• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is wrong?????

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand this team. What the HE?? is wrong? They have the talent. Looks like last years team before Roy inserted PJ, but no PJ to bail them out this year.:omg:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel they thought they were gonna get PJ back. since the news and Joel James injury we have been different

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. There has been a definite let down with the PJ news. Let's not forget this team would be a lot different with PJ and Bullock, who surprised Roy by leaving early. I expect a spirited effort against the Cuse this weekend, though I doubt it will result in a win. UNC will be 0-3 and it will be a definite gut check time. I still have faith they will turn it around and finish in the top 5 of the league and make the tournament.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear what they said last night about Wiggins? Roy did not think he would have a place for him because Bullock and PJ. Not sure I agree with that, but I still have faith in Roy and the team. I dont understand how they can play so good and play so bad. PJ would be a beast with this team. But PJ thought to much of himself and it cost the team their best player. I think they need a go to player. Someone that can get them a bucket when they need it. I love Paige, but he is not that pearson that can do that. McAdoo is not either. Johnson can but is to predictable. Not hard to defend because he will dribble once then go up every time. Meeks needs to learn to jump, needs some lift. I think JP will be someone that really improves by his senoir year. I think he will be a stud.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like the football season all over again so far. Hopefully we'll pick it up in the second half of the season like the football team did.

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McAddo - he should be a leader now averaging about 20 a game. He is having a miserable season. Can,t make a shot to save his life. Turnover machine as well.

Tokoto - If this kid could only make a shot, wow would he be good. He has shown the most improvement on the team, but how far can you go when you can,t shoot?

James - I see slight improvement from him. Needs to be more assertive and demand the ball in the low post. Needs better hands.

Paige - way too much is being asked from him. he,s showing fatigue to me. If he doesn't score, Tar Heels have no chance to win? I would move him to 2-guard and let Britt and Davis run point.

Britt - a nice freshman guard. needs to develop his range on his shot.

Brice J - no player depicts the up and down nature of Tar Heels than him? Good moments scoring the ball. bad moments on defense and rebounding. better off the bench

McDonald - a nice stroke. Disappers vs top echelon teams. Can,t get his own shot. A very average player.

Meeks - a nice player. Needs to jump higher. needs to lose more weight, but this kid can play some.

Hicks - a mystery still. Needs more minutes for sure. Wish he would shoot the ball more than he does.

Hubert - total stiff

Simmons- very limited, a stiff

Davis - can run the point, never shoots, another stiff

Roy W - a tough year for Roy with PJ and Leslie. This roster is basically crap without shot makers. I hope he survives this season and can return the Tar Heels to the greatest we all want.

Go Tar Heels!!!!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont play a Louisville, Michigan State, or Kentucky every game.

heelfan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news about this team is that nobody on this roster is anywhere close to being ready for the NBA so they'll all be back next year...except McDonald who is graduating. Maybe they'll know how to play the college game by then. McAdoo will be a senior...except for the fact he'll probably still struggle from the FT line, he should finally be ready to contribute substantially every game.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullock blindsided rou
PJ threw a tornado at roy
lost on wiggins sweepstakes
no shooters At all

but I think the PJ not coming back killed this team because we all thought he would be back now

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're sucking wind now, that's for sure.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is this is getting to be a norm for Heels. Need to get back to promise land. Top 10 every year. Ya I know, we are spoiled.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The landscape of college basketball has changed due to one and done's and the increase of talent nation-wide. The Blue Blood schools now face more competition for recruits and the turnover at these programs makes it hard to have a stable program. That is why schools like Gonzaga, Butler and VCU continue to emerge. They recruit 4 year players and their experience and chemistry is an advantage. Unfortunately, Roy has had a few misses in recruiting, but he has definitely been hurt by early departures. This team could still have Marshall, Barnes and Bullock. Think about that. The current roster does not include any early departures. Add in Berry, Jackson, Pinson and hopefully one more and this team will be back sooner than later.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crystal, I agree 100% and hope you are right. We need outside shooters. That is what has been missing for serveral years. From what I have read, none really coming in next year. I know Roy likes the inside game, but you have to have a deep threat to open up inside. Hope this team gets better in a hurry.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Justin Jackson is supposed to have decent range. But yes, we could use some 3 point shooting, and that is where the loss of Hairston (and Bullock) is killing us this year. Not sure if Vaughn is supposed to have that kind of range, but it seems he may be a bit slimey given some recent articles about his move to Vegas, so given what is going on at UNC, they may decide to stay away.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a article yesterday about blaming Roy for the resent problems and it opened my eyes a little. We all forget about how many we have had leave early and also transfering out. The wear twins are supposed to still be there and be seniors. Not that i thought much of the twins, but it messes up Roy's plans. Then to have Marshall and Bullock leave unexpected and no plan in place, really hurts.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news about this team is that nobody on this roster is anywhere close to being ready for the NBA so they'll all be back next year...except McDonald who is graduating. Maybe they'll know how to play the college game by then. McAdoo will be a senior...except for the fact he'll probably still struggle from the FT line, he should finally be ready to contribute substantially every game.

Haven't we been saying this for years?? I won't hold my breath on this one! Hoping he can make the jump to be the guy everyone thought he was going to be and can be. But until then, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paige and McDonald should be enough 3 ballers. Trouble we have is not enough guys can make a simple 2 point bucket. Lost track of all the cupcakes McAdoo has missed. Meeks seems like he lost his scoring touch near the rim as well. Add guys like Hicks, Simmons, Hubert and Davis who never want to shoot the ball. Lets hope vs BC the can begin to climb out of this hole. Go Tar Heels!!!

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is looking really bad right now....

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty explainable. Kendall Marshall and PJ Hairston were supposed to be members of this squad. The past two years recruiting was really to fill role positions sans JMM who was supposed to be really good, but perhaps over-rated. Mix that in with a tougher schedule and you get what we got. It's going to take us a couple of years to recover from this.

On a brigher note...in two weeks lacrosse and baseball start and we should be really good in both!