• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What QB does Trubisky remind you of.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... I think many fans think playing QB is like what they did in the backyard. Where everyone just runs around and the QB is just looking around and throws it to their best friend. THIS IS NOT IT!
EVERY passing play has rules and progressions. AND the QB isn't even looking at the WR's he's looking at the defense- THOSE WR's are SUPPOSED to be at certain places at certain times. THE DEFENSE dictates where you throw the ball. IF a receiver is "covered" than YOU DON'T FREAKING THROW IT TO HIM!!! You move to your next progression.
Now "OPEN" and "COVERED" is subjective... based on play level- NFL OPEN is much different than HS and college "OPEN".
The QB and Receivers NEED to be on the same page... I get so pissed when idiot fans think the QB "sucks" because the WR tried to add an extra wiggle or step or fake or some stupid ass thing, throwing off the timing of the QB. FAN sees and thinks that the WR was "OPEN" but he didn't throw it or it was in front of him or behind. GAAAHHHH I that makes me mad.
IF I KNOW where you're going and WHEN you're supposed to BE there I can put it there. I can put it on you're back shoulder, front number, outside hash, ANYWHERE I need to- BECAUSE I can SEE the defense. YOU, the RECEIVER has ONE DAMN job... GET to that spot ON DAMN TIME! Okay rant over.

You're reading too much into the phrase. It IS a thing... sorry.

And fans do know this very basic stuff that you're freaking out about.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's our old friend AR. Accurate passing, leading wrs, cool in the pocket, can take off when needed. With a quick release like Dan the Man. Now I'm not saying he will be AR or AR light, just reminds me of AR in basic skill set.
He's more like Matt Flynn... :D

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested to see his game, with such little regard for this years quarterback class in the draft, I have seen very little.

I did see him throw a football thru a tire at around 30 yards, once.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I KNOW where you're going and WHEN you're supposed to BE there I can put it there. I can put it on you're back shoulder, front number, outside hash, ANYWHERE I need to- BECAUSE I can SEE the defense. YOU, the RECEIVER has ONE DAMN job... GET to that spot ON DAMN TIME! Okay rant over.

Sure most fans know this, that must be why after every missed play the fans are calling for the receivers head on a plate, riiight. still spinning are we? Honestly I can't think of a single post game show that a wr was blamed for anything. ready, set, google.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to go with Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Vick rolled into one. He has Rodgers escapability, accuracy, and cool head in and out of the pocket, he has Peyton Mannings smarts and ability to read defenses, and he has Vicks speed, arm strength, and dog fighting prowess. He's going to be great...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to go with Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Vick rolled into one. He has Rodgers escapability, accuracy, and cool head in and out of the pocket, he has Peyton Mannings smarts and ability to read defenses, and he has Vicks speed, arm strength, and dog fighting prowess. He's going to be great...

I heard he also can drink like Ken Stabler, pull women like Namath and race motorcycles like Big Ben.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see the man throw some passes in an actual NFL game before I can figure out if he's Ryan Leaf, Aaron Rodgers or something in between.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle