• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is your opinion on standing during games?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone should stand. if you want to sit...keep your ass on the couch.

BE LOUD! BE PROUD!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know..... I really think it depends on the section, point in the game, etc. My experience at PBS is that the folks in the endzone generally stand for much of the game. If that's your bag, than you'd be quite happy in that section. In the other parts of the stadium, I think people stand on big third downs on D, and obviously when a big play is in progress.

So I guess as the OP said, I'd probably just try to follow the protocol of the situation.

As for the Husker fan -- The college game and pro game are vastly different. Not sure if your are basing your response on standing at a college game. The pro game doesn't have nearly the same fan experience - You can thank TV for that.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if I'm with my kid, I hope someone doesn't stand in front of him. if your on the lower level, I think you stand anyhow, on the nosebleed, you sit so you keep your balance.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the idiots that stand the entire game. This is one of the many reasons I refuse to attend an NFL game.

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It absolutely depends on the section you are in. If you buy a seat on the 50 yard line in the lower level and plan to stand all game you are an idiot. You are sitting around long time season ticket holders who predominantly sit the whole game and applaud politely when the Bengals do well. Same goes for the club seats. We sat up there for awhile during the Texans game and I thought I was in fucking church. Why do these boring mother fuckers go to a football game in the first place? Conversely, if you have seats in the end zone and expect everyone to be sitting all game you are also an idiot. Rowdy crowd so don't bring your toddler and expect to have quiet picnic.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the boring season ticket holder/club seat old folks over the piss-ass drunk retarded girls that cause their meathead boyfriends to start fights. Live football is too much like Nascar now...... Half the people that are standing, hooting and hollering aren't even aware of what's going on in the game. They are just at a bar with a ridiculously expensive cover charge and expensive drinks. No thanks.

I generally go to a game a year -- When I do, I try to avoid the 'party' sections. Guess I'm just too old!

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I have always been the rowdy sections so that is what I am used to. Most of the regulars in the sections where I had season tickets may have been drunk and rowdy but were not dicks. They also were very knowledgeable anout football and very aware of what was happening in the game. The people in the club seats I saw at the Texans game acted like they didn't give a shit about the game. Why bother coming to the game if you're not going to get into the spirit a bit?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I held season tickets the last 10 years Cinergy Field was open. The whole idea of buying a license to keep what I already had really pissed me off, so the beginning of PBS was the end of season tickets for me. I have only been to two games since PBS opened, and I honestly don't miss it. At my age the rowdies would annoy me, and I've sat around the older season ticket bunch both times, and it was ok, but like I said before I really don't miss it. The games are much more enjoyable on TV, and I can eat and drink as I please at home. The whole atmosphere at professional football games has become disgusting, and people who want to bring their children are nuts, imho.......

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I held season tickets the last 10 years Cinergy Field was open. The whole idea of buying a license to keep what I already had really pissed me off, so the beginning of PBS was the end of season tickets for me. I have only been to two games since PBS opened, and I honestly don't miss it. At my age the rowdies would annoy me, and I've sat around the older season ticket bunch both times, and it was ok, but like I said before I really don't miss it. The games are much more enjoyable on TV, and I can eat and drink as I please at home. The whole atmosphere at professional football games has become disgusting, and people who want to bring their children are nuts, imho.......

Completely agree. And if the NFL wants people to show up for games, they should address this. The outdated blackout rule isn't doing anything. Why spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy a ticket, park, and eat, then be badgered by a bunch of drunk morons, then spend 3 hours trying to get through traffic? I can watch it on TV or online and avoid spending $200. It's ridiculous that owners get away with robbing fans blind.

OrangeBlackRedWhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I stated in my initial post, you can still be a cheering fan by yelling, screaming, and clapping while sitting. Standing during a big moment is always acceptable as well. The problem I have with some people standing in sections that aren't typical for the standing, rowdy fans, is that not everyone will be able to see over over some massive hillbilly ogre. If you pay that kind of money for a ticket, wouldn't you want to be able to see the plays too?

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
full of rookies...nobody knows how to drink properly....disgusting people

reds games, however, are quite civilized

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. I enjoyed the games much more when they were at Cinergy. Sure the place was a dump and some of the sight lines were less than desirable, but the fans were *much* different. PBS is a great place to watch a game - I like the stadium very much. But the NFL experience is much different now than it was in the 90s. And this isn't exclusive to PBS. I've been to a few other stadiums over the past 10 years and they all suffer from the same issue. The game has been marketed like Nascar..... More of an event to see and be scene than anything else.

If you want to enjoy the experience of watching a live football game, you'd be better off going to a Big 10, SEC or Big 12 football game.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, I think there is a good chance I go to the game this week. LOL!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume I'm getting the free ticket from you then?

As much as I think I would enjoy attending a game with you - at the very least I would probably be rip-roaring drunk - I'm not a season ticket holder. I'm getting my free ticket from the generosity of others!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I think I would enjoy attending a game with you - at the very least I would probably be rip-roaring drunk - I'm not a season ticket holder. I'm getting my free ticket from the generosity of others!

:burt:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are physically unable to stand, I would suggest contacting the Bengals for arrangements to seats that will allow a view of the game un-obstructed in the case that you are surrounded by fans who wish to stand.

If you are able to stand and are to lazy/drunk/boring to do so...please go visit the nearest bar to watch a football game. If the Bengals are not on, then too bad for you.

If everyone around you is standing...then stand and cheer. It's part of the game. I've been to several games where I've stood all game long. I've also been to games where I've sat most of the game. You have to be flexible enough to go along with what everyone else is doing...and in a game like this coming up, I would expect the fans to stand most of the game.

Also, for those with kids...and NFL game is not really the best place for kids under the age of 14 or 15. It seems kind of silly, but seriously. With all the drinking and such that goes on, I wouldn't be taking my kids with me any time soon other than a pre-season game...which has none of the issues a normal NFL game has. Especially games against the Browns, Steelers, Ravens.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know im gonna sound like a total pussy, but i cant physically handle standing all game. My lower back starts killing me and i have a bad left foot, id rather sit and jump up on a big play. I dont mind standing on key plays or game winning drives