.

You've really got to stop getting so caught up with what fans say... as if it matters. Every fan base is stupid and reactionary. Every city has media that sensationalizes. Some worse than Chicago. It's irrelevant...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need bold. Need common sense. Besides Injury to Glennon at some point is very likely and MT will be pushed into action. But 2020 is bold and makes no sense, if that's what you were going for. We have Glennon not Favre in front of MT. lol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need bold. Need common sense. Besides Injury to Glennon at some point is very likely and MT will be pushed into action. But 2020 is bold and makes no sense, if that's what you were going for. We have Glennon not Favre in front of MT. lol
We will see Sanchez before we see MT this year. In fact, we might even see Shaw before we see MT this year if he can stay on the practice squad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me that is a Cleveland Browns joke and not real...PLEASE

I am going to pretend like you didn't even entertain the notion of that being serious...

:L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see Sanchez before we see MT this year. In fact, we might even see Shaw before we see MT this year if he can stay on the practice squad.

What do you mean that we'll see Sanchez before MT? In the pre-season?

Sanchez will be fighting with Shaw just to make the regular season roster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, calm down ya fucking weirdo.

That makes sense...

The guy getting bent out of shape over a Bears logo blatantly plastered on a Browns helmet. Who is dropping F bombs and name calling... Tells the guy who pointed out how fake the link was, to calm down.

I'm just going to give you a pass for this entire interaction, and assume you're having a rough day.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense...

The guy getting bent out of shape over a Bears logo blatantly plastered on a Browns helmet. Who is dropping F bombs and name calling... Tells the guy who pointed out how fake the link was, to calm down.

I'm just going to give you a pass for this entire interaction, and assume you're having a rough day.

That's what the entirety of SportsHoopla did for you during your recent month-long experimentation with huffing gas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in week 1 or 2. After that Trub will be the 2 and starting by week 8. By week 8 the WR & TE's will prove to be good enough to use the rookie. Trubs will not sit long. He might even start the season as the 1. If he lights it up in camp and preseason.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what the entirety of SportsHoopla did for you during your recent month-long experimentation with huffing gas.

There's still people who don't realize that wasn't me, but that's fine...