• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the Cavs should do

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there is a threat similar to this because its mainly with the Brooklyn pick

If the bulls and wade can come to a buyout agreement and the cavs and pick up wade on a 1 year deal, should the Cavs trade their Nets pick to the Pelicans for Cousins? I think the Nets pick along with Iman Shumpert should be enough to make that trade go through financially.

The Cavs starting lineup would be

PG Thomas
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Love
C Cousins

So this along with the bench that they already have I don't know what situation lebron could walk into that would be better than this? There might be a chance he might actually stay. They could keep that pick but lets face it its hard as hell to build a team from the bottom up in basketball The Suns have a good young player in Devin Booker and other younger pieces but they look like they are 10 years away from competing for a championship you might as well go all in.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pelicans are commited (at least for a while) to see if they can make the Cousins/Davis thing work. I read the Celtics dangled a lot for Davis including at least that pick while they had it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans are going to want a lot more than what you have offered.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY thing the cavs can currently do is hope that nets pick pans out and lebron stays. Even then, with current management and "the queen" getting older, BEST case scenario says they'll suck in five years time rather than in two.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans are going to want a lot more than what you have offered.

What offer could they get that would be better than a top 3 pick of the draft??

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Nets pick isn't guaranteed to be top 3 at all. The Nets added some players and improved their team. They will most likely be the 5th to 7th worst team in the League imo. They have no reason to tank (like a few other teams do).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Realistically, I think Cousins is worth about the same as the Nets pick. Both offer tantalizing upside along with collassal risk. In reality though, the Pelicans would probably want more unless they really struggle first half.

Would it be better than what LeBron could find anywhere else? Yes. Is it enough to beat GS? Probably still no. Would LeBron stay? Depends on how fractured his relationship really is with management.

No DJ, the Nets are awful. The players they added (aside from Crabbe who is a bad contract) are awful. They might not have the worst record, but they won't be far from it. DeAngelo Russell is literally subtraction by addition. Dude is talented, but he is selfish and immature. I don't see that changing anytime soon. His impact on chemistry and flow will hurt more than his statistical production will help.

I understand why the Nets made that trade, but Laker the fact Laker fans were both:

Willing to give up Russell
And excited about the Lopez rental

Are both telling. New Jersey lost hands down their best player from a terrible team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there is a threat similar to this because its mainly with the Brooklyn pick

If the bulls and wade can come to a buyout agreement and the cavs and pick up wade on a 1 year deal, should the Cavs trade their Nets pick to the Pelicans for Cousins? I think the Nets pick along with Iman Shumpert should be enough to make that trade go through financially.

The Cavs starting lineup would be

PG Thomas
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Love
C Cousins

So this along with the bench that they already have I don't know what situation lebron could walk into that would be better than this? There might be a chance he might actually stay. They could keep that pick but lets face it its hard as hell to build a team from the bottom up in basketball The Suns have a good young player in Devin Booker and other younger pieces but they look like they are 10 years away from competing for a championship you might as well go all in.
I totally agree

PG- Thomas/Rose
SG- Wade/JR
SF- LeBron/Crowder
PF- Love/Osman
C- Cousins/TT

say you deal Frye, Shumpert and the Brooklyn 1st rounder for Cousins.

LeBron would find a way with that team. Lets hope it happens

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree

PG- Thomas/Rose
SG- Wade/JR
SF- LeBron/Crowder
PF- Love/Osman
C- Cousins/TT

say you deal Frye, Shumpert and the Brooklyn 1st rounder for Cousins.

LeBron would find a way with that team. Lets hope it happens

If he were to lose in the Finals to that lineup, I don't want to hear shit ever about him not having help.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pelicans stick it out with Cousins until the trade deadline. If the Pelicans are out of the playoff race at that point I can see Cousins getting traded. cavs probably offer the Nets pick, Thompson and Shumpert for Cousins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, I think Cousins is worth about the same as the Nets pick. Both offer tantalizing upside along with collassal risk. In reality though, the Pelicans would probably want more unless they really struggle first half.

Would it be better than what LeBron could find anywhere else? Yes. Is it enough to beat GS? Probably still no. Would LeBron stay? Depends on how fractured his relationship really is with management.

No DJ, the Nets are awful. The players they added (aside from Crabbe who is a bad contract) are awful. They might not have the worst record, but they won't be far from it. DeAngelo Russell is literally subtraction by addition. Dude is talented, but he is selfish and immature. I don't see that changing anytime soon. His impact on chemistry and flow will hurt more than his statistical production will help.

I understand why the Nets made that trade, but Laker the fact Laker fans were both:

Are both telling. New Jersey lost hands down their best player from a terrible team.
Cousins with a competent team and a guy like LeBron would be interesting

if he ever had the opportunity to become a big time player and realize his potential- that would be it.....

plus- while when GSW went small he would have big time issues defensively--- on the other side- Cousins would murder them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets pick isn't guaranteed to be top 3 at all. The Nets added some players and improved their team. They will most likely be the 5th to 7th worst team in the League imo. They have no reason to tank (like a few other teams do).

They're still bottom 3 IMO, but playing in the East may get them a few extra wins.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think if the Cavs were to obtain Cousins and somehow still keep Love and IT, that is a team that would give the Warriors some problems. Sure perimeter defense would still be a problem, but the sheer fire power of that kind of squad and what they could do to stretch the Warriors out defensively too, would be a nightmare. It'd pretty much resort to being first to 130 wins.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still bottom 3 IMO, but playing in the East may get them a few extra wins.

Uh, the Hawks and Bulls are going to be straight trash. Not to mention, Orlando and the Pacers. The Magic don't seem to have a clue and the Pacers traded PG for very little in return.

In the WC, the Suns have more talent but play in the WC. Heck, the Kings are in the same boat, talented, but playing in the WC hurts them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, the Hawks and Bulls are going to be straight trash. Not to mention, Orlando and the Pacers. The Magic don't seem to have a clue and the Pacers traded PG for very little in return.

In the WC, the Suns have more talent but play in the WC. Heck, the Kings are in the same boat, talented, but playing in the WC hurts them.
so whats your prediction for where the Nets finish?

mine is 3rd-4th worst.

I see NO scenario where they are better than 7th worst - UNDER A "BEST" case scenario.

being the worst team in the entire league would not overly surprise me though.

The Nets might have the worst frontcourt i have ever seen in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think if the Cavs were to obtain Cousins and somehow still keep Love and IT, that is a team that would give the Warriors some problems. Sure perimeter defense would still be a problem, but the sheer fire power of that kind of squad and what they could do to stretch the Warriors out defensively too, would be a nightmare. It'd pretty much resort to being first to 130 wins.
if the Cavs got Cousins and played a slower tempo- tried to turn it into a half court game and used the size of LeBron, Cousins, Love etc...it would be very interesting

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are going to own the Cavs by year end.....................:dhd:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs got Cousins and played a slower tempo- tried to turn it into a half court game and used the size of LeBron, Cousins, Love etc...it would be very interesting

I actually think the opposite in that the open court would be the biggest weapon for the team. Cousins is a beast running the court as a big man. IT and Lebron thrive in the open court and Love is a fantastic outlet passer. It would cut a leg off of what the Cavs could do. In the half-court it would just come down to the offensive system they put in place. The Warriors would still switch everything, but what the Cavs would need is more off ball movement and spreading the court to open driving lanes. Simply trying to bang in the post against the Warriors is a losing proposition.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the opposite in that the open court would be the biggest weapon for the team. Cousins is a beast running the court as a big man. IT and Lebron thrive in the open court and Love is a fantastic outlet passer. It would cut a leg off of what the Cavs could do. In the half-court it would just come down to the offensive system they put in place. The Warriors would still switch everything, but what the Cavs would need is more off ball movement and spreading the court to open driving lanes. Simply trying to bang in the post against the Warriors is a losing proposition.
LeBron is just LeBron though- he is never going to play a crazy up and down style---- plus- unless yo uhave perfect personnel- that style doesnt usuallywork during the playoffs.

LeBron is gonna dribble at the top of the key...etc.etc. etc.. just as he always has...

it gets annoying at times but it is whatit is

i mean---- using Love and Cousins in the post and wearing down the Warriors seems to me to be a better idea than trying to play their up and down game with them---esp. because the warriors have no good size really outside of draymond on the defensive end- and he might even have problems with cousins on the block--- but thats just me.