• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team brings in Frank Gore?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else missing football yet?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. He's actually EARNING THEM. Unlike some athletes in the League.
If someone is willing to pay you to put on pads on Sunday and you put on pads on Sunday, you earned that check.

Go get 'em old man!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone is willing to pay you to put on pads on Sunday and you put on pads on Sunday, you earned that check.

Go get 'em old man!

I'm 46.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallman did alright for them too. As a rookie.

Unless there's something I don't know, Gore really wouldn't be replacing anyone there.
Yeah. I just can't think of a team that is just so lacking in RB talent where turning to a Gore is appealing. He's going to have to wait a long while before he gets an offer I'd have to imagine.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore can still get 10-12 carries on a team in the NFL....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I just can't think of a team that is just so lacking in RB talent where turning to a Gore is appealing. He's going to have to wait a long while before he gets an offer I'd have to imagine.
Could be.

But you know what you're getting with him. For the most part.

Rookies are unknowns. Some guys can't cut it physically. Some can't handle having money. Or find other ways to disappoint as pros.

I'd take Gore over anyone in Detroit's backfield, as a ball carrier. Which isn't saying much, but still.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he would take a backup role to Dalvin Cook, I wouldn't mind giving him a look.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was referring to Frank Gore, but if someone will pay you for that, I will cheer you on too!

Edit: I just reread my post and see how poorly I played the pronoun game there. My apologies

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa, Washington, Detroit, Arizona after the injury. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few more where Gore would have been the best RB option for them last year.

Im still not sure where all this mythical RB talent is that some people in this thread are seeing. Every year lately there are about 5-8 teams where the RB position is by far their biggest weakness. And yet every year we hear how RB's are a dime a dozen.

Gore is not a great RB by any stretch of the imagination. But he still should have a role in this league. That said I'm not sure any team out there is going to be willing to pay Gore what he will want to come back and take another year of the beating. But there will once again be 5-8 teams out there that would have been better off if they would have had Gore on their roster.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Giants I am not sure that makes sense for anyone. Quite frankly, that’s generous.
At RB, that's what you do if you can. Latavius and Cook for example. Peterson and Kamara as another. 2 gives you a better chance than 1.

DeMarco and Henry I think were the same year too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa, Washington, Detroit, Arizona after the injury. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few more where Gore would have been the best RB option for them last year.
Wouldn't say most any of them are devoid. Worse than the rest of the league sure, but devoid no. They'll get by, and do fine. I don't think the difference between bad, average, good, and great are very big as far as running ability goes.

Im still not sure where all this mythical RB talent is that some people in this thread are seeing. Every year lately there are about 5-8 teams where the RB position is by far their biggest weakness.
In terms of wins and losses a lack of RB entails... (minimal difference) that doesn't particularly matter. Who cares if you have Fournette if you have Ivory and Yeldon? How big is the difference in value? I'd say not much at all even if Fournette is pretty obviously the most skilled.

Gore is not a great RB by any stretch of the imagination. But he still should have a role in this league.
Maybe, but he'll have to wait, a long, long while in order o get said job.

That said I'm not sure any team out there is going to be willing to pay Gore what he will want to come back and take another year of the beating. But there will once again be 5-8 teams out there that would have been better off if they would have had Gore on their roster.
I actually agree with this. I would just contend the difference Gore would make is so minimal it's justifiable to just sit on cap space at that point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can still play and the Colts aren't interested in bringing him back.

PIT has employed a vet RB in the past to pair with Bell. If Bell bolts for FA $ elsewhere I can see (and would like to see) Gore pairing up with Connor.

ATL...they should probably trade Tevin Coleman before he's gone via FA...if they did, that would be another spot.

As it stands...maybe Tampa Bay.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a homecoming to the Niners is in the future for him.