• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Next For The Lakers?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have expressed interest in Noel and Milsap, but are refusing to give up anything of real importance. I'm seeing articles agree with my stance that the Lakers will most likely stand pat. Unless they get something real good from a contender for Nick Young, I don't expect any real significant move.

That last game against Portland was an embarrassment on the level of that 40 point blowout against Golden State. They decided to get in Lillard's face then shrink during crunch time. Lillard is a one-man wrecking crew capable of sinking of team like the Lakers by himself. Need to see improvement. The offense was an absolute joke after the confrontation.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have expressed interest in Noel and Milsap, but are refusing to give up anything of real importance. I'm seeing articles agree with my stance that the Lakers will most likely stand pat. Unless they get something real good from a contender for Nick Young, I don't expect any real significant move.

That last game against Portland was an embarrassment on the level of that 40 point blowout against Golden State. They decided to get in Lillard's face then shrink during crunch time. Lillard is a one-man wrecking crew capable of sinking of team like the Lakers by himself. Need to see improvement. The offense was an absolute joke after the confrontation.

Heard this earlier today at work. Nerlens would've been a nice piece to add imo but who would we have to give up

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this earlier today at work. Nerlens would've been a nice piece to add imo but who would we have to give up
The question is who would we want to give besides Nick Young and right now he is playing pretty good too. I don't think the Lakers are quite ready to be making trades in the terms of making the playoffs. By the end of this season, though It might be possible

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is who would we want to give besides Nick Young and right now he is playing pretty good too. I don't think the Lakers are quite ready to be making trades in the terms of making the playoffs. By the end of this season, though It might be possible

fairly certain Noel's gonna be a free agent after this season anyhow. might be wrong on that, though...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fairly certain Noel's gonna be a free agent after this season anyhow. might be wrong on that, though...
There is a qualifying offer for Noel for 5.8 million and quite frankly, I don't think he's worth it. 7 ppg and 3 rebounds is not spectacular for a player in his third player that should be balling.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a qualifying offer for Noel for 5.8 million and quite frankly, I don't think he's worth it. 7 ppg and 3 rebounds is not spectacular for a player in his third player that should be balling.

Well, he DOES have 2 other bigs playing in front of him named Okafor and Embiid, so there's that...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he DOES have 2 other bigs playing in front of him named Okafor and Embiid, so there's that...
Looks like they are playing him at the PF position behind Ersan, but I haven't been watching the games, but his minutes haven't been plentiful. He didn't even play in the first until December. Somehow, I just don't think he is interesting to me. Honestly, I like what we got. I'd would hate to mess around with the chemistry until the season is over - but they don't listen to me any more than your wife listens to you

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Lakers are going to make this type of move, I think I'd prefer Noel over Millsap. Millsap is 31, will be an unrestricted FA and is unlikely to re-sign with a building team like the Lakers when he can go someplace else and play for a contender.

Noel, on the other hand, is only 22, so he would fit right in age wise with our young core and he is a restricted FA.

I agree though, I don't see the Lakers making any significant moves unless the proverbial "offer they can't refuse" falls in their lap.

Life with a young core. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Sometimes it's 1 step forward, 1 step back. Consistency in effort and play are the 2 biggest areas that young guys struggle with. From what I've read about this teams work ethic, I think they'll get it figured out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly-

Noel has talent and has a nice skill set- but he is a restricted free agent - do you want to pay him- thats what you have to think about when you are trading for this guy. He will get an offer that is pretty compelling from someone- and if you trade for him you will have to match.

I think he is worth a look because i think he is fast enough to be a very good pick and roll defender- and he can roll to the basket.....but we shal lsee what happens.