• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whatever happened to...

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going way back or anything, just wondering what in the fuck happened this year on the DL?

Dimon, Walker, etc...

These guise showed so much promise and then just apparently laid down? Were they pissed that so many young guise were getting playing time? I know it goes directly in the face of the mindset at OU for many years now...that tenured guise always got the benefit of the doubt.

Was this the last residue of Jerry Montgomery?

Has the new DL coach(es) gone in some real weird tangent schematically compared to Monty?

Is this to be chalked up to Reynolds, Mike, Bob...all three or some combination of the three?

We always have attrition, but this year the DL really seemed to face the brunt of it.

15 gd linebackers... :L

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 gd linebackers..

And they all overpursued/got held up in traffic/hit the wrong holes/out of position
like the 3 stooges.

But seriously. The entire Defense took a big crap this year.
Same as usual under Mike.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going way back or anything, just wondering what in the fuck happened this year on the DL?

Dimon, Walker, etc...

These guise showed so much promise and then just apparently laid down? Were they pissed that so many young guise were getting playing time? I know it goes directly in the face of the mindset at OU for many years now...that tenured guise always got the benefit of the doubt.

Was this the last residue of Jerry Montgomery?

Has the new DL coach(es) gone in some real weird tangent schematically compared to Monty?

Is this to be chalked up to Reynolds, Mike, Bob...all three or some combination of the three?

We always have attrition, but this year the DL really seemed to face the brunt of it.

15 gd linebackers... :L

Couple of things. Walker is a pussy who abandoned his team to try to protect his draft status. Dimon never was that good. High motor, but undersized and got manhandled against any physical line he went against. Losing Tapper hurt worse than we expected though, not to mention Bledsoe getting popped for whatever it was he took.

Basically, in a 3-4 your linebackers are the playmakers. Problem is, we're playing converted safeties at inside linebacker. They're finally recruiting the kind of guys needed to make plays at the position, and I'll be pissed if Beal is starting next year. He overruns everything. I think next year will look a lot better on the line with Gallimore, Lampkin, and Overton.