• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the NBA would block a LeBron to Warriors move like they did Paul to Lakers.

LeBron to Warriors would make this entire league a joke and pointless for the next 3-4 years to follow. Of course the die hard NBA fans will saying, "It's not about the wins or losses, or championships, I enjoy watching the young players develop"

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this would be a big time thread- and right now the conversations are across a number of them.

My opinion is that his MOST Likely avenue is staying in Cleveland- but that is under a 50% probability.

Right now this is what my percentages are- and they are of course subject to a million things that could change before now and the beginning of July

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: 35%
2. Los Angeles Lakers: 25%
3. Philadelphia 76'ers: 20%
4. Houston Rockets: 20%

If just pure going for a ring is most important to him- it will be Houston. He will force his way there and they will move mountains to get him. If he says- I want to go there. He will get there.

If he wants to stay in the East- and be on a team that is very talented- but could use his leadership- he will go to Philly.

If he wants to try and shake things up and make a big story out of it- he will go to LA

If he wants to protect his legacy he will stay in Cleveland.

If he stays with Cleveland, and Cleveland can bring in a solid player on the MLE, and a solid player with the trade of the #8 pick- this is a very solid option for him. It depends what they can add. If they can say, add a good 3 and D wing on the mid level thats ring hunting, and a player like McCollum with the pick. I think he stays in Cleveland.

If the Lakers can pull off getting 2 max players- by signing LeBron and George, and then say trading some of their young guys for a third max player- the Lakers become an option. If PG resigns in OKC you can take the Lakers off the table.

If Philly fires Colangelo and hires Griffin I think all of a sudden they get a leg up. LeBron likes and respects Griffin and it would give him a connection to Philly and a little bit of cover as to not look like a mercenary.

If he wants to simply win and win big then going to Houston is the play. I dont think LeBron wants to share the ball that much though- and even if he wins a title there- does it really improve his legacy that much winning with Harden and CP3? If he wants to share the load with other true superstars this is the way to go.
Staying in Cleveland would make sense. He has a player option, will still go to the finals and gives Cleveland one last chance to turn it around, but he is not exactly a young player any more - Waiting with one year deals could prove to be risky in the even he gets injured - then he would have a broken body and no guaranteed $$$$$$

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the NBA would block a LeBron to Warriors move like they did Paul to Lakers.

LeBron to Warriors would make this entire league a joke and pointless for the next 3-4 years to follow. Of course the die hard NBA fans will saying, "It's not about the wins or losses, or championships, I enjoy watching the young players develop"
That's not going to happen - the Warriors are capped out - LeBron would have to take a huge pay cut - and Curry is already going to earn 37 million - Just not possible

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He SHOULD stay in Cleveland.
But unless the Cavs can bring in all-stars to surround him he will bolt to the team with the most stacked roster waiting for him.
Houston and Philly seem like likely destinations. Houston should know though that getting LeBron means good bye to D'Antonio and that offense as LeBron in that system just don't go together, he's aging.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said atlanta or jersey as well
They are not in the running either. The four teams under consideration are:

Los Angeles Lakers - Plenty of money
Philadelphia 76ers - 44 million signed next year
Cleveland Cavaliers - player option
Houston Rockets - 78 million signed next year - so that's a possibility

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not in the running either. The four teams under consideration are:

Los Angeles Lakers - Plenty of money
Philadelphia 76ers - 44 million signed next year
Cleveland Cavaliers - player option
Houston Rockets - 78 million signed next year - so that's a possibility
joking broski

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one of these?

The beach.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a Ws fan and I agree with this. The league won't allow it and frankly I don't think the Warriors have the slightest interest either

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs on the other hand--- lets just have a hypothetical where they deal LeBron to Houston for Gordon and one 1st.

Theyd have the Brooklyn pick. All their own picks after this year. houstons first. They could move Gordon for a first pretty easily. They could move Love easily for a first or more.

What's the Cavs history amount to, minus James?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Ws fan and I agree with this. The league won't allow it and frankly I don't think the Warriors have the slightest interest either
That's just not going to happen - The Warriors for one thing does not need LeBron - And they would prefer to have him play against him so they can say they played a legitimate team while giving LeBron a good asswhipping

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James leaves the Cavs.....he'll retire with another team.....he won't be heading back for a 3rd go around.

Unless, he signs a 1 day contract at 38-39 to retire a Cav.