• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What QB does Trubisky remind you of.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's our old friend AR. Accurate passing, leading wrs, cool in the pocket, can take off when needed. With a quick release like Dan the Man. Now I'm not saying he will be AR or AR light, just reminds me of AR in basic skill set.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tomczak

Congrats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes Rodgers skill set wise.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... at their combines.

Rodgers: 6'2 225 pounds 4.71 40 yard dash
Trubisky: 6'2 222 pounds 4.67 40 yard dash

Physically, there's certainly identical similarities. Size, frame and athletic ability...

However, Rodgers ran a very different offense in college. Hard to compare the two that way.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... at their combines.

Rodgers: 6'2 225 pounds 4.71 40 yard dash
Trubisky: 6'2 222 pounds 4.67 40 yard dash

Physically, there's certainly identical similarities. Size, frame and athletic ability...

However, Rodgers ran a very different offense in college. Hard to compare the two that way.
Physically sure but I'm talking mechanics. The way he buys time in the pocket, the way he looks downfield reading while buying that time. The way he makes a play out of nothing when things break down. Throwing style too. The way he can throw a guy open. There is much that reminds me of AR's game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physically sure but I'm talking mechanics. The way he buys time in the pocket, the way he looks downfield reading while buying that time. The way he makes a play out of nothing when things break down. Throwing style too. The way he can throw a guy open. There is much that reminds me of AR's game.
The funny thing is, I was thinking a lot of the same watching those YouTube vids someone posted.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, I was thinking a lot of the same watching those YouTube vids someone posted.
The rest of the league will catch on soon enough. Until then well get morons like the guy above stopping by.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He moves well in the pocket, but he is nowhere near AR in that department. There's very few plays of him on film really "making something out of nothing" on AR's level. He's not as shifty as AR in the pocket. He has the tools to develop that though.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain how anyone does this? Throw a guy open?
Never in all my quarterbacking history has a coach said- "Well if you can't find anyone- than you have to "throw him open"... huh?
There is, of course, leading the receiver. (which 10 year olds learn how to do)
I've heard, "Put it in a window"
"Find a seam"
you can always simply "chuck and duck- Let him go get it."
"Float one to the flat- let them adjust to the ball."
"Away from defender"
"outside shoulder"
"In stride, on the numbers" Or "first number"- ala hit the #8 of his #80 on his jersey.
"let them highpoint the ball" (throw it high)
There is Level 1, 2 and 3 balls... That's a height and velocity thing.
"It's either us or out of bounds."

I suppose all of those could be considered "throw a guy open" But that's what we all do. This is just a sound bite, a thing said with no meaning. BUT it sounds good... right? eh.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never in all my quarterbacking history has a coach said- "Well if you can't find anyone- than you have to "throw him open"... huh?
"Find a seam"
"Away from defender"
"outside shoulder"
"In stride, on the numbers" Or "first number"- ala hit the #8 of his #80 on his jersey.

I suppose all of those could be considered "throw a guy open" But that's what we all do. This is just a sound bite, a thing said with no meaning. BUT it sounds good... right? eh.
You named a lot of them. Knowing were to place it based on how the def is set. Knowing how to throw it to a open spot knowing only your guy can adjust to make the catch. There are many ways.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 6'2", bah, thought he was taller. Give me Glennon, at least he can look over the O line. Hope MT is 3/4's the QB AR is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 6'2", bah, thought he was taller. Give me Glennon, at least he can look over the O line. Hope MT is 3/4's the QB AR is.
6'2 is plenty tall. I don't think height matters anyway but 6'2 is great. And I'll give you Glennon just because your a good guy. I hope you got a 8 foot fence so he don't escape.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Find a seam"
"Away from defender"
"outside shoulder"

"Throwing a receiver open"... simply means that you didn't have a receiver that would be considered "open" and you made a play happen anyway. By laying the ball in a spot where only the receiver could get it.

The receiver was covered, but the QB found an opening to put the ball that would not have been there for most other QB's.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is such a thing as throwing a receiver open. Well maybe that's a mediocre way of putting it, but you near fans have heard of a thing called a pump fake, right? I'm sure you have and this thread is one big pump fake.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is such a thing as throwing a receiver open. Well maybe that's a mediocre way of putting it, but you near fans have heard of a thing called a pump fake, right? I'm sure you have and this thread is one big pump fake.

Lol, dude... what are you doing?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Throwing a receiver open"... simply means that you didn't have a receiver that would be considered "open" and you made a play happen anyway. By laying the ball in a spot where only the receiver could get it.

The receiver was covered, but the QB found an opening to put the ball that would not have been there for most other QB's.
Eh... I think many fans think playing QB is like what they did in the backyard. Where everyone just runs around and the QB is just looking around and throws it to their best friend. THIS IS NOT IT!
EVERY passing play has rules and progressions. AND the QB isn't even looking at the WR's he's looking at the defense- THOSE WR's are SUPPOSED to be at certain places at certain times. THE DEFENSE dictates where you throw the ball. IF a receiver is "covered" than YOU DON'T FREAKING THROW IT TO HIM!!! You move to your next progression.
Now "OPEN" and "COVERED" is subjective... based on play level- NFL OPEN is much different than HS and college "OPEN".
The QB and Receivers NEED to be on the same page... I get so pissed when idiot fans think the QB "sucks" because the WR tried to add an extra wiggle or step or fake or some stupid ass thing, throwing off the timing of the QB. FAN sees and thinks that the WR was "OPEN" but he didn't throw it or it was in front of him or behind. GAAAHHHH I that makes me mad.
IF I KNOW where you're going and WHEN you're supposed to BE there I can put it there. I can put it on you're back shoulder, front number, outside hash, ANYWHERE I need to- BECAUSE I can SEE the defense. YOU, the RECEIVER has ONE DAMN job... GET to that spot ON DAMN TIME! Okay rant over.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... I think many fans think playing QB is like what they did in the backyard. Where everyone just runs around and the QB is just looking around and throws it to their best friend. THIS IS NOT IT!
EVERY passing play has rules and progressions. AND the QB isn't even looking at the WR's he's looking at the defense- THOSE WR's are SUPPOSED to be at certain places at certain times. THE DEFENSE dictates where you throw the ball. IF a receiver is "covered" than YOU DON'T FREAKING THROW IT TO HIM!!! You move to your next progression.
Now "OPEN" and "COVERED" is subjective... based on play level- NFL OPEN is much different than HS and college "OPEN".
The QB and Receivers NEED to be on the same page... I get so pissed when idiot fans think the QB "sucks" because the WR tried to add an extra wiggle or step or fake or some stupid ass thing, throwing off the timing of the QB. FAN sees and thinks that the WR was "OPEN" but he didn't throw it or it was in front of him or behind. GAAAHHHH I that makes me mad.
IF I KNOW where you're going and WHEN you're supposed to BE there I can put it there. I can put it on you're back shoulder, front number, outside hash, ANYWHERE I need to- BECAUSE I can SEE the defense. YOU, the RECEIVER has ONE DAMN job... GET to that spot ON DAMN TIME! Okay rant over.
Uh... I think most fans know this...