• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the sixers being an incredibly real possibility more and more.
I agree. I think a Miami is a dark horse. I think he goes to Chicago before he goes out west and there’s absolutely 0 chance of that happening.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with your scenario is that Love's not going to garner a ton of trade value with his contract going forward. His value has diminished. Also, as you pointed out, Houston's picks will be late 1st round picks where you have to hope that your scouting department works out.

Korver's 37 years old. He still has some value, but his play could drop at any moment.

I also wouldn't talk shit about the Cavs scouting department compared to the Heat's. You keep mentioning that all of these team's are going to give up a bevy of draft picks, yet keep telling us how teams are holding draft picks at a premium now. Besides, the Heat have found gems at 2nd round picks whereas the Cavs have draft busts with top 5 picks.
i think your smoking crack saying Love's value has diminished to the point where you could not get at least 1 or 2 first rounders for him

Made the last 2 all star teams- can still EASILY be 18 and 9 and shoot threes as good as any big man in the league and pass as good as any big man in the league. Phoenix would absolutely love a veteran like that to space the court for Ayton and Booker and rebound with those guys.

The Heat's scouting department? cmon man. you dont have any picks anyway! lol. that heat scouting department turned down 4 first rounders in order to draft Justice Winslow. They gave Tyler Johnson a MONSTER contract. They gave Dion WAiters a large contract when the year before no one would give him anything.

no way would i take the Heat's situation over the Cavs even if LeBron left.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, for those keeping score at home. Wiggy has said that Lebron got tired of the Heat's cheap ways because they weren't willing to use the MLE his final year. Fair enough, I'll entertain it.

Let's take a look at this last year:

- Lebron requested that the Cavs DON'T trade Kyrie. Result: They traded Kyrie
- Lebron through public perception hoped that the Cavs held onto Griffin (a quality GM). Result: Gilbert fired Griffin over money (but Gilbert's willing to outspend the league).
- Lebron wanted the Cavs to trade the Brooklyn pick for more help. Result: Cavs stood pat. Lebron's had to exert the most effort he's done in his Finals streak just to get this team here. The pick where a lot thought would be a top 3 pick, now has nowhere near it's actual value compared to its perceived value back in February.

If you think Lebron's going back to Cleveland once Cleveland presumably builds back up its assets (mind you they were working with 5 top 5 picks in a 4-year time frame). And with Gilbert still the owner, I really don't know what to tell you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love's not bringing in multiple 1st rounders - he's a player who's play has diminished and is often injured. LOL

Bam's also better than TT. That's hilarious.

Also - TT, JR and Hill are not worth what they are signed for. See how that shit works? At least I'm willing to admit that the Heat are going to have to ride this roster out for the next 2 years. You're hoping for a lot of things to fall into place. This is fucking hilarious.
Bam is basically a poor mans TT in everything he does. Hes practically the same player just not as good. Look at any measurable you want from early in their careers. They are the same guy- a 4 who can guard multiple positions. Except- i HIGHLY doubt Bam goes for 12 and 9 next year like Thompson did his 2nd and 3rd years in the league.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think a Miami is a dark horse. I think he goes to Chicago before he goes out west and there’s absolutely 0 chance of that happening.

I've heard Lebron patched things up with Riley. Hell, if he forgave Gilbert, don't see how he wouldn't with Riley. Only way I could see that happening is if he misses Miami and trusts Riley to maneuver the roster.

Even with my homer goggles, I'd give Miami a .037% chance at landing Lebron. And that's being generous.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will LeBron do this summer? Join the hair club for men?:noidea:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam is basically a poor mans TT in everything he does. Hes practically the same player just not as good. Look at any measurable you want from early in their careers. They are the same guy- a 4 who can guard multiple positions. Except- i HIGHLY doubt Bam goes for 12 and 9 next year like Thompson did his 2nd and 3rd years in the league.

Bam is more athletic than TT. And Bam can actually shoot. At this stage, Bam's still improving while TT is what he is - just a good who can set picks and rebound.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, for those keeping score at home. Wiggy has said that Lebron got tired of the Heat's cheap ways because they weren't willing to use the MLE his final year. Fair enough, I'll entertain it.

Let's take a look at this last year:

- Lebron requested that the Cavs DON'T trade Kyrie. Result: They traded Kyrie
- Lebron through public perception hoped that the Cavs held onto Griffin (a quality GM). Result: Gilbert fired Griffin over money (but Gilbert's willing to outspend the league).
- Lebron wanted the Cavs to trade the Brooklyn pick for more help. Result: Cavs stood pat. Lebron's had to exert the most effort he's done in his Finals streak just to get this team here. The pick where a lot thought would be a top 3 pick, now has nowhere near it's actual value compared to its perceived value back in February.

If you think Lebron's going back to Cleveland once Cleveland presumably builds back up its assets (mind you they were working with 5 top 5 picks in a 4-year time frame). And with Gilbert still the owner, I really don't know what to tell you.
its a lot better plan, and a lot more effective plan then what the Heat did after LeBron left--- sign a bunch of mediocre players to big contracts and trade away all your picks.

get like 3 lotto picks, and a handful of other first rounders to throw some darts at the wall...and clear a bunch of cap space. To me thats exactly what a team should do--- not try and get the 7th seed and get their shit pushed in in the first round like your Heat and have no cap space or picks to improve.....maybe Waiters and Tyler Johnson will become stars! lol.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron wants to stay in Cleveland, but look at those contracts. They're really bad.

I think he's staying in the East too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami couldnt cleaer the cap space if they wanted to. They are so far over the cap and have so many bad contracts and basically no draft capital to get under from under any of them.

there is a better chance LeBron plays for me in my driveway league against the guys down the street.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to put percentages on it, but here are the options I think:

1) 76ers
2) Celtics
3) Spurs
4) Lakers
5) Cavs
6) Other team via Trade in the East

I think Lebron's motives obviously are going to be Championship aspirations. I picked the teams that I think give him the best shot at that. Philly is the best option because he gets to come in as a savior of that young team that floundered in the playoffs this year. It's the best look for his legacy in terms of being able to put that team over the top and improve them.

Celtics are a strong number 2, and could put together the best potential spot for him IF its what the Celtics want. He'd get to play for a legendary franchise, a great coach, great young talent that can help carry the load. Best spot for him to sustain his career without having to do it all, IMO.

Spurs have crept up to 3rd, the more I think about it. If he comes on board and is able to get Kawhi to stay, they'll have a formidable squad. Few things would need to go right by way of trade, but Lebron and Pop would be a crazy good pairing. Pop would make the game so much easier for Lebron and also allow him to thrive.

Lakers are a bit lower only because there's other factors at play. The roster is incomplete and he'd need to join up with another player to make it work there. Plus the talent remaining there would be on the lower end of the spectrum.

Cavs I have as 5th because he'd still have a great shot to make the finals next year, even with this same exact squad. They'd be just as flawed, but still have a great chance to get back there. All Lebron really needs is a chance in the finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a lot better plan, and a lot more effective plan then what the Heat did after LeBron left--- sign a bunch of mediocre players to big contracts and trade away all your picks.

get like 3 lotto picks, and a handful of other first rounders to throw some darts at the wall...and clear a bunch of cap space. To me thats exactly what a team should do--- not try and get the 7th seed and get their shit pushed in in the first round like your Heat and have no cap space or picks to improve.....maybe Waiters and Tyler Johnson will become stars! lol.

So just roll over and hope you get 3 #1 picks in 4 years......and still have the roster you have. That's rich. You think Lebron's going to trust your front office going forward? At least Riley put around a quality roster that didn't need to be hauled to the Finals like Lebron did this year. You take Lebron off of this roster, it'd be the most embarrassing team in NBA history.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think your smoking crack saying Love's value has diminished to the point where you could not get at least 1 or 2 first rounders for him

Made the last 2 all star teams- can still EASILY be 18 and 9 and shoot threes as good as any big man in the league and pass as good as any big man in the league. Phoenix would absolutely love a veteran like that to space the court for Ayton and Booker and rebound with those guys.

The Heat's scouting department? cmon man. you dont have any picks anyway! lol. that heat scouting department turned down 4 first rounders in order to draft Justice Winslow. They gave Tyler Johnson a MONSTER contract. They gave Dion WAiters a large contract when the year before no one would give him anything.

no way would i take the Heat's situation over the Cavs even if LeBron left.

Yeah, no one's taking you seriously.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is Miami has some really nice role players, so they can definitely make moves to open space.

But that TJ contract hurts. So does Waiters.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Chance of staying in Cleveland. Off to Collude on a superteam. It will be Houston or Philly with Kawahi/Lebron/Embiid superteam

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron ain’t going out west. I have no clue why people keep thinking he’ll go to Houston. He wants to keep his 8 straight finals streak alive. That’s not going to happen out west.

If He goes to Houston they will be OVERWHELMING favorites against the Warriors (unless somehow the warriors get stacked even more)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to put percentages on it, but here are the options I think:

1) 76ers
2) Celtics
3) Spurs
4) Lakers
5) Cavs
6) Other team via Trade in the East

I think Lebron's motives obviously are going to be Championship aspirations. I picked the teams that I think give him the best shot at that. Philly is the best option because he gets to come in as a savior of that young team that floundered in the playoffs this year. It's the best look for his legacy in terms of being able to put that team over the top and improve them.

Celtics are a strong number 2, and could put together the best potential spot for him IF its what the Celtics want. He'd get to play for a legendary franchise, a great coach, great young talent that can help carry the load. Best spot for him to sustain his career without having to do it all, IMO.

Spurs have crept up to 3rd, the more I think about it. If he comes on board and is able to get Kawhi to stay, they'll have a formidable squad. Few things would need to go right by way of trade, but Lebron and Pop would be a crazy good pairing. Pop would make the game so much easier for Lebron and also allow him to thrive.

Lakers are a bit lower only because there's other factors at play. The roster is incomplete and he'd need to join up with another player to make it work there. Plus the talent remaining there would be on the lower end of the spectrum.

Cavs I have as 5th because he'd still have a great shot to make the finals next year, even with this same exact squad. They'd be just as flawed, but still have a great chance to get back there. All Lebron really needs is a chance in the finals.
Celtics!? The Celtics have no chance either. Lebron wants to coach himself.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If He goes to Houston they will be OVERWHELMING favorites against the Warriors (unless somehow the warriors get stacked even more)

Depends on what the Rockets have to give up. If Lebron's on the Rockets, they're not going to be the same team. Ariza will be gone. And if the Rockets are lucky, they trade for Lebron while only giving up Anderson and some 1st round picks.

Reactions: GNG