• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do if Saquon Barkley is there at #8?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know, it's highly highly unlikely Barkley is there at 8. I just want to ask the question. If by some miracle Barkley is there at 8 what do you think the Bears should do?

To me, there is no question, you have to take Barkley and trade Howard. This to me is like asking what is 2+2?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know, it's highly highly unlikely Barkley is there at 8. I just want to ask the question. If by some miracle Barkley is there at 8 what do you think the Bears should do?

To me, there would be question, you have to take Barkley and trade Howard. This to me is like asking what is 2+2?
I agree on both - no way in Hell this will happen, but

To me, there is no question, you have to take Barkley and trade Howard. This to me is like asking what is 2+2?
Well there's also a 2+3 and that would be using Barkley as trade bait and see who bites. I don't any of this happening anyway. Barkley will be gone and probably long gone at that by the time we pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how I quoted you twice. Guess I'm still dangerous behind a keyboard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barkley is there, trade down.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barkley is there, trade down.

Just pass him by and get a blue chip prospect.......I wouldn' trade down to get us out of the top 10 myself,unless some team promises us the world.........Hate the thought of trading away a top prospect so another team can draft one.Just seems like nonsense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pass him by and get a blue chip prospect.......I wouldn' trade down to get us out of the top 10 myself,unless some team promises us the world.........Hate the thought of trading away a top prospect so another team can draft one.Just seems like nonsense.

If some team offers us a 2nd + 3rd for #8 and one of our 4th round picks? And we only have to move back to just outside of the top ten? I'd do that in a minute. You could still potentially have someone like Edmunds fall.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade back farther then 12 no matter what. But 12 and a extra pick works for me. You know if Nelson Chubbs are gone.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still far and away for staying put, but if Pace has a bug up his ass to trade back, I would hope we'd go no further than the Cardinals at 15. In fact, I see only 3 possible teams who would bother swapping with us, Miami (11), Buffalo (12), and the Cards at 15. Of these teams, I'm guessing Buffalo is the most anxious to move up, but I think they're not going to waste time waiting for the 8th spot, I see them going for one of the top 5.

I'm a bit more ok for trading down to gather an additional pick or two, but I'd prefer that it would be with our 2nd rounder.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still far and away for staying put, but if Pace has a bug up his ass to trade back, I would hope we'd go no further than the Cardinals at 15. In fact, I see only 3 possible teams who would bother swapping with us, Miami (11), Buffalo (12), and the Cards at 15. Of these teams, I'm guessing Buffalo is the most anxious to move up, but I think they're not going to waste time waiting for the 8th spot, I see them going for one of the top 5.

I'm a bit more ok for trading down to gather an additional pick or two, but I'd prefer that it would be with our 2nd rounder.

It depends on who is gone and who is there. What the offer would be... etc...

I just want this draft to happen already. Sick of the build-up crap and the circular conversations we've had 20 times about it. lol

Sexual Chocolate

That Boy Good
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to great RB class, wait for one. too many early 1st round RB's by the BEARS lately that still hurt

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who is gone and who is there. What the offer would be... etc...

I just want this draft to happen already. Sick of the build-up crap and the circular conversations we've had 20 times about it. lol
Aw creepers rich, where's your school spirit? The fun is in the journey, not the destination!! :plane:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Barkley won't go past the 4th pick. Am I daring or what?
With the Giants threatening draft suicide by drafting a RB 2 I think that's a reasonable thought. Even if he got past the Giants the Bucs would pick him up at 7 taking the Bears out of the equation.

Not impossible he gets past 4, but I wouldn't bet much for or against.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Giants threatening draft suicide by drafting a RB 2 I think that's a reasonable thought. Even if he got past the Giants the Bucs would pick him up taking the Bears out of the equation.
My thinking is either the Giants take him or the Browns will with their 4th.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is either the Giants take him or the Browns will with their 4th.
I think the Browns stuff with Barkley is mostly bullshit. Browns guys like Pete Smith have been saying it's either Chubb or tradeout for months. Ditto with Darnold at 1. I'd bet a lot they draft an RB in round 2 or 3. Michel, other Chubb, Penny, or Freeman will be a Brown. Dorsey hasn't been part of an organization that has even drafted an RB in the 1st round in over 20 tries and has a strong sensitivity for positional value such as QB, EDGE, CB, OT, etc. I don't see it.

FWIW, Pete seems to also believe the top 3 is moreorless written in stone

1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield

Then again, he also told me one day on twitter Wilson would sign with the Bears and he ended up in Miami so :noidea:

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns stuff with Barkley is mostly bullshit. Browns guys like Pete Smith have been saying it's either Chubb or tradeout for months. Ditto with Darnold at 1. I'd bet a lot they draft an RB in round 2 or 3. Michel, other Chubb, Penny, or Freeman will be a Brown. Dorsey hasn't been part of an organization that has even drafted an RB in the 1st round in over 20 tries. I don't see it.

FWIW, Pete seems to also believe the top 3 is moreorless written in stone

1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield

I have the Giants/Browns and Chubb/Barkley interchangeable, so to speak. If the Giants take Barkley at #2, then yes, I say the Browns will go for Chubb. But if the Giants take Chubb, then I believe the Browns will then go for Barkley. The real question is if both Chubb and Barkley are available at 4, then I'd say the Browns have a fantastic dilemma.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Giants/Browns and Chubb/Barkley interchangeable, so to speak. If the Giants take Barkley at #2, then yes, I say the Browns will go for Chubb. But if the Giants take Chubb, then I believe the Browns will then go for Barkley. The real question is if both Chubb and Barkley are available at 4, then I'd say the Browns have a fantastic dilemma.
I'd argue the position value and RB depth (as opposed to a weak-ish Edge class) makes it a pretty easy choice even if you believe Barkley is head and shoulders the best player in the draft at his position like I do. Way too used to seeing all-pro (let's pretend that's what Barkley ends up being) RB's being wasted because of horseshit at QB, or key positions on D.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade back farther then 12 no matter what. But 12 and a extra pick works for me. You know if Nelson Chubbs are gone.
If the Bears trade back it's because Rosen is dropping further than expected and the Patriots, Bills, or Dolphins are calling, imo. Otherwise there's too many really good players at 8.

Now that would be an intriguing situation. Which package would one prefer in such a scenario.