• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what will aaron donald get paid?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His holdout has caused him to be a restricted free agent as well.

But that will not matter much if you think about it. If Donald signs the kind of deal he wants from another team the Rams will not match it otherwise they would have just paid him. They will get a draft pick as compensation but I do not believe it comes from the team that signs him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that will not matter much if you think about it. If Donald signs the kind of deal he wants from another team the Rams will not match it otherwise they would have just paid him. They will get a draft pick as compensation but I do not believe it comes from the team that signs him.

Correct, it'd be a 3rd round (earliest, which is at the END of everyone selecting with their normal pick) compensatory pick (which I believe can be traded going forward) given he'll be paid absurdly. A team would not be required to give up a pick unless the Rams used a transition tag.

I am indifferent with DTs... Trying to think of the last 20+ years of GREAT defenses... who was paying a DT absolutely absurd money? All the great defenses have one thing in common... great edge rushing, not great DT play. We'll see what the Rams do, but I think they're signing their own death sentence if they give Donald $25M or anything over $20M+ for that matter.

Would I like to see Donald gone on the Rams for Seattle's sake? Meh... I guess. Donald certainly evaporates our line but Wilson's major issue is competent edge rushers that limit his out of pocket plays.

Would I rather see Donald sign with the Rams at a ridiculous price, thus tanking their team in a few years when they can't resign anyone? Yep.