• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What say you Domers?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H7NIWmTMSMihYSjLZbVG_Family%20Guy%20Aggressive.gif
cxqqrreusaanhwf.jpg

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The single most elite offense of your college football viewing lifetime was Wisconsin. Nobody (not Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, or whatever other blue blood you can name)

2008 Oklahoma says Hello. :wave:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, using some random metric Wisconsin was elite. When you actually look at the normal numbers that everyone else uses, Wisconsin ranked:

11th in Rushing offense
61st in Passing offense

Wisconsin also went on to lose 3 games that year. So (like I said) Wisconsin is great at pumping out good teams that peak out with 9-11 wins.

You often repeat the whole "10 drafted offensive starters thing" like Wisconsin had this elite stable of RB's, WR's and QBs. I'm assuming you're referencing the 2011 and 2012 NFL drafts? Of those "10 offensive starters", half were offensive lineman, one was a fullback, one was a TE and two were truly skilled positions -- Russel Wilson and Toon. And we're stretching this by counting Wilson, who spent the majority of his college career elsewhere, coached by other coaches and wanted to simply bolster his NFL draft chances by staying in college one more year.

So like I keep saying, Wisconsin is good at producing good teams with great lineman. I'd take the ND talent any given day and I assume Wisconsin fans would too. If you could swap recruiting classes for 4 years, you wouldn't? The facts don't lie here. With all the good teams Wisconsin produces, when was the last time they sniffed a chance at a national title?

So your whole argument is that an offense is better judged by total yards than efficiency? Is that really the best you got?

When a team runs the ball 50 times, they are going to run fewer plays and have fewer drives. Maybe you'd rather have an offense that runs 130 plays per game and scores 2 points per drive than 60 plays and 5 points per drive, but that's because you have the IQ of a tampon.

(PS: That team's third best running back was just the best player in the Super Bowl. But our running backs lacked talent, right?)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your whole argument is that an offense is better judged by total yards than efficiency? Is that really the best you got?

When a team runs the ball 50 times, they are going to run fewer plays and have fewer drives. Maybe you'd rather have an offense that runs 130 plays per game and scores 2 points per drive than 60 plays and 5 points per drive, but that's because you have the IQ of a tampon.

(PS: That team's third best running back was just the best player in the Super Bowl. But our running backs lacked talent, right?)
So your best team ever lost 3 games, one of which to a 6 win Ohio State team, and you're saying that's the best I've got? All of which because they were good in one statistical area?

Again, when was the last time Wisconsin was considered a national title competitor late in the season?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Wisconsin is never a great, or elite, team because they're unable to recruit the the elite talent that a team like ND can.
blah, blah, blah.

I would rather tailgate with Wisconsin fans over Michigan fans any day of the week (and especially on Saturdays!)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah, blah, blah.

I would rather tailgate with Wisconsin fans over Michigan fans any day of the week (and especially on Saturdays!)
Well so would I, cheese and beer? Yes please.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait I am just scrolling through here not really paying attention and I see mentions of Wisconsin having the most elite offense in college football...This thread lost all credibility with even that mention wherever it came from.

I tend to plan my Saturday naps around Wisconsin football games if it is the only game on.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah, blah, blah.

You had me at cheese curds....

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brats fried in kraut, onions & beer and served on a sourdough roll w/brown mustard. Cast iron skillet ftw! :thumb:
Friend of mine in EP was a badger. The year they came to the Sun Bowl I attended some of their tailgates with him. I can say Wisconsin fans were the biggest partiers to ever come to the Sun Bowl. 34 degrees the morning of the game and they were in shorts/shirt sleeves drinking beer by 9:00 am.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it.
1. A Coaching Problem at Notre Dame.
2. Adequate Talent at Notre Dame.

It's mostly coaching. The recruiting is a little overhyped, but with minimal effort any coach can still recruit well at ND. But that's been the problem BK and his former dunce DC Van Gorder were lazy recruiters.

The 2018 class if it holds will likely be a top 10 class and would be BK's best since 2011-12. But there's also a motivation problem and I think it's existed since at least the Weis era and that's the players are told how special they are just for being at ND. There's talent, but no drive. The coach needs to put that urgency in them and BK just doesn't seem to be that guy. The silver lining is, some of his new hires are that guy and the new staff are hungry recruiters.

It all still starts at the top though and I just don't know BK's level of motivation.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it.
1. A Coaching Problem at Notre Dame.
2. Adequate Talent at Notre Dame.

It's coaching, who wants to play for a guy who's head looks like a hotbox cigarette.