• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What we know after week 3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your thoughts.

Our defense has the chance to be one of the top 3-4 in the country. They are infinitely improved at getting pressure on the qb, and at stopping the run. Having everybody healthy has a lot to do with that.

Striker will be playing on Sundays. Even when he doesn't get credit for a sack he's usually involved in creating it. He's also doing a lot to shut down the perimeter game on his side as well.

Knight continues to improve a little each week. He's looking really good, but not like a super star every week yet. Hard to complain about 299 yds, 20/33, 2 TD, and one int that really wasn't his fault.

However, if they're going to run the zone read they need to let him pull the ball back a few more times. They weren't respecting that at all, which did set up Knight's rushing TD.

Can't tell if Heupel is reverting to form or if he's trying not to open the play book any more than he absolutely has to. It looked like he pretty much shut it after the third TD.

Durron Neal, KJ Young, and Bell are providing knight receiving options other than Shepard. Bell has some good hands.

There is still room for improvement on offense and that's not a bad thing.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is definitely running hot and cold right now. Need more consistency on that side of the ball. Glad to see not as many penalties as last year, don't know if anybody else noticed that or not.

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think josh is the answer at offensive coordinator. I thought we cOuld run more effectively and with the guys we have not been so finesse. Maybe my expectations were too high with the o line being so hyped locally. Knight is improving nicely, needs work on the longer throws.

The d was awesome. Fun to watch. They made things happen.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think josh is the answer at offensive coordinator. I thought we cOuld run more effectively and with the guys we have not been so finesse. Maybe my expectations were too high with the o line being so hyped locally. Knight is improving nicely, needs work on the longer throws.

The d was awesome. Fun to watch. They made things happen.

The thing you have to understand is Tennessee was stacking the box with 8-9 guys all night. The problem is Heupel had the guys to line up and say "stop us if you can" and run right at them, but loves the zone read. He needs to learn when to use certain schemes. I'm not convinced Heupel is the answer either and I hope his play calling doesn't lose us a game or two we should win.

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that at the line too. I thought we could just beat them first downfield , open up the run game, Then grind them down. The score at the end of the half seemed way low at 20 to 7.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that at the line too. I thought we could just beat them first downfield , open up the run game, Then grind them down. The score at the end of the half seemed way low at 20 to 7.

Agreed. Again, I'm not certain whether Heupel as being dense or holding his cards close. History tells me one thing, but hope wants to tell me another. He did use a fair amount of play action successfully, which was an improvement over last season.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh doesn't impress me yet.
He's still learning but Oklahoma isn't the place to do that.
Bob must love him though because Mangino took the OC job at Iowa State in the off season and I think we would have been better off if we had scooped him up. But we didn't. And that just shows Bob's stubbornness when it comes to his guys, like letting Venables hang around 8 years to long.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh doesn't impress me yet.
He's still learning but Oklahoma isn't the place to do that.
Bob must love him though because Mangino took the OC job at Iowa State in the off season and I think we would have been better off if we had scooped him up. But we didn't. And that just shows Bob's stubbornness when it comes to his guys, like letting Venables hang around 8 years to long.

The only reason we let Venebles go is Mike wore out his welcome at Arizona.

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sour reminder of the Florida game for me. Just couldn't score the td. On the bright side, it's early in the season....and we have someone who can kick field goals.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sour reminder of the Florida game for me. Just couldn't score the td. On the bright side, it's early in the season....and we have someone who can kick field goals.

Been a problem since Heupel took over. Sometimes with our O line and our backs you just have to line up and run between the tackles and tell them "stop us if you can".

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could would have converted it would have been 28-7 at the half.

I think this team is hungry. The play calling is a little conservative but a smidgen of it potential was Fords TD reception. Totally sold it, he was wide open, seriously totally fooled the D.

Our defense has something special going on. The front 7 is good, really good. We will go as far as they take us. This team has the offensive fire power to win a few games, it's our defense that will take us that next step. I'm excited for their potential this year, long as we stay healthy.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd quarter, OU had Tenn on a 3rd and 16 and got called for offsides when Worley got sacked on the Tenn 6. No play and they get 30 yards on a pass the next play and go on to score in that drive. No offside and OU gets the ball and good field position. If OU scores then, its 20-0 and could have been huge. Oh well.....

Also, we have to remember that Knight just started hi 9th game. The guy is only going to get better.