• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what will aaron donald get paid?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but it won't be with the Rams once he forces a trade.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25M AAV is a more logical number than people think if you think Donald>Suh prior to signing the Miami deal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much. Someone will bankrupt their team to get a great talent who has attitude issues and is clearly in it for the payday. Albert Haynesworth 2.0 all over again.

Don't get me wrong (looking at you Rams fans), Donald is an INCREDIBLE player, but this is the last year teams will ever get out of him.

I would honestly give Seattle an F grade if Seattle signed and made him the highest paid DT.
There is a big difference between haynseworth and donald. Donald has had several great seasons since he was drafted. Haynsworthless seemed to only play at a high level during his contract year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald

In 4 seasons he has been paid 10 million total, not good for a DPOY winner and 3 time first team All Pro
That's life. If you are great you are underpaid during your rookie contract. If you suck you are overpaid. Contract #2 is when players are paid according to their market value. The fact that he was paid $10M is meaningless to the discussions being had today. You don't get to make up for what you were paid in the past. You get market value for what teams expect from you in the future. Luckily for Donald that is a shitload of money

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25M AAV is a more logical number than people think if you think Donald>Suh prior to signing the Miami deal.
No way I give Donald near $25 and no way I give Mack $20M. It doesn't matter how good the player is you don't just give a player what he wants in a cap World because he is great.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I give Donald near $25 and no way I give Mack $20M. It doesn't matter how good the player is you don't just give a player what he wants in a cap World because he is great.
Fair argument- on the open market that’s probably what they can get though. Tough situation if you’re the Rams. Paying Donald is like paying a QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. The only player you give QB money to, is a QB....and hope he's a tier 1 type of player.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His market value might be $25 mil a year to a team like the Colts but only about 5 teams could pay it.

I think he is worth about $15 mil a year imo. Like Zack Martin but maybe a small bit more valuable on the other side.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Donald didn't report yesterday, he will be officially an restricted free agent, instead of an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't they just tag him twice anyway?

That's what I'd do to his bitch ass. Show up to work, two first names.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Donald didn't report yesterday, he will be officially an restricted free agent, instead of an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

I don't think any of that would have mattered. The Rams are not going to just let him get away. They will just franchise him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of that would have mattered. The Rams are not going to just let him get away. They will just franchise him.
You have to be a real shitty organization to just let talent like that walk.

(Looks at other Rams starting DT. Throws knife at Martin Mayhew voodoo doll.)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see with Aaron Donald is his perceived vs. the value a team places on him. He is a pass rushing DT who is from what I am seeing an average (if that) run defender. I am going to say this and it may not be popular and I am sure I may be accused of homerism but I personally believe that Fletcher Cox is a better DT than Aaron Donald. Now I will qualify that a little. Aaron Donad is the best pass rushing DT in the NFL and it is not even close. However, Cox is also an outstanding pass rusher just not in Donald's class.....but he is also an elite run defending DT and that is why I say overall he is better. I personally believe a run stuffing DT is more important than a pass rushing DT but that is just one man's opinion. I think when you have a DT that is good against the run your linebackers can be more effective.

When Cox got his contract I felt the Eagles overpaid him. I think that kind of money is a lot for a defensive tackle. Fletcher Cox's contract averages $17 mil a year. The Eagles can get out of that deal in 2020 with $6 mil in dead money but saving $14 mil overall because his cap hit is $20 mil that year. When you really look at the contract specifics though you can see that Cox's deal was also Eagles friendly as well. It is the guarantees that seem high. Cox was guaranteed $63.299 mil and that averages out to a little more than $15 mil per year since the Eagles can get out after 2020. So it was a good deal for both the player and the team.

I think the Rams may use Cox contract (if they haven't already) as a starting point for negotiations. It appears that Donald has lost his mind. Reports I have seen states that he is asking for QB money and I am pretty sure no team in the NFL will give him remotely close to that. It appears he wants $25 mil per year and to be honest he is not worth that. I read that the Rams have offered him $21 per year and to be honest I think that is too much as well. However, the overall average it probably the most irrelevent fact in any NFL contract because most players see the ends of their contracts. The telling sign of a deal is the guaranteed money a player gets.

The franchise tag number for a DT is approx $14 mil. Donald is asking for $25 mil which is close to twice that. Not going to happen and he is a moron if he thinks he will.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His holdout has caused him to be a restricted free agent as well.