• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What time is it in NYC? It's 5 past Lundqvist!

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah uno took quite an e-beating this evening...poor little fella

"If I keep saying it maybe no one will notice that I mentioned uno in 100 straight posts!"

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh

phil hughes, ivan nova, ian kennedy, doug fister, zach mcallister, joba chamberlain, david robertson, drew storen, david phelps, adam warren, tyler clippard...

no major league pitching talent there

Honestly, most of those guys are fringe talent. Kennedy and Robertson (maybe Clippard) being the exceptions.

And don't list guys like Fister and Storen that failed to sign. Anymore than you can count Mark Teixeira as "homegrown" for the Red Sox. If anything, the GM blew it by losing MLB talent over a couple hundred grand.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results speak for themselves Chappee......You think its easy to build teams to win a World Series? Youre # 1 job is to build a team to play in October, I dont blame Cashman one iota that their bats seem to go dead every postseason......

And signing Hafner, Overbay, trading for Wells, passing on retaining Martin, re-signing Kuroda, etc.etc. are big time checkmarks for him

2005, the Yankees were literally playing October because of the pitching of stiffs like Shawn Chacon and Aaron Small....

Ive always thought Cashman is better suited as a small market GM, I think he likes when he could build teams like the one this season

I agree that the results are there, but he inherited a talent pool that would have made ANY GM look good. You want to give him props for the Freddy Garcia's and Shawn Chacon's of the world and deservedly so. But that doesn't offset big ticket busts like Arod, Pavano, Burnett, Igawa, Marte, Farnsworth and others. Hell, I think Teixeira and Sabathia will be added to this list before their contracts are up.

But Cashman is great at building great regular season teams. I can't argue it.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the results are there, but he inherited a talent pool that would have made ANY GM look good. You want to give him props for the Freddy Garcia's and Shawn Chacon's of the world and deservedly so. But that doesn't offset big ticket busts like Arod, Pavano, Burnett, Igawa, Marte, Farnsworth and others. Hell, I think Teixeira and Sabathia will be added to this list before their contracts are up.

But Cashman is great at building great regular season teams. I can't argue it.

It's easy to argue that anybody could do his job... and that the complete farce that is the Yankee farm system is blinding evidence that Cashman is a complete buffoon.

I promise... You give me two hundred mil to spend on a team, and I'll find a way to coax some wins out of them.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread tickles me silly.

Go Bruins!